Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Match Thread: Liverpool v Man City

Read 14939 times
      ArkansasRed
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts |
      Re: Match Thread: Liverpool v Man City
      Reply #437: Nov 21, 2009 02:52:35 pm
      F***ing Lucas. Nothing more to say that hasn't already been said.
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #438: Nov 21, 2009 02:52:48 pm
      Whoopdeedoo!! Another game we had to win but didn't. Bring on the next one.
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #439: Nov 21, 2009 02:53:00 pm
      I've said the opposite all season, but I have to say that our title dreams have faded now IMO.

I felt they had faded after the Sunderland game really...we can't just blame it on bad luck we need to strenghen are squad if we want to mount a serious title challenge.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #440: Nov 21, 2009 02:53:22 pm
      Sure thing, sir. Lets bring on a lad who's been out since March - or maybe some reserves to start? Great idea.

Would have played Pacheco off Ngog and Gerrard from the right with Lucas and Masch in the middle personally.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #441: Nov 21, 2009 02:53:24 pm
      Other than Gerrard and Carra will someone tell me who really deserves to wear a Red shirt. Playing two holding midfielders at home is nothing short of a f***in disgrace.

To be fair we're hardly chokker with options at the moment. And don't quote Aquilani as an option. If he was fully fit, he would have started.

Even if you pick Gerrard there, we're hardly full of options up top. You can't win.

And besides the fact, Lucas played well. It was the defence that f*cked us up.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #442: Nov 21, 2009 02:54:02 pm
      Typical drivvle. Seriously, mate - grow up. I'm to f**king death of Lucas being the scapegoat when we had a handful worse than him. And his passing was clean, crisp and CREATIVE!

Grow up ?, he was F***ing sh*t mate and if you remove your head from up Lucas's arse, you will quite clearly see what he is lacking. If you think he should be the quality of central midfielder for a top 4 club competing in the premiership and europe, I hold out little hope for any chance of future success.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #443: Nov 21, 2009 02:54:17 pm
      Breaking News: We were at the receiving at of another bad decision!  :f_steam:  :mad:
      Ireland was clearly offside.

Despite that, not a good result. After all the bad results, I was really hoping we'll bounce back after the International break.  :'(
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #444: Nov 21, 2009 02:54:48 pm
      14 million for Lucas on the evidence of this season so far, I'd snap the hands off of interested parties, nothing against the lad but we need a creative outlet and if anything was to happen to Aquilani, looking to Lucas to provide us with that were doomed to failure.. I'd rather take the 14 million and have a player such as Riquelme ready to step in.
      Nobody in their right mind would pay that much for Lucas, ever.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #445: Nov 21, 2009 02:55:44 pm
      Would have played Pacheco off Ngog and Gerrard from the right with Lucas and Masch in the middle personally.

Pacheco hasn't played a Premier League game in his life. Throwing him out against City? Please.
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #446: Nov 21, 2009 02:56:20 pm
      Breaking News: We were at the receiving at of another bad decision!  :f_steam:  :mad:

Despite that, not a good result. After all the bad results, I was really hoping we'll bounce back after the International break.  :'(
      He was behind the ball. Wasn't offside, just our crappy defending. Feel sorry for skrtyl. Was so happy for him when he scored his first ever goal, but it went all pear shaped after that.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #447: Nov 21, 2009 02:56:37 pm
      Grow up ?, he was F***ing sh*t mate and if you remove your head from up Lucas's arse, you will quite clearly see what he is lacking. If you think he should be the quality of central midfielder for a top 4 club competing in the premiership and europe, I hold out little hope for any chance of future success.

He wasn't F***ing sh*t.

Get your head out of your own arse and wake up.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #448: Nov 21, 2009 02:56:42 pm
      1 win in ten is indefensible even with reserves playing its hard to see how we could have done much worse. Its ok to be loyal but being diluusional isnt going to help us win games. Smart arse comments dont hide the fact we are poor and our tactics are poor teams have sussed us out and are quite happy to let us keep the ball and become frustrated when we dont score the crowd go quiet and then they come into the game its like virtually the same script each game.What the F**k is Aquilani doing on the bench is he fit or not can he not play 20 mins when we need creativity and a winning goal.Its a f***in shambles nothing short of it.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #449: Nov 21, 2009 02:56:59 pm
      To be fair we're hardly chokker with options at the moment. And don't quote Aquilani as an option. If he was fully fit, he would have started.

Even if you pick Gerrard there, we're hardly full of options up top. You can't win.

And besides the fact, Lucas played well. It was the defence that f*cked us up.

Agree with this.  Too sloppy.  Don't know what's up with them, just seem to switch off at times.  SS saying we have now conceded more goals from set pieces than Portsmouth.
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #450: Nov 21, 2009 02:57:19 pm
      Offside? Are you not watching SS1? its just showed it with that liney type thing :P and he's way on
      « Last Edit: Nov 21, 2009 02:58:19 pm by crouchinho »
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #451: Nov 21, 2009 02:57:25 pm
      Breaking News: We were at the receiving at of another bad decision!  :f_steam:  :mad:

Ireland was clearly onside. He's in line with the ball.

Skrtel wasn't tight enough.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #452: Nov 21, 2009 02:57:52 pm
      Pacheco hasn't played a Premier League game in his life. Throwing him out against City? Please.

Yeah, got to start somewhere. Even if he played poorly he'd learn a hell of a lot more than playing minutes for the reserves or 5 minutes for our first team. And he'd still do better than F***ing Kuyt whether it was first ever Premier League game or not.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #453: Nov 21, 2009 02:58:37 pm
      Typical drivvle. Seriously, mate - grow up. I'm to F***ing death of Lucas being the scapegoat when we had a handful worse than him. And his passing was clean, crisp and CREATIVE!
      Mate he wasn't that good. But he wasn't the worsy either. Didn't have a very good game.
      Played ok-ish but should have done better with that header at the end.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #454: Nov 21, 2009 02:59:08 pm
      What on earth has happen to our defending, we won't win many games if we keep hemorrhaging 2 goals a game. I agree we do lack cutting edge and the man Man City played today we could of got more goals out of it if we have the quality players to break people down but right now we have half fit Gerrard, Yossi, isolated Ngog and a way off form Kuyt in the attack.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #455: Nov 21, 2009 02:59:19 pm
      Yeah, got to start somewhere. Even if he played poorly he'd learn a hell of a lot more than playing minutes for the reserves or 5 minutes for our first team. And he'd still do better than F***ing Kuyt whether it was first ever Premier League game or not.

I agree, he has to start somewhere. Maybe off the bench though? A very young man thrown into the pits in his first ever game might hinder, more than help. At 2-2 with 10 to go i would of thrown him on for Benayoun to cut in from the left.
      Johncolf
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #456: Nov 21, 2009 02:59:32 pm
      When we were 1. 0 up we stopped playing and allowed city back in the game who up to the were sh*te , the goal was going to come as we are so fragile and concede cheap goals time after time , we have about 8 players in and around the six yard box but concede goals to unmarked players  , again no players on the posts costs us again ,rafa goes on about small details but surely this is a Fu**in massive detail that costs goals , think rafa is useing lives up rapidly , how long can this carry on , Hiddink is available I would have him in like a shot .
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #457: Nov 21, 2009 02:59:58 pm
      Right!!! I am a man of superstition, I have kept my Wallpaper though thick and thin this season, as it did me/us well last season. but I have changed it now!!! our luck must change.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #458: Nov 21, 2009 03:00:02 pm
      Started well but things changed when Tevez came on.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #459: Nov 21, 2009 03:00:09 pm
      He wasn't f**king sh*t.

Get your head out of your own arse and wake up.

I'm awake mate, Lucas was on the ball, Masch was marauding down the right hand side, Lucas dilly dallies on the ball plays a simple 5 yard pass the attack breaks down, he lacks vision and game intelligence, F**k me I could go on the pitch and play 5 yard passes all day long and never give away possession, but if its not amounting to anything its ineffective !!!!!

Quick Reply