Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Match Thread: Liverpool v Man City

Read 14936 times
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Re: Match Thread: Liverpool v Man City
      Reply #460: Nov 21, 2009 03:00:36 pm
      Played ok-ish but should have done better with that header at the end.

See! This is the key.

This is all everyone will remember of Lucas' contribution to this game.

If it was Gerrard or Torres, I honestly think that people would say it was unlucky. But because Lucas has had so much criticism, he obviously didn't hit the target because he is sh*t. Not because he is unlucky.

On a broader scale, Lucas had a good game.
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #461: Nov 21, 2009 03:00:44 pm
      Yeh Tevez's energy changed it
      Where was our energetic masterpiece ???
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #462: Nov 21, 2009 03:00:55 pm
      When we were 1. 0 up we stopped playing and allowed city back in the game who up to the were sh*te ,

I do not think we stopped playing, but they uped theres
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #463: Nov 21, 2009 03:01:01 pm
      How many chances did Lucas make or maybe I saw a different game. He isnt creative and either is Mascherano and there lies the problem. Two good holding midfielders dont make one good creative one. If we are out of the CL and then get beat by Everton next week F**k knows what is going to happen.
      Brooklyn Red
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #464: Nov 21, 2009 03:01:12 pm
      1 win in ten is indefensible even with reserves playing its hard to see how we could have done much worse. Its ok to be loyal but being diluusional isnt going to help us win games. Smart arse comments dont hide the fact we are poor and our tactics are poor teams have sussed us out and are quite happy to let us keep the ball and become frustrated when we dont score the crowd go quiet and then they come into the game its like virtually the same script each game.What the f**k is Aquilani doing on the bench is he fit or not can he not play 20 mins when we need creativity and a winning goal.Its a f***in shambles nothing short of it.

Agree totally. Sitting back after 50 minutes?! What the F**k? Not Liverpool FC. Today was better than other weeks, but that's not a compliment. Rafa needs to shake it up a bit.
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #465: Nov 21, 2009 03:02:30 pm
      Agree with johnstop and Brooklyn Red, :-[
      Rafa's interview : And he's just said people are tired, oh boo hoo, they're professional footballers for god's sake!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #466: Nov 21, 2009 03:02:38 pm
      I'm awake mate, Lucas was on the ball, Masch was marauding down the right hand side, Lucas dilly dallies on the ball plays a simple 5 yard pass the attack breaks down, he lacks vision and game intelligence, F**k me I could go on the pitch and play 5 yard passes all day long and never give away possession, but if its not amounting to anything its ineffective !!!!!

When he makes the 5 yarder passes he makes a run after it!

If your so good, do it. No, i don't see you playing for Liverpool so don't be such an arrogant and petulant man thinking you can do a better job. None of us can otherwise we'd be in that side.

Kuyt was feeding off Lucas, as was Gerrard. But i guess you missed that.

Started well but things changed when Tevez came on.

Very much agree. He pulled the defence out of position masterfully.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #467: Nov 21, 2009 03:04:09 pm
      I agree, he has to start somewhere. Maybe off the bench though? A very young man thrown into the pits in his first ever game might hinder, more than help. At 2-2 with 10 to go I would of thrown him on for Benayoun to cut in from the left.

I totally understand where you're coming from. I think I said what I did more out of frustration against Kuyt because he really should be doing better. Definitely should have put Dani on the bench though. Bit pointless talking about bench options with the luck of the injuries though!
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #468: Nov 21, 2009 03:04:29 pm
      I don't know why we kept having a massive gap in front of the defenders towards the latter stages of the game.

My heart was in my mouth every time they got into that area.

May have been something to do with Tevez I guess, or maybe Mascherano and Lucas running over to the wings to support.
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #469: Nov 21, 2009 03:04:57 pm
      When he makes the 5 yarder passes he makes a run after it!

If your so good, do it. No, I don't see you playing for Liverpool so don't be such an arrogant and petulant man thinking you can do a better job. None of us can otherwise we'd be in that side.

Kuyt was feeding off Lucas, as was Gerrard. But I guess you missed that.

Very much agree. He pulled the defence out of position masterfully.
      What red means is that he can run about a little playing 5 yard passes, but its obvious that he lacks in other areas or he would be playing :P
      Most people can actually run about and kick a ball 5 yards, my mates 11year old brother does that for gods sake, our just taking things too literally
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #470: Nov 21, 2009 03:05:27 pm
      See! This is the key.

This is all everyone will remember of Lucas' contribution to this game.

If it was Gerrard or Torres, I honestly think that people would say it was unlucky. But because Lucas has had so much criticism, he obviously didn't hit the target because he is sh*t. Not because he is unlucky.

On a broader scale, Lucas had a good game.
      Mate I am not at all blaming Lucas. I just said that he didn't have a very good game but wasn't the worst on the pitch either. And trust me had it been anyone else also, people (atleast me) would have spoken about it. I am not saying that it was because of this header that we didn't win the game. Sure we had more than 90 mins to create more and better chances, but since Lucas was being discussed, I just commented that he could have done better with it.
      Truth be said, the team as a whole didn't play that well, and all in all, a sh*te result for us.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #471: Nov 21, 2009 03:05:41 pm
      How many chances did Lucas make or maybe I saw a different game. He isnt creative and either is Mascherano and there lies the problem. Two good holding midfielders dont make one good creative one. If we are out of the CL and then get beat by Everton next week f**k knows what is going to happen.

Spot on mate, and the Lucas backers need to take of their I'm anti Liverpool if i'm critical of Lucas and look at where the problems lie, our central midfield pairing as a whole are a sh*t creative outlet, and that's the engine room of any side and any good midfield in England or Europe is creative.
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #472: Nov 21, 2009 03:05:52 pm
      By the way, Chelsea's up 1-0. FFS.
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #473: Nov 21, 2009 03:06:03 pm
      :-[
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #474: Nov 21, 2009 03:06:32 pm
      I remember when I played if things got a bit out of sorts the coach would accuse of being headless chickens and thats how it seems to me at the moment everyone just looking ot Gerrard to do something. It saddens me to see this it really does but we waste chance after chance to move up the league and if results go against us we could end up mid table FFS.This is turning into a nightmare and nobody at the club seems to willing to sort it out and there is an attitude of if we try hard that will be enough.WRONG . QUALITY PASSION AND LOYALTY wouldnt go amiss.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #475: Nov 21, 2009 03:06:41 pm
      I thought Mascherano was boss at distributing the ball today. Alonso-esque if I may say. ;)

Saying the central midfielders weren't creative isn't fair IMO.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #476: Nov 21, 2009 03:06:58 pm
      I totally understand where you're coming from. I think I said what I did more out of frustration against Kuyt because he really should be doing better. Definitely should have put Dani on the bench though. Bit pointless talking about bench options with the luck of the injuries though!

Been wanting him on the bench since a bit over a month ago, mate. Too good for the reserves.

And i'm frustrated as hell, too. Just trying to keep positive and not get too down about things.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #477: Nov 21, 2009 03:07:38 pm
      Mate I am not at all blaming Lucas. I just said that he didn't have a very good game but wasn't the worst on the pitch either. And trust me had it been anyone else also, people (atleast me) would have spoken about it. I am not saying that it was because of this header that we didn't win the game. Sure we had more than 90 mins to create more and better chances, but since Lucas was being discussed, I just commented that he could have done better with it.
      Truth be said, the team as a whole didn't play that well, and all in all, a sh*te result for us.

I know. But the vast majority will sum up his contribution in terms of his last touch of the game. Not saying you did.

Truth be told, we should have attacked better. We should have defended better.

The result could have been a LOT worse considering we had two subs used after 20 minutes.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #478: Nov 21, 2009 03:09:54 pm
      In the first half, I thought we were all over them. Though Lucas and Masch kept passing backwards and sidewards and maybe some forward ones, I thought they did well containing Barry, de Jong and Ireland.

I believed we would have nicked it 1-nil but things changed when Tevez came on. City upped their game.

I was very pleased with the performance in the first half as players like Kuyt, Gerrard, Lucas, Insua and Masch kept closing down, jumping in and showed determination.

What happened after we scored?
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #479: Nov 21, 2009 03:10:41 pm
      I thought Mascherano was boss at distributing the ball today. Alonso-esque if I may say. ;)

Saying the central midfielders weren't creative isn't fair IMO.
      I think Mascherano is being asked to do something which doesnt come natural he is the best there is at holding,defending and winning the ball back but he is hampered partnering Lucas and visa versa Lucas he is ok but stifled by a partnership which simply doesnt do enough fo rus to win a game. Results dont lie 1 win in 10 is incredible and IDEFENSIBLE so dont even try to.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #480: Nov 21, 2009 03:11:07 pm
      Spot on mate, and the Lucas backers need to take of their I'm anti Liverpool if i'm critical of Lucas and look at where the problems lie, our central midfield pairing as a whole are a sh*t creative outlet, and that's the engine room of any side and any good midfield in England or Europe is creative.

Or vice versa. How about you support him and pck the positives? He isn't a sh*t creative outlet, and neither was Masch.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #481: Nov 21, 2009 03:11:20 pm
      What happened after we scored?

It's what happens when you've only won one game in ten. Our nerves and lack of confidence showed badly.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #482: Nov 21, 2009 03:11:39 pm
      What red means is that he can run about a little playing 5 yard passes, but its obvious that he lacks in other areas or he would be playing :P
      Most people can actually run about and kick a ball 5 yards, my mates 11year old brother does that for gods sake, our just taking things too literally

Lucas is the type of player to go from one box to the other. He plays a pass and then makes a run forwards to contribute further up the pitch. Creativity isn't always the hollywood pass, you understand? Creativity can come from graft and hard work, not necessarily flashy, flamboyant passing and dribbling.

I personally don't think Lucas had a particularly good game, but the amount of stick he's getting is beyond a joke.

Quick Reply