Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Match Thread: Liverpool v Man City

Read 14937 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Re: Match Thread: Liverpool v Man City
      Reply #483: Nov 21, 2009 03:13:34 pm
      I think Mascherano is being asked to do something which doesnt come natural he is the best there is at holding,defending and winning the ball back but he is hampered partnering Lucas and visa versa Lucas he is ok but stifled by a partnership which simply doesnt do enough fo rus to win a game. Results dont lie 1 win in 10 is incredible and IDEFENSIBLE so dont even try to.

I'm not trying to defend our poor record. Did I ever bring it up?

I was simply saying that the way Lucas and Masch are being treated now is harsh. They actually tried to make something happen. Kuyt did F**k all, as did Benayoun really bar that goal. They don't get criticised at all.

Masch passed the ball really well today and Lucas was good too, I just don't see how others can't see it.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #484: Nov 21, 2009 03:15:01 pm
      I'm not trying to defend our poor record. Did I ever bring it up?

I was simply saying that the way Lucas and Masch are being treated now is harsh. They actually tried to make something happen. Kuyt did F**k all, as did Benayoun really bar that goal. They don't get criticised at all.

Masch passed the ball really well today and Lucas was good too, I just don't see how others can't see it.

I'd agree Kuyt was sh*te, but I don't think Yossi was fully fit and probably wouldn't have come on had Babel not picked up a knock or whatever was wrong with him.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #485: Nov 21, 2009 03:15:55 pm
      I'd agree Kuyt was sh*te, but I don't think Yossi was fully fit and probably wouldn't have come on had Babel not picked up a knock or whatever was wrong with him.

Shouldn't have been on the bench then.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #486: Nov 21, 2009 03:16:53 pm

Same as I mentioned before.

We're hardly brimming with options.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #487: Nov 21, 2009 03:18:29 pm
      Same as I mentioned before.

We're hardly brimming with options.

Put Pacheco and Eccleston on there. Inexperienced yes but at least they're fit. I do not want our bench filled up with injured players.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #488: Nov 21, 2009 03:19:44 pm
      I havent made personal criticisms of Lucas or any player on this forum. I point out the facts as I see it as a pair they lack quality to win games and I can back that up by looking at their record together. I am not saying either of them is a bad player but it is even harder for them when we dont have much width and then everything goes through them.All in all we are in a right mess at the moment and our confidence must be almost at zero, its hard to see how things will improve unless we have our best 11 fit and in form but that has hardly happend this season. A lot of head scratching always comes back not to the Manager who just seems to be plagued by bad luck but the owners lack of investment and that I know is one thing WE ALL AGREE ON.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #489: Nov 21, 2009 03:19:45 pm

Well it's lucky he was otherwise we'd of been fu**ed!!

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #490: Nov 21, 2009 03:22:48 pm

Quick Reply