Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Liverpool 2 - 2 Man City: Post Match Dwelling

Read 25373 times
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Re: Liverpool 2 - 2 Man City: Post Match Dwelling
      Reply #46: Nov 21, 2009 05:00:35 pm
      Some arseole gave me a minus for saying Kuyt was a defensive player well he isnt a f***in goal scorer is he.

He was poor today, yes. He hasn't performed this season at all but to say he is a defensive player is just talking out of your arse.

Just because he isn't a goal scorer doesn't mean he is a defensive player and vice versa. Skrtel scored today, does that make him an attacker? No.
      Darkone
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #47: Nov 21, 2009 05:15:04 pm
      If we sort out our defence we can win any games.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #48: Nov 21, 2009 05:20:31 pm
      my arse is obviously far more knowlegable than your brain, he dosent create he dosent score but he tackles and runs a lot definition defensive.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #49: Nov 21, 2009 05:22:57 pm
      my arse is obviously far more knowlegable than your brain, he dosent create he dosent score but he tackles and runs a lot definition defensive.

At his best he does. Im not saying he isn't on a sh*te run of form, but we all know what he can do. I think he needs to be dropped down to the bench until he finds it though.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,241 posts | 921 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #50: Nov 21, 2009 05:26:45 pm
      Some arseole gave me a minus for saying Kuyt was a defensive player well he isnt a f***in goal scorer is he.
      That is part of our problems this season
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #51: Nov 21, 2009 05:29:22 pm
      Two teams turned up?
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,241 posts | 921 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #52: Nov 21, 2009 05:31:36 pm
      City's first goal was typical of our defending this season bad marking from a set piece.......again and if we must have every player back the why not cover the posts that first goal would have been cleared......and how many times has that happened this season
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #53: Nov 21, 2009 05:31:43 pm

Yeah, and then they started kicking this round piece of leather about for an hour and a half.

;)
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #54: Nov 21, 2009 05:34:10 pm

HAHAHAHA! :lmao:

Never heard such rubbish in my life! Last season he contributed 10 assists and 15 goals. That's a decent return from a right winger.
      Just because he puts in his defensive shift doesn't make him a defensive player. Gerrard puts in his defensive shift, but is still an attacking player. Moron.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #55: Nov 21, 2009 05:38:55 pm
      At his best he does. Im not saying he isn't on a sh*te run of form, but we all know what he can do. I think he needs to be dropped down to the bench until he finds it though.
      He's done a great job on the right but he looks completely out of sorts at present and would benefit from a break but in all honesty you could say that about a lot of the team. what they need is a couple of good wins and they'll only come through hard work and determination oh and Fernando Torres.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #56: Nov 21, 2009 05:40:05 pm
      I personallly thought Masch was immense today he carried the midfield on his own, I thought Kuyt and Lucas were terrible today. If people really think that Lucas can take over from Masch if he goes they are deluded.

Kuyt has being continually awful this season, I know he had a good season last season but when is Rafa going to say enough is enough, his performances have not being acceptable and it is time someone like Nathan Eclestone are given a chance.

I think its sad to see Rafa happy with a draw at home against a team which has drawn 5 games previously while Hughes is disappointed they didn't win, for F**k sake the match was on at Anfield.

Also Rafa is going have to stop being so stubborn and admit zonal marking has failed, we have now conceded more goals than anyone else in the league. Teams have sussed it, every time teams have a corner now we look like conceding.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #57: Nov 21, 2009 05:42:08 pm
      what has he done this season who is talking about  last season. have you ever been to Anfield do you know anything other than what you have read in a book. did you see Hunt and St.John play did you see Keegan and Toshack, Rush and Kenny thought not.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #58: Nov 21, 2009 05:46:58 pm
      what has he done this season who is talking about  last season. have you ever been to Anfield do you know anything other than what you have read in a book. did you see Hunt and St.John play did you see Keegan and Toshack, Rush and Kenny thought not.

Oh nice one, crack out the "i'm older and thus what I say is true" song. Just makes you seem like more of a tw*t to be honest.

This season he has been out of form, yes, he hasn't contributed much at all. I agree, but to say that he is defensive is deluded. He is an attack minded player, always has been and always will be. Everytime we are attacking, he's looking to get the ball in the box to shoot or set someone up.

He hasn't delivered, but that doesn't come into it when you are talking about his mentality on the pitch. To say he is a defensive minded player is laughable. Ha Ha Ha laughable.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #59: Nov 21, 2009 05:49:00 pm
      So the answer to the question is no you havent been to Anfield so you know nothing.Only a tw*t would comment they obvioulsy know fuckall about lad. now go and play with your toys.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #60: Nov 21, 2009 05:49:55 pm
      I you having a hop at me Johnstop yes I've being to Anfield what the F**k has that got to do with, I've being following Liverpool 25 years and what the F**k are you on about books.

The simple fact is Kuyt has been sh*te this season and obviously keeping his place because of his past exploits what is your F***ing problem.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #61: Nov 21, 2009 05:50:33 pm
      So the answer to the question is no you havent been to Anfield so you know nothing.Only a tw*t would comment they obvioulsy know fuckall about lad. now go and play with your toys.

Oh stop, you're proving your point so effectively.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,921 posts | 821 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #62: Nov 21, 2009 05:52:40 pm
      Kuyt is not playing well and today looked like he didn't want to get up the pitch but instead of saying Kuyt is a defensive minded player I think that recently he has been playing more defensive then attacking due to having Johnson behind him.

Corballyred Johnstop was not talking to you I don't think. But Johnstop don't you think you are getting a little bit personal. Ive never been to anfield doesn't make you a better Liverpool supporter then me or anyone on this forum !
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #63: Nov 21, 2009 05:53:48 pm
      I you having a hop at me Johnstop yes I've being to Anfield what the F**k has that got to do with, I've being following Liverpool 25 years and what the F**k are you on about books.

The simple fact is Kuyt has been sh*te this season and obviously keeping his place because of his past exploits what is your F***ing problem.

* tip-toes into debate  just to say:- I think, if you read the posts, you'll note john and you are in agreement over Kuyt and it's Eem he's arguing the toss with......* tip-toes out again.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #64: Nov 21, 2009 05:56:32 pm
      I didn't see anything great or different than our previous 10 matches.  Its like watching a replay over and over. Although I almost had a heart attack when Babel and Gerrard collided and hit the deck.  Oh sh*t.  :o

Benayoun as usual was all around. It may be just my opinion but he is certainly the hardest player on the team. He's like a wind up toy. Rafa, winds him up in the locker room and then opens the door and he scoots out on the field attacking every opposing player.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #65: Nov 21, 2009 06:04:00 pm
      I didn't see anything great or different than our previous 10 matches.

That's a very valid point YANK. Can Aquilani bring something "different" to the table? I certainly hope so. The sooner he's "match fit" the better, in my opinion; tho' how that's ever going to happen without him taking part in matches, i don't know.

Maybe we'll see him on Tuesday?
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 734 posts | 113 
      Reply #66: Nov 21, 2009 06:05:56 pm
      If people really think that Lucas can take over from Masch if he goes they are deluded.
      Agreed. Masch is class and if he went we'd miss him more than we have missed Alonso imho

Also Rafa is going have to stop being so stubborn and admit zonal marking has failed, we have now conceded more goals than anyone else in the league. Teams have sussed it, every time teams have a corner now we look like conceding.
      Not sure about that one - I think the problem is far more fundamental and deep-rooted; we are playing badly all over the pitch. Poor passing, no real movement or invention, previously rock-steady guys like Carragher making unforced errors ... I don't think that zonal marking is the issue per se - remember also that we have been using it for years now and have (up until this season) had an excellent defencive record. The players are lacking in confidence and their body language at times is really worrying. It was so clear today that Babel wanted to get off - the physio talked him round on the touchline and then Gerrard had a go but he was having none of it. Last year that would not have happened. I have not felt like this about Liverpool since Souness was in charge.
      Redmen
      • Forum Ian St John

• 429 posts | 61 
      Reply #67: Nov 21, 2009 06:09:46 pm
      Thought we were ok in spells but never looked confident at all. Wasnt impressed with City either yet they nearly f*cking beat us.

Defending is shocking, Skrtel at the first then Lucas completley stopped tracking Ireland for th second. Not good enough.

Dont understand why Aquilani never got on, maybe the 2 earlier subs forced his hand but surely he must be fit enough to play some part.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #68: Nov 21, 2009 06:12:24 pm
      Thought we were ok in spells but never looked confident at all. Wasnt impressed with City either yet they nearly f*cking beat us.

Look at it in another way.

City spent £230 odd miilion and still looked sh*te.

Quick Reply