Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 7th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D0 L1

Ruud Van Nistelrooy (Real Madrid)

Read 30795 times
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Re: Ruud Van Nistelrooy (Real Madrid)
      Reply #230: Dec 30, 2009 10:00:15 am

Liverpool are trying to thrash out a deal with Real Madrid to land Ruud van Nistelrooy on a six-month loan next week.
      Rafael Benitez’s side, who beat Aston Villa in a snowstorm at Villa Park on Tuesday night, are keen to bring in an experienced striker after seeing their season crumble during Fernando Torres’s frequent stints in the treatment room.
      Van Nistelrooy, 33, is keen to head to Anfield to prove his fitness for Holland ahead of next summer’s World Cup. But boss Benitez is worried about the Dutchman’s troubling injury record and has already ruled out paying £3m to take him on a permanent basis

He is also refusing to agree to Real Madrid’s demands to pay the striker’s £100,000-a-week wages for the rest of the season if he joins on loan.
       Trying times: But Rafa Benitez saw his side grab a crucial win at Aston Villa
      Benitez has limited funds available as a result of his inability to find takers for Dutchman Ryan Babel, Ukraine forward Andriy Voronin, Swiss right back Philipp Degen and Italian left back Andrea Dossena in the transfer window.

Instead, Benitez has asked the Spanish side to pay the majority of Van Nistelrooy’s wages during his time at Anfield.
      But Madrid are holding out in the hope that another Premier League club make contact and force an auction for the ex-Manchester United forward.
      Babel’s agent, meanwhile, says Liverpool are only interested in straight cash deals for the Dutch winger. Tottenham, Birmingham, Sunderland and Besiktas have all expressed interest but Benitez will not allow him to simply go out on loan.
      Babel’s agent Winnie Haatrecht said: ‘It will be difficult for him to focus and remain focused. He will not be loaned.
      ‘I don’t know if he will be sold, I have had no contact about that. The only thing I know - no loan. There has been no talk about a sale.’
      Dossena, meanwhile, is holding talks over a possible switch to Atletico Madrid.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1239311/Liverpool-boss-Rafa-Benitez-bid-sign-Ruud-van-Nistelrooy-loan-Real-Madrid.html#ixzz0bAGFyTe1

No hes not hes Dutch!
      thanks2shanks
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 291 posts | 29 
      Reply #231: Dec 30, 2009 01:01:38 pm
      If RVN is looking for regular first-team football to improve his Dutch World Cup prospects and wants to come to LFC, does this mean:
      1. That Torres is going to have surgery? or
      2. That we're going to play two up front?
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #232: Dec 30, 2009 01:05:30 pm
      Him and Torres up front would be pretty mental.
      gradual improvement
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 24 posts | -1 
      Reply #233: Dec 30, 2009 01:11:35 pm
      If RVN is looking for regular first-team football to improve his Dutch World Cup prospects and wants to come to LFC, does this mean:
      1. That Torres is going to have surgery? or
      2. That we're going to play two up front?

gradual has more chance of a threesome with the mrs and her bezzie pal than we do of playin 2 up front
      bbrady10
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #234: Dec 30, 2009 01:30:44 pm
      He would give us more players to choose from up front and for him just to score against man utd would be great
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #235: Dec 30, 2009 02:39:26 pm

Especially against chelsea John Terrys head would implode!

Or this is what he would look like at half time after them running rings round the tosser! :lmao:

robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #236: Jan 01, 2010 02:37:05 pm
      He is a washed out player
      a dead donkey
      or a horse chesnut
      forget it.
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #237: Jan 01, 2010 02:41:29 pm
      He is a washed out player
      a dead donkey
      or a horse chesnut
      forget it.

It's a good deal if it's on loan mate, we'll pay half of his wages and get a proven clinical scorer. Might not play every game but my god will he get us some late important goals if we need him too.

Ex manc or not, he is a quality striker. Bit like when Gary Macca signed for us, nothing to lose and a quality player.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #238: Jan 01, 2010 03:16:09 pm
      It's still a goer this one - who he has or has not played for previously is of no consequence.
      If he can do a job for LFC  that is all that matters and the manager apparently is of the opinion that this is the case, the fact that he played for manUre and as a result hates Sir Alcho, is only a plus.
      LFC1957
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts |
      Reply #239: Jan 01, 2010 03:49:45 pm
      If we could get him on the same terms man u got our old boy (Micheal Owen) no fee & pay as you play i.e. we don't play him we don't pay him, it would be a stroke of genius

I don't care who he's played for so long as if he pulls on our shirt he plays his heart out & gives his all
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #240: Jan 01, 2010 03:52:51 pm
      It's a good deal if it's on loan mate, we'll pay half of his wages and get a proven clinical scorer. Might not play every game but my god will he get us some late important goals if we need him too.

Ex manc or not, he is a quality striker. Bit like when Gary Macca signed for us, nothing to lose and a quality player.
      but pachecos and ngogs development will be hampered i suspect, by not getting any chances.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #241: Jan 01, 2010 05:49:24 pm

That got me thinking.. it is going to be perhaps the most scariest striking partnership in the world if it happens, and Gerrard, Aquilani, Yossi all just behind them.

That would leave defenders running scared.
      sweeney13
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #242: Jan 01, 2010 05:56:18 pm
      this fella would be a good signing just what we need ,we just need another centre midfielder then .
      bgwdivemaster
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 357 posts |
      Reply #243: Jan 01, 2010 06:34:37 pm
      but pachecos and ngogs development will be hampered I suspect, by not getting any chances.

There is another way to look at this.  If RVN comes in and is upfront with Torres, if they both start lighting up the goals in tandom, that might allow for Pacheco and Ngog to come on more frequently at the end of games.  This would then give them more playing time.  Lately we've been in panic mode and Rafa can't afford the luxury of taking chances on younger players.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #244: Jan 01, 2010 06:45:34 pm
      Loan signing til the end of the season would be preferable... Only if Voronin is gone in the process
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #245: Jan 02, 2010 04:28:03 am
      Benitez Not Interested in Ruud

I`ve been getting a lot of emails asking about Liverpool`s reported interest in Ruud Van Nistelrooy. I can tell you that Rafa Benitez is not interested in signing the Dutchman from Real Madrid because - while the former United striker`s quality has never been questioned - there are major doubts over his fitness.

With limited funds, the Liverpool coach would rather focus on  another kind of player and there is little point over the longer term in placing obstacles in the way of Ngog`s progress: particularly at a time when he is starting to  show glimpses of the player we all hoped he may become. Furthermore, Liverpool could not accommodate both Torres and Van Nistelrooy in the same starting eleven and the priority is to get the most out of the Spanish striker`s current from and keep him playing regularly.

In fact, Benitez is quite fed up with the stories linking Liverpool with Ruud and, despite the press speculation and despite the fact Ruud could leave Madrid for free as his contract finishes in the summer, it can be said that the target for January is quite different. If Dossena (At Madrid want him, plus teams in Italy and Germany), Voronin or Degen can be sold, then will have greater room for manoeuvre in their pursuit of another target.

http://www.guillembalague.com/rumores_desp.php?titulo=Benitez+Not+Interested+in+Ruud&id=253

Rafa knows Best? (RKB?)

If the above is true, I can't say I'm comfortable with the decision. Not particularly interested in Rudd, but the notion that Ngog will continue to deputize for Torres is not appealing if we're not bringing in another striker.

Whatever happened to all the talks about Carlton Cole?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #246: Jan 02, 2010 10:01:40 am
      Check out his strike record.
      Ngog has one of if not the best goals per game ratio in the league
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #247: Jan 02, 2010 10:28:47 am
      but pachecos and ngogs development will be hampered i suspect, by not getting any chances.

But his experience and knowledge could be worth much more in the long run. They'd be training with one of the greatest strikers the premier league has ever seen.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #248: Jan 02, 2010 10:49:53 am
      But his experience and knowledge could be worth much more in the long run. They'd be training with one of the greatest strikers the premier league has ever seen.
      They already are aren't they? ;)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,900 posts | 6827 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #249: Jan 02, 2010 11:09:06 am
      They already are aren't they? ;)

Tick Boom!
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #250: Jan 02, 2010 02:08:05 pm
      I'm not sure he'd hinder Ngog's development, I'd have thought it would benefit him to have such an experienced veteran at the club, and having another striker here could enable us to play 4-4-2 more often against the smaller teams. I would rather have Pandev here though.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #251: Jan 02, 2010 03:36:27 pm
      Check out his strike record.
      Ngog has one of if not the best goals per game ratio in the league

Say that again after 20 games. 6 games is hardly competitive.
      Johncolf
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #252: Jan 03, 2010 12:42:49 am
      Rafa has said there's no chance Nistlerooy will be coming and there is more chance we will bring Heskey back , great news just what we need another big dope that's always injured

Quick Reply