Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Ruud Van Nistelrooy (Real Madrid)

Read 30499 times
      Souey11
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts |
      Re: Ruud Van Nistelrooy (Real Madrid)
      Reply #299: Jan 15, 2010 09:51:20 pm

Someone has to come in and soon.  Torres will take 6 weeks to recover from injury then gawd knows how long to return to full match fitness.  This could be best part of 8 to 10 weeks before he is firing again. 

RVN whilst he has had his own injuries would be good signing.  He needs to play for a place in the Holland world cup squad, he will want to put himself in the shop window for what would probably be the last decent contract of his career, he will probably be well up for the challenge.  He is a proven goalscorer and in my opinion just what we need. 

Is there anyone better available on a 6 month loan?
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #300: Jan 16, 2010 01:34:41 am
      Now that would be Weird, LPool vs ManU this season and Owen is on their side and VN on ours, i wonder how much you would have got for that bet 6 years ago.
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #301: Jan 17, 2010 05:32:28 pm
      Ruud van Nistelrooy is ready to snub the Barclays Premier League and join Frank Rijkaard at Galatasaray in a £4m move from Madrid.

The Dutch ace, who is not a regular in the new-look Real Madrid line-up, has been given until this Wednesday to make up his mind.

The ex-Manchester United striker had been linked to ­a return to England and Stoke City have already made an ­official approach for him.

Tottenham and Liverpool have also shown an interest.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/dutch-target-set-for-turkey
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #302: Jan 17, 2010 05:51:58 pm
      What a dick, I don't get what these players see in Galatasaray, it's where you go when you're career is proper washed up.
      kookkai
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts |
      Reply #303: Jan 17, 2010 06:46:03 pm
      What a dick, I don't get what these players see in Galatasaray, it's where you go when you're career is proper washed up.

Don't ever say that to Babel. Just in case Rafa trying to swap him for Turan.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #304: Jan 17, 2010 06:51:09 pm
      He's all me arse - if it's his international career he's worried about why is he going over there? could be that the 4m is of more concern.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #305: Jan 17, 2010 08:32:37 pm
      He's all me arse - if it's his international career he's worried about why is he going over there? could be that the 4m is of more concern.
      He doesn't have to play at a top club to secure a spot in the dutch national team for the World Cup, Galatasaray will do just fine, what matters is him playing and scoring again.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #306: Jan 18, 2010 03:35:06 pm
      He doesn't have to play at a top club to secure a spot in the dutch national team for the World Cup, Galatasaray will do just fine, what matters is him playing and scoring again.
      Prestige wise it's a step down - from his present situation certainly and of course he could still secure international status playing in Turkey but there is no way he will get the exposure over there that he would with a top flight club nearer home, he's made a money related decision at the expense of his Holland team selection, maybe that reflects his aspirations and confidence about retaining his place in the squad.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #307: Jan 18, 2010 03:58:01 pm
      Prestige wise it's a step down - from his present situation certainly and of course he could still secure international status playing in Turkey but there is no way he will get the exposure over there that he would with a top flight club nearer home, he's made a money related decision at the expense of his Holland team selection, maybe that reflects his aspirations and confidence about retaining his place in the squad.
      Prestige wise it is a step down, but that's it in my opinion. I'm dutch myself, and Galatasaray is currently getting quite some exposure here because Rijkaard is managing it(and they're doing quite well), and that exposure will only grow if he joins. He'll get enough exposure here anywhere he'll play, that will not be an issue. The dutch national team is having some serious striker issues. Van Persie is injured for a long time, Kuyt isn't performing well and Huntelaar isn't even playing at Milan. All RvN needs to do is play regularly and score. At Galatasaray the only thing that could keep him from doing that is possible injuries, at Liverpool he'd have to worry about competion like Torres on top of the injury issues he's had. Even if he'd come back to PSV, as long as he'd play and score he'd still secure that World Cup spot. So, in my honest opinion him going to Galatasaray would not be at the espense of his spot in our national team at all. That said, I'd rather see him coming to Liverpool.
      « Last Edit: Jan 18, 2010 04:08:44 pm by Dexter »
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #308: Jan 18, 2010 04:22:50 pm
      Van Persie is injured for a long time, Kuyt isn't performing well and Huntelaar isn't even playing at Milan.

Is Huntelaar injured or should Liverpool look for him as a loan signing
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #309: Jan 18, 2010 04:36:40 pm
      Is Huntelaar injured or should Liverpool look for him as a loan signing
      He isn't injured. He's just not been getting alot of playing time. At first Milan wasn't playing the right type of formation to suit him. Huntelaar is a box striker, he's a clinical finisher but he needs other creative players around him to connect with him. Then they changed formation(actually to a formation more suitable for his style of play) but played other strikers(Boriello especially), and they've been doing great since. Huntelaar hasn't really been given a chance since then because they're obviously not changing a winning team. I'm actually not sure if we should go for a loan on him, although he would be an improvement on what we have next to Torres. Not sure if he'd come though, but that's another story.
      flafson
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 497 posts |
      Reply #310: Jan 18, 2010 08:13:31 pm
      I think tax income is much lower there which is why players want to move there.
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #311: Jan 19, 2010 01:31:00 am
      It's easier for him to score for Galata and get in the national team then it would be for him playing as a back-up for Liverpool.
      It's as simple as that.
      Plus, the turks have enough money to satisfy him.
      And then there's this :
      flafson
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 497 posts |
      Reply #312: Jan 19, 2010 05:32:37 am
      That would be a good reason to stay away from Turkey IMO.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #313: Jan 19, 2010 09:07:51 am
      The young one on the left is hot but the front two would tear you in half
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #314: Jan 19, 2010 09:12:47 am
      The young one on the left is hot but the front two would tear you in half

Thats cos there men ....Trust me my mate found out the hard way !;D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #315: Jan 19, 2010 09:23:14 am

Good times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #316: Jan 19, 2010 09:57:09 am
      Have to stop getting so aroused and ask a few questions like "do you stand up when you go the bathroom."

Edit : nice arses though.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #317: Jan 19, 2010 03:44:08 pm
      Ruud van Nistelrooy in, Roman Pavlyuchenko out! Spurs boss Harry Redknapp admits talks to sign Real Madrid striker

Harry Redknapp has confirmed he is in talks to sign Ruud van Nistelrooy on loan from Real Madrid.

The Tottenham boss said the club would be keen to sign the 33-year-old striker as long as Roman Pavyluchenko can be sold in the January transfer window.

But if Russia international Pavlyuchenko does not leave White Hart Lane, Redknapp would not want to bring a fifth striker to the club.

Speaking about Van Nistelrooy, the Spurs boss said: 'It’s interesting but it depends what the deal is.

'The chairman (Daniel Levy) would deal with that side, but he's an interesting player.

'He was fantastic in England (with Manchester United), a great goal scorer. If he was available it could be of interest.'

Pavlyuchenko is keen to return to Russia after making just four substitute appearances in the Premier League this season, but finding a buyer has not been straight forward.

Redknapp said: 'Pavlyuchenko is looking to move, but only if someone came in and if he decided to go, and it was a good offer. Otherwise it wouldn’t be possible.

'We couldn’t have five strikers. It's difficult enough with four. I find it hard leaving one out of picture. I'm certainly not looking for five strikers.'

Redknapp also denied making an offer for Manchester United goalkeeper Ben Foster and insisted he is looking for a No 2 goalkeeper to provide back up for Heurelho Gomes.

He said: 'I never made any offer whatsoever. I've no clue where it came from.

'Ben's a good keeper but I’m looking for back-up. Foster and David James (the Portsmouth goalkeeper) want to go to World Cup - not sit on bench as a No2.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1244429/Ruud-van-Nistelrooy-Roman-Pavlyuchenko-Spurs-boss-Harry-Redknapp-admits-talks-sign-Real-Madrid-striker.html
      End of discussion I say.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #318: Jan 20, 2010 02:20:43 am
      Wtf? He complains about 4, but is talking of shipping one out and bringing one in - that still makes 4 'Arry!

Idiot.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #319: Jan 20, 2010 01:37:57 pm
      Maybe he's now counting Keane as a creative midfielder......ha ha
      But he does say he couldn't have 5. Would be nice if we had 2. Sorry Ngog your still a Ressie performing when needed
      flafson
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 497 posts |
      Reply #320: Jan 20, 2010 05:47:31 pm
      Maybe we should start counting our attacking midfielders as strikers.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,210 posts | 8569 
      Reply #321: Jan 20, 2010 05:52:31 pm
      Wtf? He complains about 4, but is talking of shipping one out and bringing one in - that still makes 4 'Arry!

Idiot.

Never been too good with figures, has Harry, just look at all the tax problems he's had!

Quick Reply