Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Debrecen 0-1 Liverpool : Post Match Discussion

Read 27741 times
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Re: Debrecen 0-1 Liverpool : Post Match Discussion
      Reply #184: Nov 25, 2009 12:03:02 am
      I cant believe this. Its over. We have been a disgrace so far this season. Where are the supporters who were screaming that we will win the league after losing 9 points?? Very quiet tonight aint they

You better not speak at the end of the season mate!
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #185: Nov 25, 2009 12:03:19 am
      take your "Defeatist Attitude" and stick it as far up your own anus as your incestous red neck hill billy uncle does his penis.

Way to return from a ban Daryl :D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #186: Nov 25, 2009 12:03:41 am
      Let's reflect on the game eh.

Before the game, we knew we had to win to stand any chance. We won. So on the whole, the job was done.

We dominated the first half without a doubt. And it didn't surprise me to see a few good crosses going in in the first half. But we just weren't lethal enough where it counted. So the game grew increasingly tense.

Second half we weren't as good. We still created a few chances but they were sensing we had nothing more to offer. Little by little we allowed them to creep into the game and our possession began to recede. Suddenly we were finding not five or six players of ours in their half, but three or four.

I think the subs Rafa made indicated he wanted to win - but only win by defending the 1-0 lead. Taking a striker off for a midfielder and sticking the off form Kuyt up front, didn't fill me with confidence. Taking a talented set piece taker off for a player who's very poor and has hardly played any games this season was also confidence destroying. Bringing Aquilani on to tick the clock down in the 90th minute and taking Gerrard off? I don't know. I found that quite funny actually.

Ngog was a worry for them no matter what anyone thinks. All this pitch being in a bad state talk is a load of rubbish in my opinion. If he was on the pitch, he might have scored another goal - he's not going to do so on the bench. The reason why he was coming deep, is because he wanted a touch on the ball. Why he was taken off, I have no idea. Done my head in that.

babel99
      • Banned

• 141 posts | -24 
      Reply #187: Nov 25, 2009 12:04:27 am
      Mate thats a f**king joke of a thing to say to be honest, do you really think we'd be in this predicament had it not been for the number of injuries we've had take your "Defeatist Attitude" and stick it as far up your own anus as your incestous red neck hill billy uncle does his penis.

Im black so im not related to any hill billys but thanks anyhow. Anyway back to footy. I hope these cowards (apart from stevie,torres,carra and pep) can take today and become men. This is not good enough
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #188: Nov 25, 2009 12:05:29 am

You must be Ryan.

You don't know what the truth is. Please stop speaking absolute crap, and form your opinions based on evidence and FACTS - not what you see those biased cu*ts spout on TV.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #189: Nov 25, 2009 12:06:13 am

Instead of trying to be a smart arse, give your opinion about the game last night in a grown up and respectful manner.

You'll find people will take more notice to you.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #190: Nov 25, 2009 12:07:41 am
      Way to return from a ban Daryl :D

Oops bad Karma.... ;D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #191: Nov 25, 2009 12:08:00 am
      On topic please - and sack the bitching off
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,543 posts | 1666 
      • YNWA
      Reply #192: Nov 25, 2009 12:12:32 am
      He just said it's preferable to be in the CL elite - of course it is but they have to acknowledge the position and work to get something out of it.  We have to stick together as fans now and get through this rough patch.
       :(

You're right. We need to stay together and support the team. Agreed.
      But at the same time I'm not going to take any comfort from the fact that we're now in the Europa. I admire SG for at least being honest - I actually don't think he is/we should be happy about it. We need to be striving for the best and that means not being content with the crumbs.
      But there is still a lot of football left in this season and looking forward to the match on Sunday. Will dig out this years LFC hoody for that one ... and man is that bright red :) Pocket the 3 points, and onto the next one ...
      Skidancer
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 126 posts | -13 
      Reply #193: Nov 25, 2009 12:13:43 am
      sh*t happens! Lets nail the europa, then the super cup! If we are in a comp, then were in it to win it! Im not sure how though on recent performances! At the least should give the players a boost, esp the young ones going into next season! Maybe even the yanks a taste of winning something may give them an appetite to go on and win more but i seriously doubt that after coming 2nd last season!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #194: Nov 25, 2009 12:14:05 am

Goes and sits on the naughty step.

Can't really add anything to whats already been said, we were poor tonight that goes with out saying, how ever we got a result and kept a clean sheet and with several players returning to fitness its not all doom & gloom. They say luck evens itself out over the course of the season and were long over due ours.

Yes we are out of the champions league but now above anything else we must look to secure a top 4 finish for next season for more than the qualification money as the Standard Chartered deal is heavily reliant on Champions League football for its top ups, aswell as keeping hold our key players onwards and upwards we march on as the season can not get any worse can it ?
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #195: Nov 25, 2009 12:16:36 am
      Ok we did the business, but yet again it did not come up to expectations,.So for me, f*ck the Europa league,our main priority is to qualify for  next yearrs CL.
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #196: Nov 25, 2009 12:21:04 am
      You're right. We need to stay together and support the team. Agreed.
      But at the same time I'm not going to take any comfort from the fact that we're now in the Europa. I admire SG for at least being honest - I actually don't think he is/we should be happy about it. We need to be striving for the best and that means not being content with the crumbs.
      But there is still a lot of football left in this season and looking forward to the match on Sunday. Will dig out this years LFC hoody for that one ... and man is that bright red :) Pocket the 3 points, and onto the next one ...

This season will sort the true fans from the fair weather and the same with the players.  I can't see Babel/Dossena/Voronin staying under any cirumstances now but I expect Torres/Gerrard/Carra/Reina et. al to show character and work to dig us out of this.
      It's depressing tonight and the performance wasn't great but @ least we won - the Mancs have done that on countless occasions and been praised for it.  Come on Reds top 4 and Europa Cup  ;D
      Kieran578
      • Banned

• 229 posts | -16 
      Reply #197: Nov 25, 2009 01:26:11 am
      the seaon is finished - we now have 7 months to force out the owners.
      Now there's no 'it'll distract the team' sh*t I've been hearing for 2 years, cause there's nothing to distract them from now.
      Lets organise, mobilise and do everything possible to get them out
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #198: Nov 25, 2009 01:29:42 am
      the seaon is finished - we now have 7 months to force out the owners.
      Now there's no 'it'll distract the team' sh*t I've been hearing for 2 years, cause there's nothing to distract them from now.
      Lets organise, mobilise and do everything possible to get them out

Funny, i look at the schedule and still see a bunch of games left. Top four beckons and there are still two trophies easily in our reach if we play well.
      Kieran578
      • Banned

• 229 posts | -16 
      Reply #199: Nov 25, 2009 01:34:50 am
      Funny, I look at the schedule and still see a bunch of games left. Top four beckons and there are still two trophies easily in our reach if we play well.

If we cant group together and exert pressure on them now we never will and will deserve the mediocrity which beckons
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #200: Nov 25, 2009 01:40:44 am
      If we cant group together and exert pressure on them now we never will and will deserve the mediocrity which beckons

Not at the expense of our on field though. We need to still strive to get as best finish in the league and cups as possible, otherwise we will be in even more trouble.
      Kieran578
      • Banned

• 229 posts | -16 
      Reply #201: Nov 25, 2009 01:57:48 am
      Not at the expense of our on field though. We need to still strive to get as best finish in the league and cups as possible, otherwise we will be in even more trouble.

Take a look around uncle Tom - how much trouble do we have to be in before you wake up
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #202: Nov 25, 2009 02:29:00 am
      well the only psitive from this game was we won and now have 3 points out of 4. ngog played his heart  out. now the negatives when is kuyt going to be dropped his efforts are similar to voronins just no end product. rafa should base team selection on performance this year not last year
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #203: Nov 25, 2009 03:48:54 am
      Take a look around uncle Tom - how much trouble do we have to be in before you wake up

What the F**k? Uncle Tom? Im F***ing awake lad, i know exactly how much trouble we are in. But, if we blow our season to get them out and end up in mid table, maybe not even in Europa, then how the F**k is that meant to help? Would we attract players that way? I just don't like the idea of sacrificing on field performance to try and get them out. Because who is to say it will work? If you said we could guarantee a new investor who would turn us around, get us the new stadium, invest well into players, but we had to settle for 4th or god forbid 5th or 6th, maybe id say yeah. But its not guaranteed. We need to always strive for excellence on the field, because that is what we are known for. There is always ways of turning things around off the pitch without affecting it on. Newcastle last year should prove as warning that major off field complications can have major negative influence on it.

So don't patronize me, make me look like i know nothing. I know what is happening, im just one of those that believe in change without having to kill ourselves on the field. Because im sure as hell Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres would not be happy to hear that attitude.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #204: Nov 25, 2009 05:23:32 am
      Its a bad season and every team has them. So, were out of the CL and if sh*t doesn't get fixed quick we might be out next season. Lets be real this team has Issues. They're missing something.  Maybe it is as simple as Alonso leaving. I dont think (1) Player can really be blamed for this season but its possible.

But I understand, Babel is a team leader, who scored 100's of goals and hoisted numerous cups and titles and was never Injured and played 100% every day...Uh..Oh wait sorry. Wrong guy. He actually never scored, never won the league, was constantly Injured and never really did sh*t.

What really sucks is now were getting the Infighting, the sh*t  w. Babel is sh*t which is usually kept inside the locker room.  Rule number 1. WHAT IS DISCUSSED/TALKED OR ARGUED IN THE LOCKER ROOM, STAYS IN THE LOCKER ROOM...2ND rule..WHAT IS DISCUSSED/TALKED OR ARGUED IN THE LOCKER ROOM, STAYS IN THE LOCKER ROOM.

Going to the press, slamming your coach, fellow players, team leaders and other players is beyond dishonor.  He's is now just a player who is ALONE!!!  A number in a Jersey and thats it.

Babel is now on his own. Players will keep away, no longer associate with him or cover his back on the pitch.  He needs to go.  Its a virus which can spread, and spread quick.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #205: Nov 25, 2009 06:47:21 am
       I am pleased that we won but disappointed that we are out of the Champions Cup.I was not impressed with the standard of our football to be honest,too much short passing and not making any headway.Oh how I long for someone to start splaying some long passes from out defence or midfield and splitting opposition defences wide open.What is the odds that we hammer Fiorentina at Anfield.However we feel it is not the time to desert RAFA and the lads in RED.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #206: Nov 25, 2009 07:16:59 am
      Lets hope this WIN (and we did WIN )kick starts a bit of a winning run BRING ON THE BITTERS.YNWA.

Quick Reply