Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Debrecen 0-1 Liverpool : Post Match Discussion

Read 27737 times
      therapy2004
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 145 posts |
      Re: Debrecen 0-1 Liverpool : Post Match Discussion
      Reply #207: Nov 25, 2009 08:56:12 am
      Aquilani.  He has been fit for five weeks, played twenty minutes, and is no nearer to match fitness than he was when he came on in the Carling Cup.  How, oh how, is this man going to get match fit coming on to run down the clock against the mighty Debrecan?  I am baffled.  I might be missing something here. Can somebody explain the logic? 
      Walk-wright-on
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts | 13 
      • FSG - The future is bright!!
      Reply #208: Nov 25, 2009 10:25:14 am
      As for the Europa League, it's a f**king embarrassment that a club of our size is even in it. It's a competition for mickey mouse clubs like Everton, we're meant to be one of the elite in Europe aren't we?

DLS I have to take issue with this part of your post mate! Normally I think you talk a lot of sense but I feel this is a but kneejerk on your behalf!

Is this is the same mickey mouse competition that small clubs like Bayern Munich and AC Milan were in last year? At the end of the day if we win the Europa League in May will you be disappointed? I dont think you will! We might be Liverpool Football Club but we have to earn our right to play in the Champions League and this year we didnt do enough!

Lets get our heads up and back the club that we love and help get us back to where we belong!!
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #209: Nov 25, 2009 11:25:14 am
      Post match interview with Stevie. He said that he wants to play in the CL. Cause for concern do you think?

What did you expect to him say 5 minutes after the match had finished?

"Na screw that competition, Im not playing in it"
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #210: Nov 25, 2009 11:35:48 am
      OH MY f***in GOD!!, I cant believe what ive just been reading, Yes we are all disapointed/gutted we're out, But FF'S it's not the end of the world, This season is definately our annis horriblis(if thats the way you spell it), Were all havin a sh*t time and no matter what we do just does'nt seem to work, We did'nt play well last night we have'nt being playing well all season so no change there, We did however win a match and kept a clean sheet now however insignificant that may seem to some posters it's a start, Its a start we can build on, No matter how bad things get we all have to be as positive as we possibly can, All this negativity breeds more negativity whether it's from forum like this or from the kop and that will make it's way onto the field, Rafa and the lads know only too well the season they are having, But they keep trying, they keep working hard, What else is there to do? We all have to show them we are right behind them and will be all the way, When things are going well and we are winning and putting teams to the sword everyone to a man is behind our boys, So why are we not all behind them now when things are going tits up, Are'nt we the best supporters in the world? So come on lads and lasses lets stop the infighting, Lets all get behing Rafa and the lads and show all the doubters, doom merchants, Rafa bashers, So called experts and most of all the pro manc press and media that you will never ever beat our spirit our passion our love for our club, Like a previous poster mentioned it's the Europa league, It's a trophy we can aim for, Would you rather win F**k all this season or win that, I know what i'd prefer, Some pundits (arseholes) like Collymore reckon if we don't beat the bitters on Sunday that should be it for Rafa, Great input from a wife beating dogger who has a great track record as a manager, T he only thing he can manage was to put a johnny on, tw*t, Bring on the bitters on Sunday, It's a good time to vent our frustrations, Lets get behind Rafa and the lads, no excuses.   YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE.
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #211: Nov 25, 2009 11:40:23 am
      OH MY f***in GOD!!, I cant believe what ive just been reading, Yes we are all disapointed/gutted we're out, But FF'S it's not the end of the world, This season is definately our annis horriblis(if thats the way you spell it), Were all havin a sh*t time and no matter what we do just does'nt seem to work, We did'nt play well last night we have'nt being playing well all season so no change there, We did however win a match and kept a clean sheet now however insignificant that may seem to some posters it's a start, Its a start we can build on, No matter how bad things get we all have to be as positive as we possibly can, All this negativity breeds more negativity whether it's from forum like this or from the kop and that will make it's way onto the field, Rafa and the lads know only too well the season they are having, But they keep trying, they keep working hard, What else is there to do? We all have to show them we are right behind them and will be all the way, When things are going well and we are winning and putting teams to the sword everyone to a man is behind our boys, So why are we not all behind them now when things are going tits up, Are'nt we the best supporters in the world? So come on lads and lasses lets stop the infighting, Lets all get behing Rafa and the lads and show all the doubters, doom merchants, Rafa bashers, So called experts and most of all the pro manc press and media that you will never ever beat our spirit our passion our love for our club, Like a previous poster mentioned it's the Europa league, It's a trophy we can aim for, Would you rather win f**k all this season or win that, I know what I'd prefer, Some pundits (arseholes) like Collymore reckon if we don't beat the bitters on Sunday that should be it for Rafa, Great input from a wife beating dogger who has a great track record as a manager, T he only thing he can manage was to put a johnny on, tw*t, Bring on the bitters on Sunday, It's a good time to vent our frustrations, Lets get behind Rafa and the lads, no excuses.   YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE.

Too right they need us now more than ever.  My only worry is Torres being out severely narrows our scoring options!!! we so need him back until there is a sound deputy.  I like N'Gog but he's too inexperienced and better as a back-up sub for some games!
      Kieran578
      • Banned

• 229 posts | -16 
      Reply #212: Nov 25, 2009 12:25:05 pm
      What the f**k? Uncle Tom? Im f**king awake lad, I know exactly how much trouble we are in. But, if we blow our season to get them out and end up in mid table, maybe not even in Europa, then how the f**k is that meant to help? Would we attract players that way? I just don't like the idea of sacrificing on field performance to try and get them out. Because who is to say it will work? If you said we could guarantee a new investor who would turn us around, get us the new stadium, invest well into players, but we had to settle for 4th or god forbid 5th or 6th, maybe id say yeah. But its not guaranteed. We need to always strive for excellence on the field, because that is what we are known for. There is always ways of turning things around off the pitch without affecting it on. Newcastle last year should prove as warning that major off field complications can have major negative influence on it.

So don't patronize me, make me look like I know nothing. I know what is happening, im just one of those that believe in change without having to kill ourselves on the field. Because im sure as hell Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres would not be happy to hear that attitude.

What's the solution then?
      Let me critique your argument point by point

Would we attract players that way
      - we'll be attracting nobody with these owners, so our ability to sign Silva,Aguero etc is least of my priorities

I just don't like the idea of sacrificing on field performance to try and get them out
      - what on field performances? Anyway, I'm not concerned about this year or the next or the one after - I'm thinking about the Liverpool that will exist for my kids - our owners are like a cancer; nip it in the bud early and you reduce complications - we've probably missed that boat, but the disease is not terminal as yet

There is always ways of turning things around off the pitch without affecting it on
      - I'm all ears, because its been 2 years since the discontent began and what action has been taken? - they weren't even heckled at the Man U game ffs

Because im sure as hell Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres would not be happy to hear that attitude
      - as above, neither will be playing for Liverpool in 10 years but I'll still be supporting the club - the question is what will I have to support?

I think we should look at it as if we are contemplating going to war.
      Our ancestors didn't want to die on a beach in France 70 years ago but they recognised the greater good - the greater good has to apply here
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #213: Nov 25, 2009 03:00:09 pm
      It was a sad day for us eventhough we won. We have to admit currently we are struggling with consistency and the injuries didn't help at all. I'm not worried about the fact we could only managed to fight for Europa Cup but what worries me is the fact some of our players didn't performed that well. Kuyt for instance has been under-performed in some of the game and last night his passing and his controls were woeful. Insua also didn't have the best performance either. I didn't understand the fact when we're counter-attacking the players suddenly dropped pace and continue playing the usual backpassing game. At least on 2 occasion when i thought they should push further up-front during the counter but yet they passed the ball back to the back line.

It made me realized something, putting aside N'Gog solitary goal, we're nothing without Torres. Yes they've created chances but in truth there's times when nobody connected to the loose ball inside the box, it made me missed Torres even more. I was like if Torres was there, I could see those wasted crosses will at least be converted into goals.

CL or Europa..I will always support Liverpool no matter what.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #214: Nov 25, 2009 03:22:07 pm
      Been offline while the PC was scanniing got back to this thread and cannot believe the negativity by the usual suspects, I would like to scan this forum and sort the infections out once and for all.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,845 posts | 68 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #215: Nov 25, 2009 03:25:53 pm
      Absolutely gutted that we are out of the champions league! unfortunately our league form was the same as our champions league form ....poor and not of the standard that this club deserves or expects,roll on january when i expect some deadwood to be cut from the squad and new blood brought in ,we obvously lack creativity at the moment and a lack of competition for places in the first team ,strange thing last night was when i was listening to the radio commentary and watching the sky sports live commentary on the pc ...was like two different matches were being played so i could not comment on how we actually played . Would have liked to see Aquilani play at least a second half to get match fit but i suppose Rafa is scared stiff of any more injuries at the moment ...was strange substitution with 90 secs to go though
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,152 posts | 1284 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #216: Nov 25, 2009 03:26:59 pm
      Not much to say really. Am absolutely gutted. An absolute sh*te performance and a sh*te night all round. Why the f**k was Aquilani only given 30 seconds? What the f**k is going on? If he's fit, play him. This could be the longest rehabilitation period in the history of professional football.

Let's move on and try and get our season going on Sunday.
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #217: Nov 25, 2009 03:37:18 pm
      This could be the longest rehabilitation period in the history of professional football.

Oh dear.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #218: Nov 25, 2009 03:41:45 pm
      Not much to say really. Am absolutely gutted. An absolute sh*te performance and a sh*te night all round. Why the f**k was Aquilani only given 30 seconds? What the f**k is going on? If he's fit, play him. This could be the longest rehabilitation period in the history of professional football.

Let's move on and try and get our season going on Sunday.
      It is a mystery why he brought the lad on given the state of the bog they had to play on and Aquilani not being used to playing in wellies,that was definitely a waste of time.It was like using greyhounds to plough a field - maybe Rafa thought F**k it stranger things happen (Istanbull 2005).
      But it didn't affect a thing in the end.
      « Last Edit: Nov 25, 2009 04:07:58 pm by stuey »
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,008 posts | 3352 
      Reply #219: Nov 25, 2009 04:14:58 pm
      DLS I have to take issue with this part of your post mate! Normally I think you talk a lot of sense but I feel this is a but kneejerk on your behalf!

Is this is the same mickey mouse competition that small clubs like Bayern Munich and AC Milan were in last year? At the end of the day if we win the Europa League in May will you be disappointed? I dont think you will! We might be Liverpool Football Club but we have to earn our right to play in the Champions League and this year we didnt do enough!

Lets get our heads up and back the club that we love and help get us back to where we belong!!

No mate I won't be disappointed if we're in it come May, of course I wouldn't be. But it is still a mickey mouse competition. Whether or not Milan and Bayern Munich were in it, neither of those sides are the sides they were. Milan are a team of pasts it and Munich have only won the very poor German league once in the last three years. Both of those clubs are living on their past traditions.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #220: Nov 25, 2009 04:48:39 pm
      Didn't we win it a few years back? think we played Spurs or Arsenal in the final, from what I can remember we beat them and it was a good game but you don't feel as elated and off your F***ing head like the European cup.Whatever tho its still a trophy.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,213 posts | 915 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #221: Nov 25, 2009 09:35:48 pm
      One good thing that come out of last nights game Ngog is improving with each game ..well in lad
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #222: Nov 25, 2009 09:53:58 pm
      One good thing that come out of last nights game Ngog is improving with each game ..well in lad

Ah I'm really glad, we always can see the positive out of our bad performances lately.
      Good, good one. I like.... ;)
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #223: Nov 25, 2009 11:04:15 pm
      Ah. So What.

Remember that team we beat 8-0?
      The largest CL win.
      Besiktas?

They beat the scum tonight!
      At the Old Toilet.
      Love it.

Now 'Im happy.
      nzal
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts | -1 
      Reply #224: Nov 25, 2009 11:48:22 pm
      Very poor performance against Debrecen-if they'd had a decent striker we would have drawn the game. I love this club and have supported them for 50 years and I can't believe what I'm seeing. There is almost no movement up front so the defenders pass sideways or back. we desperately need a creative midfielder -Lucasand Masch are both good at holding but there is  just not enough speed in passing and movement to unlock a decent defence.The defence is shaky too-how many goals have we conceded this season from set pieces? I think zonal marking should be abandoned for the old-fahioned but tried and true man marking with a man on each post at corners.Would City's first goal been scored with a man on Reina's left hand post/ I don't think so. Everton are sh*t but I'm sure they'll be putting  lots of high balls into our box cos that's all they can do. I support Rafa but he has got to make some changes -he can't keep blaming bad luck and injuries. YNWA.
      Volle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
      • Champions 2019/20
      Reply #225: Nov 26, 2009 12:04:07 am
      I do think injuries is an important issue here, but Aquilani should have entered earlier. Well anyway, we had a decent 2nd half and after all we won the match. We could not control the other match like Rafa said.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,629 posts | 6939 
      Reply #226: Nov 26, 2009 11:22:49 am
      Meanwhile, Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas has brazenly asked Liverpool for a favour against Fiorentina even though the French side played a huge part in the Reds’ early exit.

“First place (in Group E) is important, notably because the second-leg match in the last 16 would be played at home,” Aulas said.

“We have the match against Debrecen remaining and we hope that at the same time Liverpool can beat Fiorentina.”
      Scott Barton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,552 posts |
      Reply #227: Nov 26, 2009 11:41:36 am
      I would expect nothing than 110% against Fiorentina to install some pride
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #228: Nov 26, 2009 11:44:20 am
      Meanwhile, Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas has brazenly asked Liverpool for a favour against Fiorentina even though the French side played a huge part in the Reds’ early exit.

“First place (in Group E) is important, notably because the second-leg match in the last 16 would be played at home,” Aulas said.

“We have the match against Debrecen remaining and we hope that at the same time Liverpool can beat Fiorentina.”

Yep righto, champion.

They played absolutely sh*te and we went out. I'm not blaming this one bit on them but when they played a weakened side for a game they could of wrapped 1st place up with, i don't see why we must owe them anything.
      dizzy141
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 837 posts | 27 
      Reply #229: Nov 26, 2009 12:04:25 pm
      I dont see why we owe them anything. If anything we should play a second string side an avoid injuries.

Quick Reply