Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

The Europa League - who cares?

Read 83141 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Re: The Europa League - who cares?
      Reply #23: Nov 25, 2009 12:22:04 am
      I care.

Might get a ticket.  Bet not a lot of people have UEFA Cup credits knocking around. ;)

In it to win it, and for some boss away trips.
      FabulousAurelio
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 537 posts | 11 
      Reply #24: Nov 25, 2009 12:23:27 am
      I would absolutely love to win it now, or any trophy to be honest.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #25: Nov 25, 2009 12:24:32 am
      Let's be the first team to win it.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #26: Nov 25, 2009 12:25:16 am
      I care because at the end of the day it is still a big trophy and if you win it then you then have the chance to play in the Super Cup against the Champions League winners, which again is another trophy.

When we won it last time it wasn't a drab competition, it was just as tense and good IMO because that game against Alaves was awesome!

Obviously it's not as prestigious as the CL but I would rather win the Europa League than another season without Silverware. It would also secure a place for us in Europe next season so if we were to have a complete failure in the league then there would be that lifeline available to us. Would also give us that little bit extra money, not as much as the CL but again it is better than nothing.

We all know it's not ideal and it's a big blow to have been knocked out of the CL but there is nothing we can do about it so knee-jerking and saying you don't give a sh*t about it is pointless because it's not going to change anything and as we progress through the rounds and get to the final you can't say that you still wont give a sh*t because any true Red would!

"You'll Never Walk Alone" is 24/7. Not, "You'll Never Walk Alone (Except when knocked out of the Champions League and have to play in the Europa League)"

Also, is this not the first season the UEFA Cup has been played as the Europa League? It's only right that we are the first team to win it as the Europa League ;)
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #27: Nov 25, 2009 12:28:09 am
      We come out of this horror show of a season so far with any trophy at the end and ill be stoked. Let's do this sh*t!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #28: Nov 25, 2009 12:28:20 am
      Just wondering, if we win the Europa League, will we automatically get a slot for the Champions League in 2010/2011?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #29: Nov 25, 2009 12:29:59 am
      I care a lot, but I'd much rather be in the European Cup.

We've only got ourselves to blame for that though.

So here we are. Are we gonna sit on the pavement feeling sorry for ourselves or get up and fight?

I know what I'm gonna do.

RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #30: Nov 25, 2009 12:30:36 am
      Obviously, everybody is gutted that we are out but at the end of the day we are going through a tough season. It is plain to see.

Therefore by going on to win the Europa League/FA Cup and securing our place in the Champions League again next season must now be our target.

Anybody saying they don't give a sh*t about it is a tit. I remember it being party time back in 2001 when we won it.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #31: Nov 25, 2009 12:31:11 am
      I care.  It's a competition and I want us to win every competition we are in.  First ever Europa Cup winners has a nice ring to it.
      FabulousAurelio
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 537 posts | 11 
      Reply #32: Nov 25, 2009 12:31:44 am
      Just wondering, if we win the Europa League, will we automatically get a slot for the Champions League in 2010/2011?

That's a Neddy no no  ;D
      Y.N.W.AScouseJayY.N.W.A
      • Forum John Toshack

• 253 posts |
      Reply #33: Nov 25, 2009 12:31:51 am
      Europa League Were back;D ,Were going to win it!;), If you dont care about Europa league,Why are you liverpool fans ay? You should be true liverpool fan backing up your team up every game home & away
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #34: Nov 25, 2009 12:35:26 am
      I would relish a Liverpool-Madrid final it still is a possibillity.

What would the Madrid fans have to say about themselves if they ended up in the Europa League?

redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #35: Nov 25, 2009 12:37:46 am
      Anybody saying they don't give a sh*t about it is a tit. I remember it being party time back in 2001 when we won it.

I wouldn't say they were a tit. Just a bit forgetful?

Because your second sentence is proper nail on the head stuff.

Anyone who says they don't give a sh*t about it now, I dare them to say the same thing if and when we go on to win it - because stranger things have happened.
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #36: Nov 25, 2009 12:43:43 am
      You should be true liverpool fan backing up your team up every game home & away

Never a truer word said.
      Volle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
      • Champions 2019/20
      Reply #37: Nov 25, 2009 12:44:43 am
      I care, it would be great to be the first team to win this competition. A rich tradition will then become even more richer, so let's do it and belive that we can do it :)
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #38: Nov 25, 2009 12:45:07 am
      In it to win it thats what i think ,liverpool have won this trophy in its rich european history before so why not again????lets stop having this boo hoo,were not in the c/l anymore bollox.....lets just win the f**ker..YNWA ;D ;D
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #39: Nov 25, 2009 12:46:19 am
      Good chance for younger guys to get European experience in my opinion. This season is basically a cluster F**k as of late. Why not give some kids a try out, hell they deserve it more than the sh*t we have at the minute
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #40: Nov 25, 2009 12:50:44 am
      Can't wait for the Liverpool - Inter Milan final and Rafa sitting on the side of the pitch doing his Karma thing and getting another one over Moaninho.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #41: Nov 25, 2009 12:55:24 am
      Good chance for younger guys to get European experience in my opinion. This season is basically a cluster f**k as of late. Why not give some kids a try out, hell they deserve it more than the sh*t we have at the minute
      YEAH damn right all of the younger lads could get some valuble experience from this debacle of a c/l year.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #42: Nov 25, 2009 01:03:33 am

Well, why not?  ???

LIVERPOOL FC, the first winner of Europa League 2009/2010

That sounds great to me. We'll have another souvenir in our trophy cabinet. We r out of the CL now. No point crying over the spill milk. Just concentrate on the competition that we r still in & try to win or move as high as possible.

WE R LIVERPOOL FC & WE WILL FIGHT UNTIL THE LAST DROP OF BLOOD RUNS DRY
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #43: Nov 25, 2009 01:34:37 am
      Trophies are trophies. At least 17 teams in our league wont win one...and we shouldnt be one of them.

I'd nicely take the title as first ever Europa League winner.
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #44: Nov 25, 2009 01:35:40 am
      YEAH damn right all of the younger lads could get some valuble experience from this debacle of a c/l year.

It isn't the Champion's League but its also not the League Cup. We won't be coming up against teams like Crewe and Grimsby, there are some pretty damn good sides that will be in our round. Valencia, Werder Bremen, Galatasary, Ajax, Roma, PSV, Villarreal, Shakhtar etc. I don't think we'll be throwing out a team full of youngsters against the likes of these.

EDIT: That's without the sides that will be dropping down from the CL, which could be Stuttgart, Bayern, Marseille, CSKA, Atletico Madrid, maybe even Inter. This competiition won't be any walk in the park!
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #45: Nov 25, 2009 01:53:45 am
      Couldnt give a sh*t about this shitty little cup

For those who choose not to care, don't bother going to the games or watch the matches. Don't bother coming to the live match thread. Don't cheer when we score. Don't celebrate if we win the competition. Don't brag to your mates about it if we win the trophy.

Quick Reply