Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

The Europa League - who cares?

Read 83143 times
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Re: The Europa League - who cares?
      Reply #713: Feb 19, 2013 10:20:31 pm
      Honestly does anyone not care right now this moment in time?

FOOKING MAD FOR IT!
      I think that there's a lot of gobshites out there Brian who have fallen for the skysports bullshit . There is no guarantee of big money just because you've got 4th spot . I'd much prefer to win this cup rather than get booted out early out of the CL . Many have forgotten that this cup was our first European title that lead to bigger things , Shankly didn't turn his nose up at it nor should Rodgers or the grassroots for that matter .
      Adam_Gibson8
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 290 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #714: Feb 22, 2013 02:39:05 pm
      Dont care anymore its a sh*t cup anyway!  :P :mad:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6735 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #715: Feb 22, 2013 10:40:28 pm
      Couldn't give a F**k anymore, just have to make sure we get back in next year unless of course we get back into the Champions League.
      scouse_jatt
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 349 posts | 14 
      Reply #716: Feb 23, 2013 12:50:07 am
      Couldn't care less who wins it now!

A question for everyone, who believes in this nonsense that 'oh my team's out so I just hope an English team wins it' crap?

I'm English but I don't start supporting the English teams to win it, I just want to see some good football on show on a Thursday night whether its Chelsea or Zenit.

Just curious..?
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #717: Feb 23, 2013 08:29:20 am
      I care that we are no longer in the competition,this was a cup we could of won.It saddens me that at this stage of the season we will not be bringing any cup home to Anfield.Just got to hope that we finish the season off in style to qualify for Europe next season.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #718: May 15, 2013 10:07:54 pm
      I don't care what anyone says, that was F***ing hard watching Chelsea win the trophy this evening, obviously made more difficult due to Rafa and Torres being involved. I couldn't help but feel a twinge of jealousy that they get to celebrate winning a trophy and we don't. For that reason, I don't give a rats arse what competition we are in, we are in it to win it.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,461 posts | 4588 
      Reply #719: May 15, 2013 10:09:07 pm
      I don't care what anyone says, that was f**king hard watching Chelsea win the trophy this evening, obviously made more difficult due to Rafa and Torres being involved. I couldn't help but feel a twinge of jealousy that they get to celebrate winning a trophy and we don't. For that reason, I don't give a rats arse what competition we are in, we are in it to win it.

Agree Mate, that should have been us today.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #720: May 15, 2013 10:09:10 pm
      I don't care what anyone says, that was f**king hard watching Chelsea win the trophy this evening, obviously made more difficult due to Rafa and Torres being involved. I couldn't help but feel a twinge of jealousy that they get to celebrate winning a trophy and we don't. For that reason, I don't give a rats arse what competition we are in, we are in it to win it.

Could have been a bit different if we had been clinical in the first leg vs Zenit.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #721: May 15, 2013 10:09:15 pm
      Made up for Rafa  ;D Couldn't give a toss for the chavs !!
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #722: May 15, 2013 10:11:30 pm
      Could have been a bit different if we had been clinical in the first leg vs Zenit.

All 'ifs' and 'buts'. At the end of the day, it didn't work out against Zenit and they went through.

Made up for Rafa  ;D Couldn't give a toss for the chavs !!

Really happy for Rafa as well. One of the nicest men in football.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #723: May 15, 2013 10:20:50 pm
      All 'ifs' and 'buts'. At the end of the day, it didn't work out against Zenit and they went through.

Right, but it wasn't like we played a weakened side or for a lack of effort. We just couldn't F***ing score in the first leg.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #724: May 15, 2013 10:42:36 pm
      Right, but it wasn't like we played a weakened side or for a lack of effort. We just couldn't f**king score in the first leg.

Very true. Maybe an indication that we aren't strong enough. Maybe also an indication that there wasn't the same effort put in to it from Brendan and the players due to importance of Premiership fixtures. Don't call me pessimistic.

;)
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #725: May 16, 2013 04:14:20 am
      I'm sad for Rafa, I guess that if we were playing the EL with him in charge we could have won it too,  without joking. His man management was a bit  hard to understand but seriously in recent years he won:

La Liga : 2001–02, 2003–04
      UEFA Cup : 2003–04
      UEFA Champions League : 2004–05
      UEFA Europa League : 2012–13

Only few managers can compete with this European record at this moment. I miss him but i would not take him at the expense of BR who deserves a fair chance.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #726: May 16, 2013 04:38:13 am
      Miss him loads too, but like alex1995 says, not at the expense of Rodgers.

Was absolutely made up to see him lift that trophy, really delighted how he proved the doubters wrong (those disgraceful so called fans and a large section of the media). By taking the interim job, he actually found favour with a lot of neutrals - majority of opposition fans are now hugely respectful of the man, particularly after his rant after the Middlesbrough game. We all know he really did it for himself, with a nod to us Liverpool fans who always gave him the respect he deserved! And because of the mutual love between him and Liverpool FC, it feels like a victory for OUR man to come out with so much class this year in a classless club.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #727: May 16, 2013 10:31:44 am
      Yeah, got to agree with Alex and SOG. As much as I like Rafa, I don't agree with what some people have posted on here, Twitter and Facebook. By all means like Rafa but don't let it override your support for Brendan.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #728: May 16, 2013 02:11:07 pm
      Yeah, got to agree with Alex and SOG. As much as I like Rafa, I don't agree with what some people have posted on here, Twitter and Facebook. By all means like Rafa but don't let it override your support for Brendan.

Hard not to when you compare the two men!

For some young and old Liverpool fans, especially those that made it to Istanbul, Rafa will always be a legend for making that possible.

Brendan comes nowhere near yet. Win a trophy League/Europe and he'll get the same adulation.

But it must be earned!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #729: May 16, 2013 02:15:25 pm
      Only few managers can compete with this European record at this moment. I miss him but i would not take him at the expense of BR who deserves a fair chance.

When did Rafa get his fair chance?

I remember the pr**k's who called him a Fat Spanish waiter amongst our own support after his one and only sh*t season, Brendan's got off lightly to be honest!!

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #730: May 16, 2013 02:17:19 pm
      I'm sad for Rafa, I guess that if we were playing the EL with him in charge we could have won it too,  without joking. His man management was a bit  hard to understand but seriously in recent years he won:

La Liga : 2001–02, 2003–04
      UEFA Cup : 2003–04
      UEFA Champions League : 2004–05
      UEFA Europa League : 2012–13

I agree but should LFC part company with BR, I think Rafa deserves a second stint at the club.
      Brilliant Babbel
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 510 posts | 10 
      Reply #731: May 16, 2013 02:21:41 pm
      oh god, not another Rafa pining thread.... :mad:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #732: May 16, 2013 02:23:10 pm
      oh god, not another Rafa pining thread.... :mad:

Then F**k off, plenty of other threads to look through. You can't deny the fella knows his trade!
      Dancho
      • Forum David Johnson

• 231 posts |
      Reply #733: May 16, 2013 02:29:49 pm
      Then f**k off, plenty of other threads to look through. You can't deny the fella knows his trade!

Guys, it is not about Rafa or Brendan, it is about money. Currently FSG does not spend enough, no manager can deliver. Period. With that said I would stick behind Brendan, because nothing will ever be the same, and you can not live in the past.
      Brilliant Babbel
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 510 posts | 10 
      Reply #734: May 16, 2013 02:30:18 pm

Then f**k off, plenty of other threads to look through. You can't deny the fella knows his trade!
      look, i'm happy for Rafa. I loved the memories he gave us, i'm even slightly pleased he's had more success since, albeit with the Chavs. But that's it, he's in the past and attempting to relive those days doesn't work, as last season proved with King Kenny. BR is our boss now and I don't see why people feel the urge to pine away for Rafa, like he's some lost puppy. We had great times but we've all moved on. FSG would never bring him in and he'd never be able to work under their rules.

The arguement about Rafa's time at LFC has also been done 1 million times, and it always divides opinion, with some irked he's gone, while others saying his time was up. Neither side will agree and I don't understand why some insist of having the debate, over, and over, when it just causes arguments.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #735: May 16, 2013 02:38:29 pm
      look, i'm happy for Rafa. I loved the memories he gave us, i'm even slightly pleased he's had more success since, albeit with the Chavs. But that's it, he's in the past and attempting to relive those days doesn't work, as last season proved with King Kenny. BR is our boss now and I don't see why people feel the urge to pine away for Rafa, like he's some lost puppy. We had great times but we've all moved on. FSG would never bring him in and he'd never be able to work under their rules.

FSG could bring him in, except they won't as long as that F***ing Harley driving c**t is fronting the club, FACT!

I don't need a F***ing lecture, I choose to chat on a forum about Rafa and how he'll always be a better manager than BR - that's just a FACT!

I'll still go and pay my season ticket and support the team and by extension the manager. Doesn't stop me talking about a former LIVERPOOL MANAGER THAT WON THE EUROPEAN CUP!

When Brendan does anything of note - I'll talk about him in the same way - as of yet he's won F**k all!

Quick Reply