Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Songs That Grow on You

Read 1992 times
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Songs That Grow on You
      Nov 26, 2009 08:17:17 pm
      Happens from time to time.

You hear a song for the first time, you can't stand it, but little by little it grows on you, until you really like it.

My recent one is Uprising by Muse.

First heard it on the car radio, and I have to say I switched over immediately. Thought to myself, what's this Dr Who music rip off, sounds like crap. But I heard it a couple more times, listened to the lyrics, and now I really like it. I mean, it's a bit like the old Dr Who music, but cool! :D
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Re: Songs That Grow on You
      Reply #1: Nov 26, 2009 08:22:58 pm
      My recent one is Uprising by Muse.

First heard it on the car radio, and I have to say I switched over immediately. Thought to myself, what's this Dr Who music rip off, sounds like crap. But I heard it a couple more times, listened to the lyrics, and now I really like it. I mean, it's a bit like the old Dr Who music, but cool! :D

Pure beast of a song. Beast of an album too I must say.

Mine's a Foo Fighters cover version of Life of Illusion. I heard it at first and it passed me by, but the next time I heard it I was hooked. It kicks in and sounds really meaty. :D

Listen to it, you'll know what I mean. (About 1:00 in, and then the solo bit at 1:44)

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #2: Dec 02, 2009 10:54:25 am
      That 'Whatcha Say' song.

It's the womans voice in the chorus!

I have no idea why I like it.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #3: Dec 02, 2009 12:41:49 pm
      The one that sticks out most in my memory is 'Seven Nation Army' - White Stripes.

I remember my good lady playing it to me and me thinking - what in the name of...? ....tell you what tho' it was a real grower and i still love hearing it.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #4: Dec 03, 2009 12:24:31 pm
      The one that sticks out most in my memory is 'Seven Nation Army' - White Stripes.

I remember my good lady playing it to me and me thinking - what in the name of...? ....tell you what tho' it was a real grower and i still love hearing it.

Good call, F***ing hated that at first and now I can just about tolerate it.

Still, when he says "I'm going to Wichita", my wife used to think he was saying "I'm going to twitch my toes"! :D

Quick Reply