Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

World Cup Draw:Who Will England Get?

Read 7869 times
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Re: World Cup Draw:Who Will England Get?
      Reply #69: Dec 07, 2009 10:44:47 am
      Battle of the cheats with Portugal v Ivory Coast.

Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #70: Dec 08, 2009 05:42:55 am
      F**k me, we're fu**ed already and the tourni hasn't even started. Which c**t pulled them balls out of the bowl  >:(

Germany, Australia, Serbia and Ghana  :f_steam: 

Looks like us and Serbia are going through then  :f_whistle:
      Why are we already being written off?

In my opinion, I think this is a very even group apart from Germany, but why wouldn't we be able to beat Ghana or Serbia. Serbia are one place ahead of us in the Fifa rankings and Ghana are behind us.

Anyway, i'll be looking forward to it.

YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #71: Dec 19, 2009 05:31:48 am
      I dont know about that.  I'm an American and I dont know.  I  think if the US can come out early control the fiirst half, Smart play, good passing and play the 'Trap" than the US can make a match of it. We have 31 players with European experience, 6 with CL experience, 16 on UK teams.

If England  can get it in center, play it deep then I think the England front is faster, better passing and can create more shots on goal.  If Beasley, Donovan, Altidore, Dempsey and a good showing by Tim Howard we can certainly take it to the English.  I am really looking forward to it.  I think this team has  a good amount of EPL play, and understand how to play the English game.  Since the last WC our boys didn't have the talent to be a success in playing EPL level football. But thats changed.

So Well see.

Hey, GOOD LUCK TO ENGLAND and the US SQUAD. I think the (2) of us will make it out of group and from their its just a mix of skill and some luck.  It would be nice to meet in a semi. Could be an all time classic match.
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #72: Dec 23, 2009 07:10:31 pm
      If England  can get it in center, play it deep then I think the England front is faster, better passing and can create more shots on goal.  If Beasley, Donovan, Altidore, Dempsey and a good showing by Tim Howard we can certainly take it to the English.

I'm also American, and Beasley won't feature in this squad, I don't care if hes back in good grace at Rangers. I can't see him cracking it mate. I think Holden finds a way into the first 11, as well as Feilhaber.

Dolo and Spector HAVE to be the outside backs for this team, if Bradley continues to play Bornstein we are in for trouble from England, Slovenia and Algeria too.

Without Davies we need to have Altidore up top alone really, with Dempsey and Landon both playing a more advanced roll. I only really want Bradley on the pitch, without Clark.. if they both are out there then I would start Holden over Benny.

Howard always gives us a chance in the back.

USA would take 1 point from England and move on. Slovenia and Algeria are much bigger matches for us, as strange as it sounds. We need 3 points from both of those games, badly.

Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #73: Dec 24, 2009 11:56:11 am
      I think any Irish man would say the same as me: I would love FIFA to announce that England have been thrown out of the competition to be replaced by Ireland...............ma ybe i am just in dream land though ;D
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #74: Dec 24, 2009 12:35:32 pm
      I think any Irish man would say the same as me: I would love FIFA to announce that England have been thrown out of the competition to be replaced by Ireland...............ma ybe i am just in dream land though ;D

... the F**k?
      WorldCupSong
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #75: Jan 31, 2010 04:45:59 pm
      Hi

I have posted a history of the World Cup from 1930 to 2006 including all England results and 2010 games. This to a nice England Tune.

http://www.youtube.com/user/sirmattblack#p/a/u/0/vS70V_ujRtM

Thanks for your time

Quick Reply