Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Pepe Reina
      (72%)
      Javier Mascherano
      (24.8%)
      Jamie Carragher
      (2.4%)
      Somebody else
      (0.8%)

Neverton 0-2 Liverpool: Post Match Thread

Read 19874 times
      TheMightyTorres
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Re: Neverton 0-2 Liverpool: Post Match Thread
      Reply #115: Nov 29, 2009 11:53:26 pm
      Thats what I like to see. The good old reds shining through. I know its just one win but that is hopefully the final loss. Let's keep our heads held high, reach to the sky an support the mighty reds whether we are down or up. They are still the mighty reds oh and that ref was F***ing blind. Clean foul on Lucas, stupid tw*t  :lmao:

YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE
      « Last Edit: Nov 30, 2009 12:18:59 am by redkenny, Reason: Text language removed and spelling corrected »
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #116: Nov 30, 2009 12:20:46 am
      God works in mysterious ways....sorry mr fowler dont mean you

we had a bit of luck with the first goal, but we deserved the win, it seems rafa has gone back to basics and hopefully now we will be a solid defensive team for a while, so we can rack up some points, and win the league.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #117: Nov 30, 2009 12:31:40 am
      I know its just one win but that is hopefully the final loss.

Yeah, it's funny how you lose when you win.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #118: Nov 30, 2009 12:45:59 am
      Yeah, it's funny how you lose when you win.

I lost the contents of my stomach on Reina's double save ;)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #119: Nov 30, 2009 12:49:54 am
      I lost the contents of my stomach on Reina's double save ;)

;) You and about nearly other red!

I nearly passed out when Kuyt scored that second goal.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #120: Nov 30, 2009 01:07:55 am
      Looked like he had no idea how to celebrate scoring a goal. "What should I do? Oh yeah. I'll kiss the badge. I've seen them do that on the telly."

What bollocks he ran 40 metres to show how much that goal meant to him and fought and battled harder then any other player on the park barring Jamie Carragher. Kissing the badge was showing great passion towards this club his body language indicated how determined and hungry he was to win this game. He looked to want it more then our very own Scouse  legend Gerrard.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #121: Nov 30, 2009 04:24:45 am
      F***ing get in...we beat those bitter Blue bas**rds at their own sh*t hole.

3 points, clean sheet, up to 5th...Bring it on.

Agreed with Dado, loved the way Masch celebrated that goal. For someone who "supposedly wants away in the January transfer window" to celebrate like that after the first goal, shows me he's much more committed to the cause than the papers would have us believe. Well in Masch.

To Pepe, fantastic stuff for the Best Keeper in the world for me, he really kept us in the game and I had the biggest F***ing smile on my face when he pulled of that double save, especially when he denied that little Aussie c**t Timmy F***ing Cahill.  ;D

2 away wins on the trot, 2 clean sheets on the trot...is this the start of OUR season? Come on you lads, lets win every game we play in for the rest of the season and see where it takes us.  :)
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #122: Nov 30, 2009 04:52:33 am

Agreed with Dado, loved the way Masch celebrated that goal. For someone who "supposedly wants away in the January transfer window" to celebrate like that after the first goal, shows me he's much more committed to the cause than the papers would have us believe. Well in Masch.

Thought exactly the same on that celebration, AussieRed! Had tears in my eyes! :)
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #123: Nov 30, 2009 07:08:50 am
       I said in the pre match thread that the same result (2-0) as we got last season would do us nicely.While the 3 points are very welcome i am disappointed in the football we are playing,I suppose all the injuries and players not being a 100% fit could be a contributing factor.I thought Reina had an outstanding game and Mascherano when he scored ( yes he deserves to have the goal credited to him ) reminded me so much of Emlyn Hughes when he scored.He did exactly what Emlyn used to do when he scored and ran the length of the pitch celebrating.All in all it was a good result,we dealt to the Blues at Goodison and that cannot be bad.
      dizzy141
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 837 posts | 27 
      Reply #124: Nov 30, 2009 07:40:56 am
      Lucky goal from Masch, but F**k its about time the luck went our way!!!Great result and should give the lads a big lift beating the bitters.
      therapy2004
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 145 posts |
      Reply #125: Nov 30, 2009 09:05:28 am
      Will be panned for trying to be objective here, but here goes...great result, couple of good performances, particularly Reina and Masch.  Team selection was again odd and put us on the back foot for most of the game.  We had Aquilani, Riera and Benayoun, all creative players, on the bench.  Our midfield completely lacked creativity and spark, and its balance was wrong wrong wrong.  We relied on our great keeper and luck to get the result.  I'm relieved to win, but if Rafa goes on selecting his teams in this way, we will drop lots more points.  You can not at this level expect to consistently win games without any creative midfielders.  The opposition has very little to fear from our midfield this season.  We would be a very different proposition with Benayoun, Aquilani and Riera in there.  If you were an opposing team, who would you feel more threatened by?  Kuyt/Lucas/Aureliio/Gerrard/Masch or Benayoun/Riera/Aquilani/Gerrard/Masch?  I know who I'd rather face.  Still, great result, and hopefully Rafa will get a more bold, as he did at the end of last season, when we looked like the best team in the country.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #126: Nov 30, 2009 10:46:55 am
      Will be panned for trying to be objective here, but here goes...great result, couple of good performances, particularly Reina and Masch.  Team selection was again odd and put us on the back foot for most of the game.  We had Aquilani, Riera and Benayoun, all creative players, on the bench.  Our midfield completely lacked creativity and spark, and its balance was wrong wrong wrong.  We relied on our great keeper and luck to get the result.  I'm relieved to win, but if Rafa goes on selecting his teams in this way, we will drop lots more points.  You can not at this level expect to consistently win games without any creative midfielders.  The opposition has very little to fear from our midfield this season.  We would be a very different proposition with Benayoun, Aquilani and Riera in there.  If you were an opposing team, who would you feel more threatened by?  Kuyt/Lucas/Aureliio/Gerrard/Masch or Benayoun/Riera/Aquilani/Gerrard/Masch?  I know who I'd rather face.  Still, great result, and hopefully Rafa will get a more bold, as he did at the end of last season, when we looked like the best team in the country.
      I agree with you mate, But i think Rafa was just being a bit too cautious for this game, Sort of understandable when you analyse the way we have performed lately, This was a must not lose game and maybe in the back of his mind he was worried about the outcome had we lost,Having said that though IMO he needs to gamble a bit more, We certainly looked more of a threat when Benny & Albert came on and who knows what the score line would have been had they started, But all in all we got the win and with Blackburn up next we will add to our run, To me Gerrard was'nt fit and i hope it's just fatigue, With Nando close and Aquillani closer i can see us going on a long unbeaten run, Whether this is the start remains to be seen, I certainly think we have turned the corner and despite our lacklustre performances are starting to gather momentum.    Onwards and upwards  Redmen.....There's a tenner riding on this...That we finish above the SCUM..

YNWA     IRWT
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #127: Nov 30, 2009 10:50:40 am
      Result excellent and just what we needed. We had a bit of luck as well which was a nice change.

The performance however was terrible and probably one of our worst this year in the league. We were 2nd best in all areas of the pitch and we still dont have a goal threat. Teams are not worried about us at the moment. We have no pace on the counter attack and are easy to defend against.

Dont get me wrong I would take that result every week but being realistic we will not get away with it against better teams playing like that. Kuyt was better up front than Ngog because he gives a better physical presence and can hold the ball up better and at least when that happened we looked a little more capable.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #128: Nov 30, 2009 11:18:23 am
      What bollocks he ran 40 metres to show how much that goal meant to him and fought and battled harder then any other player on the park barring Jamie Carragher. Kissing the badge was showing great passion towards this club his body language indicated how determined and hungry he was to win this game. He looked to want it more then our very own Scouse  legend Gerrard.

Read the message slowly, then think, how many goals does Mascherano score, he's supposedly off to Barca and reds fans are usually suspicious of any player that kisses the badge, I was cutting him some slack with a joke! 

I only seen the badge-kissing later on anyway was too busy going nuts at the time myself.
      JerilKuruvila
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #129: Nov 30, 2009 11:34:39 am
      Performance wasn't the best but we got the 3 points and kept a clean-sheet. That's all that matters.

That's the only thing. But luck is with those who are willing to fight.
      I didnt see any of our players except kuyt fighting for victory.
      Anyway Johnson, Reina ,benny ,Carra and Kuyt played well. Lucas was able to hold the ball, but not distribute.
      Masch was missing tempo. Ngog was dangerous , gave away ball to neverton many times. Gerrard was poor.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #130: Nov 30, 2009 11:40:28 am
      Apparently Jay Spearing, Stephan Darby and Daniel Pacheco were all spotted in our end yesterday cheering on the lads.
      fazza21
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 814 posts | 29 
      Reply #131: Nov 30, 2009 11:44:19 am
      makes the win yesterday so sweet with the fact we played so poorly yet won 2-0

there have been so many times where the bluesh*te have sneaked a draw or even a win when we have been on top for the whole 90mins.

GOIN DOWN GOIN DOWN GOIN DOWN

LFCMau
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,747 posts | 11 
      • 100% LFC, without doubt!
      Reply #132: Nov 30, 2009 11:48:36 am
      At last ;D ! Well done (its the result which counts in the end)  :scarf:
      Volle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
      • Champions 2019/20
      Reply #133: Nov 30, 2009 11:50:52 am
      It really seems that our luck has turned now. Not playing too well but still we win 2-0 and I'm sure that the pitch performance will get better now as well. It looks good I think  :scarf:
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,234 posts | 2811 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #134: Nov 30, 2009 11:52:20 am
      Great result. Performance wasn't great but at the end of the day its a game where the result overshadows everything else..We owe Pepe big time. N'Gog for me again played well and looks to have a great future ahead of him. Stevie looked like he was far from 100% and at times almost as if his heart wasn't fully in it. A hangover from the other night but surely the derby is the one game for him to always be mad up for?
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #135: Nov 30, 2009 03:38:51 pm
      Hopefully we'll take this on from here now, things like this can turn things around and i believe that with the addition of the injured players that we will. I know it wasnt a great performance but there was a determination there that made me think that the boys are on the way back. We may be 13 pts off the top but there is still a long way to go and if we can geyt a run going , you never know, with a few points dropped by Chelsea , it could look very different. And Chelsea are beatable and they have their tough times to come. So again i say well done lads, now lets get back in the hunt.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #136: Nov 30, 2009 07:42:44 pm
      I cannot see how Sky can let Alan Smith continue to commentate on Liverpool games when its so obvious how he hates us

Are you having a laugh or what ? That's exactly WHY they employ him. Same as all the other wankers on sky.
      It kinda makes it extra special when their teams, then get turned over by us.  ;D ;D ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #137: Nov 30, 2009 07:49:24 pm
      I cannot see how Sky can let Alan Smith continue to commentate on Liverpool games when its so obvious how he hates us

Interview process:

Roger Melly: "Do you hate Liverpool?"
      No-mark ex-player: "Yes"
      Roger Melly: "Can you start Monday?"

Quick Reply