Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Pepe Reina
      (72%)
      Javier Mascherano
      (24.8%)
      Jamie Carragher
      (2.4%)
      Somebody else
      (0.8%)

Neverton 0-2 Liverpool: Post Match Thread

Read 19855 times
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Re: Neverton 0-2 Liverpool: Post Match Thread
      Reply #69: Nov 29, 2009 05:07:45 pm
      Lucas knockers go away.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #70: Nov 29, 2009 05:10:39 pm
      Poorest derby for a long time , but I'll take it  , it was crying out for Aquilani  if he's not fit why's he on the bench .

Thought the last derby was pretty sh*t to be honest. 
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #71: Nov 29, 2009 05:12:33 pm

Oh come on he's an ok player (didn't have a particularly great game today - did enough) but even the Lucas fans have to admithe's not creative enough.  Hoping to see that from Acquilani when he's finally given a chance!
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #72: Nov 29, 2009 05:13:19 pm
      Not so brilliant to watch, but I'll take that result any day of the week.

Really pleased with the win today.

Bloody funny when my mate jumped out of his seat twice thinking Everton had equalised just be disappointed.

I'll admit I was very nervous watching throughout though, simply because we weren't in control of the possession. I get the picture that may have been our gameplan though. Everton play frigid, so we had to. We knew they were going to win pretty much every header so it was all about the second ball today - I thought we did pretty well on the whole dealing with the danger although admittedly there were some shakey moments.

The more I watched actually the more I realised what Everton have turned into. They have turned into a Bolton. That's not even an exxageration.

Well done Masch and Dirk on the goals.
      KopiteKid
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts |
      • Scouse Solidarność
      Reply #73: Nov 29, 2009 05:14:28 pm
      Put your hands up for Dirk Kuyt
      ... he loves this city!

:laugh:
      Danny2304
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 663 posts |
      • Stairway to heaven
      Reply #74: Nov 29, 2009 05:17:32 pm
      Any highlights?
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #75: Nov 29, 2009 05:18:06 pm
      Not so brilliant to watch, but I'll take that result any day of the week.

Really pleased with the win today.

Bloody funny when my mate jumped out of his seat twice thinking Everton had equalised just be disappointed.

I'll admit I was very nervous watching throughout though, simply because we weren't in control of the possession. I get the picture that may have been our gameplan though. Everton play frigid, so we had to. We knew they were going to win pretty much every header so it was all about the second ball today - I thought we did pretty well on the whole dealing with the danger although admittedly there were some shakey moments.

The more I watched actually the more I realised what Everton have turned into. They have turned into a Bolton. That's not even an exxageration.

Well done Masch and Dirk on the goals.

I hadn't thought of it that way but yes you're right! Moyes buys lots of Championship type players big/strong (confess we could do with couple too in some games)

Still  ;D happy with result

I  
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #76: Nov 29, 2009 05:31:03 pm
      The win was what was needed, so we didn't play well,. I don't care about that today,we got the win. well in lads.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #77: Nov 29, 2009 05:31:24 pm
      So...

Manchester United gets a 'That's how champions play' when they win playing badly.

What do we get?

A 'Lucky to get the points, crisis not over' ::)

Wasn't able to watch this one. Not on TV and i have sh*te internet at home. But F***ing yeah!!!!!! We won!! TWO WINS IN A ROW!! :clap:

I will look up highlights later, but i couldn't care less if we played sub par if we got the points. We have played good and lost against Lyon so we deserve a break. I am just so bloody happy to see a good result go our way and against the blue sh*te!! ;D F***ing get in!!!
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,291 posts | 763 
      Reply #78: Nov 29, 2009 05:35:54 pm
      Didn't sound a great performance, listening to the game today, believe Pepe Reina made a great double save. The main thing is three points for Liverpool and a clean sheet for once.
      HampshireRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 702 posts |
      • If I'm not back in 15 minutes.....wait longer
      Reply #79: Nov 29, 2009 05:42:13 pm
      Pleased with the result. Nothing to do with the media's obsession with bragging rights, ALL to do with confidence and momentum.
      Vey disappointed yet again we don't see Aquilaini. Mid-Week it was the pitch, today the physical nature of the game...Call me old fashioned but those are two constants in any game in England...plus the ball.
      Arnie
      • Forum John Toshack

• 249 posts |
      Reply #80: Nov 29, 2009 06:07:35 pm
      Although I was as pleased as any Liverpool fan to get the 3 points today watching the game really aggravated me. We were never in control of the game from a possession standpoint and that is partially down to Lucas. The lad has improved leaps and bounds this season but he is still a remarkably average, un-creative midfielder with a tendency to give away clumsy free kicks. He also shares too much in common with Masch.

Secondly Aurelio didn't provide enough width on the left with both our fullbacks strangely timid. This was illustrated by the arrival of Riera who gave us that natural width a winger gives. For me Aurelio is too much of a left back, not a winger.

Furthermore, and don't get me wrong I really like N'Gog however today he had a shocker. Too much giving the ball away with what is either greedy play or just a lack of vision and confidence to pick out the right pass.

Finally, and begrudgingly it has to be said, Gerrard had a bad day on the pitch today. For what reason I do not know.

Anyway, 3 points, great result, lets look to Blackburn to extend our winning streak and give Aquilani some valuable time actually on the pitch.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #81: Nov 29, 2009 06:18:53 pm
      Mascha didn't celebrate like someone wanting to leave I doubt the speculation will go away mind.
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #82: Nov 29, 2009 06:39:01 pm
      Although I was a bit taken back with our performance but as long as we got the much needed 3 points, I'll take it.
      Great performance by the lads especially Reina, Masch, Glenny, Yossi, Riera and our back 4!
      pragmatic
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #83: Nov 29, 2009 06:42:59 pm
      finally we learned to play sh*te and win....
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,009 posts | 3352 
      Reply #84: Nov 29, 2009 06:47:30 pm
      We deserved to win for one reason and one reason we only - we took our chance(s).

We didn't play well, like most of the season, but we've come away with three points. It's back to back wins, back to back clean sheets. We now have to build on this and make it in to six, seven, eight wins on the spin.

We rode our luck but thankfully that Russina left winger didn't take his chances, and Jo was ruled offside.

A few more promising signs though, because it is a case of us not playing exceptional but winning like we did so often at the start of last season. Other results went for us yesterday in terms of us finishing fourth with Spurs, Villa and City all dropping points so it was immpetitive we came away with all three today. And by F***ing god did we.

No sweeter feeling in the world than beating those blue bas**rds. The red half of the city already is bouncing and will continue all night. People singing in the street, the alehouses, the park, everywhere. Been some time since I felt this F***ing good and it's made better because they were the better side on the day, that's hurting them more. The going down chants was quality.

F**k the performance from us, I'm not arsed about it when it comes to beating them. I just wanna see us beat them. And we did. F***ing great feeling.

Well done boys. Gave me another day where I can smile from ear to ear.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #85: Nov 29, 2009 06:56:47 pm
      We deserved to win for one reason and one reason we only - we took our chance(s).

We didn't play well, like most of the season, but we've come away with three points. It's back to back wins, back to back clean sheets. We now have to build on this and make it in to six, seven, eight wins on the spin.

We rode our luck but thankfully that Russina left winger didn't take his chances, and Jo was ruled offside.

A few more promising signs though, because it is a case of us not playing exceptional but winning like we did so often at the start of last season. Other results went for us yesterday in terms of us finishing fourth with Spurs, Villa and City all dropping points so it was immpetitive we came away with all three today. And by f**king god did we.

No sweeter feeling in the world than beating those blue bas**rds. The red half of the city already is bouncing and will continue all night. People singing in the street, the alehouses, the park, everywhere. Been some time since I felt this f**king good and it's made better because they were the better side on the day, that's hurting them more. The going down chants was quality.

F**k the performance from us, I'm not arsed about it when it comes to beating them. I just wanna see us beat them. And we did. F***ing great feeling.

Well done boys. Gave me another day where I can smile from ear to ear.

F***ing right in DLS, that's exactly right. How many times have we watched Liverpool lose/draw a match we should have won? At the end of the day, the scoreline has Liverpool winning 2-0, that's what matters. The players will know the performance as a whole needs to improve, they aren't stupid. But we have a win, something we have not had in the league for over a month. Maybe our luck has turned? Aint gonna hold my breath, but heres hoping.

For now, lets just soak this one up. Haven't been alot of wins to enjoy, but in this sh*te of a season we still have wins over manure and the blue sh*te - I'll raise a glass to that!
      Teamofthemacs
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 150 posts |
      • By that you mean..?
      Reply #86: Nov 29, 2009 07:10:53 pm
      Thank God lady luck smiled on us for once today. They say what goes around comes around and getting a deflection of a balloon in a derby match goes some way to confirming the truth fo the statement.  :laugh:
      bri1970
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      Reply #87: Nov 29, 2009 08:07:05 pm
      Derby games are all about the result as many of these games are scrappy affairs,we might of rode our luck at times but it is the 3 points i am more concerned about.Thought we looked solid and organised and gave a disciplined performance.I just love turning them over.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,009 posts | 3352 
      Reply #88: Nov 29, 2009 08:12:50 pm
      We're gonna win the league...
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #89: Nov 29, 2009 08:15:32 pm

Absolutely true!!!
      Chelsea will lose 5 games in a row pretty soon, Man United will be going down and we will be the champions.
      bedsred
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 144 posts |
      • That's nice, that's McDermott and that's a goal
      Reply #90: Nov 29, 2009 08:21:08 pm
      Just like to praise Rafa.

Under the cosh a bit second half and made two positive subs instead of easily being negative.

He saw the sh*te were flagging and on went Yossi and Albert and hey presto another goal and three

lovely points.

Even Kirkby doesn't want them. ;D

Paul LFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 260 posts | -1 
      Reply #91: Nov 29, 2009 08:22:35 pm
      Oooh oh oooh oooh ooh oh
      Oooh oh oooh oooh ooh oh
      Oooh oh oooh oooh ooh oh
      Javier Mascherano
      Javier Mascherano