Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 9th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D1 L0

Blackburn v Liverpool: Post match gabbing

Read 26557 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Re: Blackburn v Liverpool: Post match gabbing
      Reply #161: Dec 05, 2009 11:58:06 pm
      Or us grinding out a very dull 0-0 draw?

Why do people think everyone has it in for Liverpool?
      Everyone isn't against Liverpool but the media definitely are which has been proved time and time again. The media has even been forced to apologise for overstepping the mark in their anti Liverpool campaign.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #162: Dec 06, 2009 12:06:26 am
      Sounds painful Gow mate, hope you're alright. Just one question. Sorry for my ignorance but what is a rock hard casey?
      We all know here mate about rock hard caseys they are the old fashioned balls which were leather exteriors with an expandable inner section and they were heavy as a brick,that's where the saying "head the ball" comes from cos if you headed them too much you got brain damage.
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Reply #163: Dec 06, 2009 12:08:07 am
      We've closed the gap to 12pts! We're getting closer to the top!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #164: Dec 06, 2009 12:12:18 am
      We've closed the gap to 12pts! We're getting closer to the top!

That's the spirit lad! ;D
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,199 posts | 3390 
      Reply #165: Dec 06, 2009 12:16:39 am
      Two more points dropped. Not a lot else to say, I'm too disappointed to actually be angry. (if that makes sense)
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #166: Dec 06, 2009 12:16:39 am
      Tried hard to enjoy that game, but had been hit in the head by a ball outside the pub by the ground and my glasses bent and I couldn't see right all game because of it. Done my f***in head in. I am now wearing my other glasses and can see right again. F**kin dickheads bringing a rock hard casey to the game to hurt people!

Sounds nasty that Gow.  Hope you're ok.

Couldn't get a stream working for the first half.  Didn't sound like I missed much.  Thought we had a fair bit of possession in the second half but too few clear chances.  Shame N'gog's effort hit the crossbar.  Johnson had a good game, and it was good to see Stevie getting back to something like his best, bursting through the defence.  Still a way to go but he looked much better than last week.  Thought Masch, Agger and Carra had decent games as well.  And thank god for Pepe, saved us at the end again.

Feels much worse because of other results today.  We need a spark.  Hopefully that will be Aquilani if he starts against Fiorentina and is fit for the Arsenal game next weekend.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #167: Dec 06, 2009 12:20:39 am
      I'm disppointed a club like ourselves didn't win, but IR'S BETTER than losing i guesss.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,900 posts | 6827 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #168: Dec 06, 2009 12:28:22 am
      We all know here mate about rock hard caseys they are the old fashioned balls which were leather exteriors with an expandable inner section and they were heavy as a brick,that's where the saying "head the ball" comes from cos if you headed them too much you got brain damage.

Stuey, thanks for the heads up   ;)
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #169: Dec 06, 2009 12:36:08 am
      Two more points dropped. Not a lot else to say, I'm too disappointed to actually be angry. (if that makes sense)

Perfect sense mate, I'm the same. Was over getting angry awhile ago, now it's just disappointing as I'm not getting that surprised anymore when it happens.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #170: Dec 06, 2009 12:48:23 am
      To play for Liverpool you have to run through the brick wall and come out FIGHTING the other side.

To be fair, there wasn't much show of fight from the players - yes there was but it's still not enough especially for a club of our stature.

Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #171: Dec 06, 2009 12:52:29 am
      Be positive!

At least we aren't what we were in 2003/2004 when we went 11 games winless!

But seriously, we had enough chances to win the game even though Blackburn may have been the better team overall. To be honest, I never thought I'd see our 2009/2010 season like this after that last season.
      Shakesy
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 81 posts |
      Reply #172: Dec 06, 2009 01:11:33 am
      My first post here, hello lads.

Getting frustrated more and more. No Aquilani, El Zhar replacing Benayoun, no real attacking force in the first half. Just as well blackburn couldn't score past Reina when he's out of the box and can't use his hands. I also think we need other options than Ngog he just doesn't cut it. Missed two sitters and I swear I've never seen him dribble a ball past anyone, he gets dispossessed far too often.

Much better second half but that's how we should have started! It's true we did have chances and deserved a win, but what good are chances if you don't put them away?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #173: Dec 06, 2009 01:25:21 am
      Its disapointing, very disapointing, chelsea, United and Arsenal will continue to drop points, but not at the rate we will, the battle for 4th is really on now, its extremely worrying.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #174: Dec 06, 2009 03:26:49 am
      If my memory serves me right we used to call the expandable inner section a bladder.The problem with the old leather casey was when the ground was wet it absorbed the moisture and was murder to play in the rain.We will make a full blooded scouser out of you yet Aussie Red.Back on topic,I was disappointed with the way we played,not a single shot on goal the whole first half.We should of took Blackburn to the cleaners.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #175: Dec 06, 2009 05:01:59 am
      same old dispkay lacked motivation first half. when are the reds going to play the full 90 minutes. then we have a chance of winning
      arshadmanzoor
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 58 posts |
      Reply #176: Dec 06, 2009 05:56:58 am
      Really?

We've been doing that week in week out since end of season 1990. :mad:
      well mate it was a sarcastic attempt to imitate rafa's usual post-match excuses,  it was borne out of frustation
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #177: Dec 06, 2009 07:34:28 am
      Didn't see the game but how come we can't produce a decent 90 minutes. Surely after an undeserved win last week the team would be well up to get 3 points a with a good performance. Considering where we are in the table Chavski losing to Citeh yesterday was a bad result. Says it all really.
      Milestone
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 132 posts |
      • Liverpool FC - The only club to watch in England
      Did you know ?
      Reply #178: Dec 06, 2009 08:12:52 am
      We need a Torres-like striker ASAP. I think David Villa will do the trick.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #179: Dec 06, 2009 08:17:39 am

Brilliant!

Got any money?
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #180: Dec 06, 2009 09:40:30 am

Thanks for the insight.

Doesn't mean we can afford him.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #181: Dec 06, 2009 10:45:00 am
      If my memory serves me right we used to call the expandable inner section a bladder.The problem with the old leather casey was when the ground was wet it absorbed the moisture and was murder to play in the rain.We will make a full blooded scouser out of you yet Aussie Red.
      You're dead rite Billy the inside of the casey was a bladder actually a pigs bladder and thats were the saying "bladdered" comes from cos when the caseball was punctured or done in people used to say it was bladdered.
      On topic if Pepe hadn't been on top of his game Blackburn would have edged it but as ever lady luck didn't travel yesterday and the chances went begging.
      « Last Edit: Dec 07, 2009 12:00:45 pm by stuey »
      artc
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #182: Dec 06, 2009 10:56:07 am
      Post match interview and Rafa reckoned we played well, which planet is he on? we are a toothless team without Torres and especially that Gerrard is not on top form at the moment and all we seem to do is to go across the field and then backwards. big hoof up field lose possession, pressure back on us, but of course those of you with the rose tinted glasses refuse to see this.
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #183: Dec 06, 2009 12:24:29 pm
      Had more than enough chances to win it.

We did have more than enough chances but I am disappointed with our lack of pace and tempo plus desire.  Riera had a poor game and Beny didn't look so hot.  We let Blackburn stop us from playing - our fault!!!

Quick Reply