Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Mental Turks (Galatasaray v Fenerbache)

Read 9269 times
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Re: Mental Turks (Galatasaray v Fenerbache)
      Reply #23: May 16, 2010 11:56:10 pm
      Wow, that's really retarded.

I can't believe there are such people in the world!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #24: May 17, 2010 12:04:39 am
      Why anyone would want to play their football in Turkey is beyond me.
      mihajlons
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      Reply #25: May 17, 2010 01:07:25 am
      because it's one of only 6-7 leagues in europe where you don't feel like you're sitting in the theatre on the stadium? passion, adrenaline, aggresion, fighting, fear, madness? doesn't ring a bell? it was happening in england, not a long time ago. unless you're ready to call all english firms before 1989 "mental", don't call these guys "mental", beacuse it's the same thing. a lot of things changed down there since hillsborough, i know, but don' forget that two major models of european football hooliganism come from england and italy. and that almost all the best fans in europe today are the ones that are extremely "mental". there are only a few exceptions, most of them in england. but some of the english stadiums really look more like theatres today, although premier league is by far the best league in the world. if you like it, okay, but just think twice before calling someone mental
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #26: May 17, 2010 01:11:23 am
      because it's one of only 6-7 leagues in europe where you don't feel like you're sitting in the theatre on the stadium? passion, adrenaline, aggresion, fighting, fear, madness? doesn't ring a bell? it was happening in england, not a long time ago. unless you're ready to call all english firms before 1989 "mental", don't call these guys "mental", beacuse it's the same thing. a lot of things changed down there since hillsborough, I know, but don' forget that two major models of european football hooliganism come from england and italy. and that almost all the best fans in europe today are the ones that are extremely "mental". there are only a few exceptions, most of them in england. but some of the english stadiums really look more like theatres today, although premier league is by far the best league in the world. if you like it, okay, but just think twice before calling someone mental

Setting fire to the stadium, your right i wouldn't call them mental i'd call them a bunch of F***ing headcases instead. Come off it fella, there is line and the Turkish league crosses it virtually every few weeks.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,452 posts | 8660 
      Reply #27: May 17, 2010 01:13:17 am
      because it's one of only 6-7 leagues in europe where you don't feel like you're sitting in the theatre on the stadium? passion, adrenaline, aggresion, fighting, fear, madness? doesn't ring a bell? it was happening in england, not a long time ago. unless you're ready to call all english firms before 1989 "mental", don't call these guys "mental", beacuse it's the same thing. a lot of things changed down there since hillsborough, i know, but don' forget that two major models of european football hooliganism come from england and italy. and that almost all the best fans in europe today are the ones that are extremely "mental". there are only a few exceptions, most of them in england. but some of the english stadiums really look more like theatres today, although premier league is by far the best league in the world. if you like it, okay, but just think twice before calling someone mental

Never on the madness scale you see in turkey though, fans here wouldn't deliberately try and burn a F***ing stadium down.

They're utter loons, bit like the way they drive too.
      RyanBabs
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #28: May 17, 2010 09:26:33 pm
      I remember when i went to turkey last year with the x
      They had Galatarasy on, i think its Kewell's club either way.

The guy said to me who do you support, i said Liverpool and he said who are they
      I said they are the most successful club in the world then said torres gerrard

He goes oh yeah I know and I said what a boring game this is and he told me to leave his pub
      mr.green
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 89 posts |
      Reply #29: May 22, 2010 05:19:36 pm
      Unfortunately, I was in the stadium that night we lost the championship on 16th may. I can't find the words to say. It was such a horrible night that I was shocked and I couldn't speak until I arrived home. I will never forget the last 20 minutes of match. You should experience that atmosphere.

However the wrong announcement misled us. The announcer said repeatedly. Everybody in the stadium including me believed that because we were conditioned that.

This photo was taken by me only a few seconds after the match finished. The announcement had just made.

However, we noticed the reality three minutes later. That made the fans so angry that they tried to burn the stadium. That was the joke of the year. I cannot still believe that happens.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,452 posts | 8660 
      Reply #30: May 22, 2010 05:31:45 pm
      It's a shame what happened in those last few minutes. Because this is a brilliant pic.

Elrozzo1
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 480 posts |
      • ElroyRosenberg hit me up on Twitter
      Reply #31: Jun 04, 2010 12:30:47 pm

However, we noticed the reality three minutes later. That made the fans so angry that they tried to burn the stadium. That was the joke of the year. I cannot still believe that happens.

That picture is horrific. I'm gonna be sick. Is that what the game has come to? Resorted to violence??? Well I'm personally disgusted.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,452 posts | 8660 
      Reply #32: Sep 15, 2010 02:08:17 am
      Turkish coach is stabbed by his own brother during a match

This is outrageous, horrifying and unbelievable all at the same time.

Monday night in the Turkish second division saw Samsunspor take on Mersin Idman Yurdu. Sadly the match became a suspended sideshow when Mersin coach Yuksel Yesilov was repeatedly stabbed in the 40th minute. The sick twist though was that the assailant was said to coach Yesilov’s elder brother, Murat. But even sicker were the reasons said to be behind the attack; that Yuksel had sexually abused Murat’s daughter-in-law.

In a storyline that could have come straight out of Melrose Place, a furious Murat was said to have secretly come to the game as a paying spectator. Five minutes before the interval Murat saw his opportunity to strike and, after jumping over the fencing, he went about cutting up his brother.

Yesilov was immediately rushed to the hospital where it was announced that he had six wounds, one to the stomach and five to the hip. The injuries, however, were not life threatening, and Yesilov was released from hospital early Tuesday.

Yesilov has since made a statement reacting to his brother’s actions. “This person is interfering with me, my mother, my father and my other siblings. He has psychological issues. I have filed complaints against him several times and he was hit with a three-month ban for that. Three years ago, I wrote a letter to the Interior Ministry asking for help because it was obvious that this person wanted to harm me or a member of my family. There are many allegations in the papers and on television and all of them are wrong. I will continue to seek my rights.”
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #33: Sep 15, 2010 10:51:28 am
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #34: Sep 15, 2010 03:16:02 pm
      F***ing hell. I wouldn't stab my brother, no matter what he'd done.

Nor would I try to set fire to our own Stadium. Mental, that's what they are.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #35: Sep 15, 2010 03:21:51 pm
      They are pure lunatics.Holy sh*t setting fire to your own stadium how messed up is that.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #36: Sep 16, 2010 03:28:46 pm
      The fans should burn the stadium announcer instead of the stadium itself.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #37: Sep 17, 2010 07:46:46 pm
      Dickheads.

Meanwhile, Trabzonspor getting done 3-1 at home :D Have that you sh*t-heaps!

Quick Reply