Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Blackadder

Read 3450 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Blackadder
      Dec 07, 2009 08:13:26 am
      As i was searching if this topic existed, i found a few keen Blackadder fans.

I love the show and downloaded all the seasons just recently. Season 4 has to be some of the best Rowan Atkinson comedy i have ever seen.
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Blackadder
      Reply #1: Dec 07, 2009 08:16:34 am
      Yeh Black Adder was really good, If you really like good old British comedy Crouchino try looking up, Fawlty Towers, The Young Ones & Bottom. I'm sure all 3 will have your sides splitting.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #2: Dec 07, 2009 08:27:17 am
      Yeh Black Adder was really good, If you really like good old British comedy Crouchino try looking up, Fawlty Towers, The Young Ones & Bottom. I'm sure all 3 will have your sides splitting.

Already got Fawlty Towers. Great show, but nothing on Blackadder. Since i studied History, this show has been one of my favourites.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #3: Dec 07, 2009 09:54:00 am
      I love those shows I reckon Only Fools & Horses is brilliant too.

I've never watched Black Adder I might have to have a look.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #4: Dec 07, 2009 10:16:16 am
      Some great writing off Ben Elton,I loved all the Blackadder's from start to finish and still watch the re-runs of which I never tire,Baldrick,Nursey all the cast each person made the character one to remember.

ps,thanks for the thread Darling!
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #5: Dec 07, 2009 11:28:56 am
      Blackadder is fantastic, Rowan Atkinson's funniest role IMO, far better than Mr Bean amongst others.

I especially love the second and third series, where Blackadder's sarcasm is at it's best. Can't beat the fact that you've got Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry in it as well.

Fourth season, whilst funny, I found a little harder to laugh at, what with it being set in the trenches and all. Still excellent, and I have to admit finding the final scene when they storm over the top very touching.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #6: Dec 07, 2009 12:44:57 pm
      Blackadder is fantastic, Rowan Atkinson's funniest role IMO, far better than Mr Bean amongst others.

I especially love the second and third series, where Blackadder's sarcasm is at it's best. Can't beat the fact that you've got Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry in it as well.

Fourth season, whilst funny, I found a little harder to laugh at, what with it being set in the trenches and all. Still excellent, and I have to admit finding the final scene when they storm over the top very touching.

I can definitely agree with that. Watching the season before i studied history, and then after, i found it much more enjoyable when i actually understood half of it.

Funnily enough, i've only watched/refreshed my mind of season 1 and 4. Season 2 soon!
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #7: Dec 07, 2009 12:53:53 pm
      Blackadder is a classic show.  Loved all of them, but I think my favourite series was the third.  Although the second and fourth come close.

Blackadder facts and stuff here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/blackadder/
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #8: Dec 07, 2009 01:29:30 pm
      Loved the fourth series in all honesty.

Has a real good go at taking the piss out of Military tactics that were used during the Great War.

And Stephen Fry is quality as the clueless Melchard.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #9: Dec 07, 2009 01:41:34 pm
      Loved the fourth series in all honesty.

Has a real good go at taking the piss out of Military tactics that were used during the Great War.

And Stephen Fry is quality as the clueless Melchard.

He's fantastic in the fourth season. Alongside Captain Darling (brilliantly named and used in the season) he is superb.

Atkinson takes the down right piss out of England every episode. 'Amazing sir...we have battle plans?!' :lmao:
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #10: Dec 08, 2009 09:44:49 am
      Blackadder goes Forth was my favourite series.

Captain Darling......classic character and constant piss taking of his name every time he was on the screen.

Atkinson with his dead pan face is probably the only one suited for his character.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #11: Dec 11, 2009 06:48:33 am
      Have to say i also found Blackadder goes forth my favorite. The way he takes the piss out of the war was fantastic! Best of Atkinson was by far the Blackadder series.

el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #12: Dec 11, 2009 07:48:06 am
      Don't forget there was an underlying message in the last series about the futility of the 1st world war even up to the last scene when they where going over the top,the whole cast and producers showed how pointless it was to waste lives.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #13: Dec 11, 2009 10:09:55 am
      Don't forget there was an underlying message in the last series about the futility of the 1st world war even up to the last scene when they where going over the top,the whole cast and producers showed how pointless it was to waste lives.

I don't think it was underlying message, mate. Everyone can see he takes the piss out of the war in everything he does. His reluctance to obey battle plans shows he has no faith in them because they were idiots.

The way he does it though - hilarious!

Just watched season 2 and that was fantastic, also. Blackadder Goes Forth, though is unbeatable!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,003 posts | 3351 
      Reply #14: Jan 01, 2010 01:53:16 am
      Blackadder is true quality, the Christmas Carol is boss an all with Robbie Coltraine as the ghost of Christmas.

The third series is probably the funniest with George (Hugh Laurie) just playing the very dim witted Prince Regent. Though Blackadder Goes Fourth is me personal favourite, especially the scene where they play eye spy.

Best character though has to be Flasheart (Rik Mayall) who is boss in both the second and fourth series.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #15: Mar 09, 2011 12:21:03 am
      Just re-watched this over the last few days and just finished season 4.  Has any TV comedy show ever ended as poignantly and with such a great and important message?  Let's hope that one day man is smart enough to realize the futility of war.

Season 1 is weak, season 2 & 3 are stunning, whilst 4 is hard to watch, knowing where it's all going, but still as good as 2 & 3. 

On a side note, don't we all wish we could end up with a fine man like Bob?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #16: Mar 09, 2011 03:41:22 am
      Yeah the end of Blackadder Goes Forth was just sublime tv. It's the closing shot with the field of poppies and birdsong at the end which really gets me. Unbelievable.

Tough choice between season 3 and 4. Comedy writing at it's best. Definitely up there with Fools and Horses and Fawlty Towers.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #17: Mar 09, 2011 08:29:25 am
      One of the best comedy series on TV, I loved them all.

Best one was when they made 'solid green'  :lmao:

Quick Reply