Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

It's official, we were robbed... (EVIDENCE)

Read 2500 times
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      It's official, we were robbed... (EVIDENCE)
      May 25, 2007 06:21:50 pm

That is proof. The game could of been completely different if a freekick was awarded in our favour!

I just can't believe that Inzaghi got away with this...
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Re: It's official, we were robbed... (EVIDENCE)
      Reply #1: May 25, 2007 06:28:50 pm
      I hate them  >:( Don't want to dwell on it too much though! I take the mick outta the bluesh*te and the mancs for going on about things like that, so don't wana be in their box  :laugh:
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2: May 25, 2007 07:37:34 pm
      Did they score from that??
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #3: May 25, 2007 07:38:52 pm

That was their first goal Nic.

Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #4: May 25, 2007 07:57:16 pm
      From the FK?! AARGH I'M SO ANGRY NOW!
      Cy
      Reply #5: May 25, 2007 08:15:34 pm
      As much as I would like to, this is not proof of us been robbed.

Come on, there are no way a free kick would have been awarded for that, most of the handballs given are hands away from the body and with the hand going toward the ball which is not the case in this.

When the ball is striked inzaghi is clearly rotating in the oppositite direction of the ball, it's a scrappy deflection goal but surely not a handball, when pirlo hit the ball how can it be humanly possible to intentionnally deflected the ball with his hands when you think of the speed of the ball?

I'm not a fan of inzaghi whatsoever, he is diving and always play the victim, but I can't see him been guilty of handball there....

I'm as gutted as everyone that we lost, but they scored 2 goals and we score only 1 and that is why we lost. We were controlling the game big time but didnt score. The timing of their 1st goal was also crucial and we gave the free kick away there.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #6: May 25, 2007 09:31:24 pm
      Class act by Cy. I think Inzaghi isn't using his hand at all and he can't witch his hands away all of sudden. It was just very bad luck that the ball got deflected - bad luck Milan had 2 years ago when everything fell into place for Pool. So we shouldn't feel as if someone has robbed anything away from us - even in the big picture.

Pool has to work on playin style and technique and needs to get a good striker (Kuyt is too weak, but very nice guy). It's obvious when you look at Chelsea and ManU that they play!! a little bit better and Liverpool needs to put the fighting spirit against it. That is not enough sometimes...Rafa needs to go shopping bigtime so that next years we can win PL and beat Milan easily with 2-0 without another heartbreakgame.

p.s. Do you think it would be senseful just to throw money on Kaka (or any other real superstar player) and try to lure him to Liverpool?
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #7: May 25, 2007 10:59:42 pm
      Imagine the uproar if it was utd or Chelsea this was against.
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #8: May 26, 2007 02:47:28 am
      fact is though , if his hand never touched the ball it would not have been a goal , whether he could get out of the way or not , it was only not a freekick because the ref did not see it
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #9: May 26, 2007 07:32:36 am
      I'm not dwelling on this anymore, this is all history now, we got a great future, a new stadium to look forward to and quality players being brought in to challenge for the PL and the CL next season, SMILE GUYS, it couldnt be more promising !!  ;) ;D ;D
      davie t
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 501 posts |
      Reply #10: May 26, 2007 07:58:49 am
      I'm not dwelling on this anymore, this is all history now, we got a great future, a new stadium to look forward to and quality players being brought in to challenge for the PL and the CL next season, SMILE GUYS, it couldnt be more promising !!  ;) ;D ;D
      Well said smigger
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #11: May 26, 2007 08:29:47 am

Spot on Smiggs, we could pick the whole day apart and blame everyone from the ref to someone who never wore the right coloured socks but its finished and although it hurts its history now. As an earlier poster said its usually only the Mancs and the bitters who get consumed with the "we waz robbed" attitude so lets enjoy the weekend and as Smigger says look forward to an exciting summer of comings and goings and a new season of promise.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #12: May 27, 2007 07:56:05 pm
      i agree with smigger,,,we cant change history ,,this is history now and we must look forward for next seoson  .................we had a great CL run and were very unlucky in the final.......one think ..we outplayed  milan on the pitch for the whole game..the same milan who destroyed manure  in the second leg semis
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #13: May 27, 2007 08:57:54 pm
      It was a hand ball, whether or not he could of got out of the way I don't know. I did think he was clever at the time, it was only the replay that showed the ball hit his hand. But thats Soccer (I'm now in league with the Yanks!). It was the time of the goal that killed us, going in behind after playing so well. But I have seen Liverpool do that countless time over the years. I'm not to despondent, we proved that we belong on that stage and if we can get a ruthless marksman any thing might be possible! ;)
      farez
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts |
      Reply #14: May 28, 2007 08:27:57 am

yup.see the future of the club.we reach the final without enough money to spend.with the new owner promises to give 40 or 50 million to the transfer budget,we will reach another cl final.probably when we go to the another final,we had already won the epl.i can't wait that to be happen
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,345 posts | 1531 
      Reply #15: May 28, 2007 03:47:17 pm
      Can't agree more with you Cy, and as was said previously. "the only influence you can have on history is creating it." so let's get on with it next season.

Quick Reply