Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Liverpool 1 - 2 Fiorentina: Post-match musings

Read 20910 times
      fiorentinisinasce
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Re: Liverpool 1 - 2 Fiorentina: Post-match musings
      Reply #184: Dec 10, 2009 01:37:13 pm
      Honor to our friends of Liverpool Team. You will be always our favourite team in England. I'interested in your history and passion following Liverpool.
      My team played this first part of tournement well enough .
      Stand up Liverpool.
      Marco a Fiorentina's supporter from Florence
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #185: Dec 10, 2009 01:39:46 pm
      Didn't see the game as i was working, but from what i've read, the performance was so-so. Glad to hear Aquilani did well and Torres and Gerrard were reunited. Let's smash the Gooners on Sunday and kick on. No excuses anymore, we are almost returning to full strength. Arsenal will try and pass us to death, so maybe it will be a good idea to start Lucas alongside Masch. Then bring on Aquilani after 67 minutes. Something tells me Torres is going to get a hat-trick and 'Il Principino' is going to curl in a 25 yarder..
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #186: Dec 10, 2009 01:41:45 pm
      Honor to our friends of Liverpool Team. You will be always our favourite team in England. I'interested in your history and passion following Liverpool.
      Stand up Liverpool.

Thank you Marco always nice to hear kind words from a supporter of our opposition, well done to your lads I hope they have a good competition.
      Then bring on Aquilani after 67 minutes.

You expecting Rafa to break tradition with the 60/62 minute mark ? :D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,653 posts | 6947 
      Reply #187: Dec 10, 2009 03:33:02 pm
      Stand up Liverpool.

I don't think you've got much chance in the competition going forward but getting yourself top of the group has given you a big chance of getting to the quarter finals.

Well dump your arch rivals Juve out the UEFA Cup if we get them.  Good luck.
      Shakesy
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 81 posts |
      Reply #188: Dec 10, 2009 08:22:43 pm
      Was just speaking to a friend and he reckoned Dossena was offside a lot too, I can remember near the end when there was a good chance for him to run onto it and he knew he was offside so didn't even bother and had to leave it to roll to the opposition.

So I can understand why people are saying he was only offside once, but there was other times when he had to leave the ball because he knew he was offside, fast as F**k though!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #189: Dec 10, 2009 11:11:55 pm
      Think the most important thing of this game was getting the injured players back to fitness.

We may have lost but at the end of the day there was nothing at stake, we were already out. Though this could well push Pacheco on more and become involved a lot more.

Darby, what was he doing?! But he is young and still learning, if it cost us a place in the next round then would be pissed off but luckily that's not the case.

Many positives to take from this game along with Pacheco playing.

- Aquilani playing most the match
      - Torres making his return and already looking sharp
      - Torres didn't get injured

To name a few.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #190: Dec 11, 2009 09:04:12 pm
      Don't understand how this thread can go back and forth from Post-match musings to the Dossena thread and then the Pacheco thread, but anyways finally got to watch the game and am F***ing gutted we lost another game this season and another one at Anfield.

I know the game didn't mean much at all but I just hate F***ing losing.

There were some positives though.

Aquilani finally getting a start and some minutes behind him

As has been the norm of late, thought Masch was fantastic.

Gerrard's crossing was fantastic. Still can't believe how Agger couldn't get his head on that one.

Doss put in some decent crosses. Was nice to actually see a cross come in form that Left Hand side. Couldn't tell you any crosses this season that have been more dangerous then the ones he put in.

Fantastic to see Torres back, the whole place lights up when he's on that pitch. It's like the players grow 20% percent when he's out there.

Cav looked like he could actually be a decent back up to Pepe but still don't think he's gonna get many games this year.

As for Pacheco, well why the F**k hasn't he been on the first team fringes more, this season? Such a pity his first touch didn't go in the back of the net. Nice cameo of 15 minutes for him. Look forward to seeing more of him in the future.

I'm not gonna mention negatives as we all know who and what they are. Can't see why Rafa can't ...surely Kuyt and Insua need a rest.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #191: Dec 13, 2009 10:10:44 am
      hello liverpool fans.. im portuguese and a benfica & pool fan...

I want a Benfica x Liverpool in europa league :D

cardozo vs torres

So you want to be knocked out then. ::)

Quick Reply