Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Liverpool 1 - 2 Fiorentina: Post-match musings

Read 20868 times
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool v Fiorentina
      Reply #23: Dec 09, 2009 09:41:28 pm
      Really annoyed we lost at the end there but there was a few positives dossena and gerrard were good, pacheco played well in the short time he was on and torres got some game time.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #24: Dec 09, 2009 09:41:33 pm
      It really isn't good to lose at home, again.

Our run in this season's champions league is really, really disappointing.
      HampshireRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 702 posts |
      • If I'm not back in 15 minutes.....wait longer
      Reply #25: Dec 09, 2009 09:41:40 pm
      Could somebody confirm if we played this game at anfield please? becaue until we went 2-1 down iwe hardly heard a squeak from the crowd...way to go everybody!!..it was louder in our lounge and before anyone throws a hissy fit i would have loved to have got a ticket but i couldnt because all the mourners went instead. if the crowd was quiet to make a point to hicks and gillett then thanks a lot...as soon as the whilstle goes we should be behind the team 100%. red forever
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #26: Dec 09, 2009 09:41:50 pm
      Got to disagree of us looking better than of late. It's been the same old thing I've been seeing week in week out.

Defensive error that cost us the game, oh well I'm not buying that. They threatened Cavalieri with some good shots and we've been on the back foot for most of the game. There's no teeth in the attack, no determination, no penetration, we just seem satisfied with just throwing the ball up.

We can't even string 10 passes together, and we're low on creativity atm, the most of the spark coming from Gerrard's freekicks, which for me just summed up our performance.

Don't blame the goal at the last moment, that's still an error and for me, we've been on the backfoot for the whole game and probably deserved this result.

I'm just glad the Champions League is over. It's been a nightmare from start to finish.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #27: Dec 09, 2009 09:41:52 pm
      I said it at half time but I won't be surprised to see Fiorentina get far in this seasons CL.

They're a very clever team and well organised. Plus they dive for everything - not a good thing obviously but they know what they're about and it seems to be working for them.

Just hope they draw the Manc bas**rds and knock 'em out now.
      bmorelfc
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 126 posts |
      Reply #28: Dec 09, 2009 09:41:56 pm
      lets kick them gooners to the ground, they lost today too and have more fitness troubles then we do now  >:D
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #29: Dec 09, 2009 09:42:10 pm
      What the F**k.

Poor poor performance. Again. We took the lead, undeservingly, and then blew it at the last moment.

For the whole game we've been on the backfoot, it's really heartbreaking to watch us play we've been shambolic.

Don't agree.

We got a point at the weekend and we looked ten times shi**er than tonight.
      kookkai
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts |
      Reply #30: Dec 09, 2009 09:42:34 pm
      The result didn't reflect our performance, honestly. So many positives from the game.

Aqui, Doss, Pacheco and Darby(minus the blunder)

There only one way to go from now.... UP!!

YNWA... IRWT
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #31: Dec 09, 2009 09:43:04 pm
      I don't think we deserved to lose in that manner.

But there are a lot of positives that can be taken from this so let's just focus on them.

Onwards and upwards. YNWA.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #32: Dec 09, 2009 09:43:09 pm
      What the f**k.

Poor poor performance. Again. We took the lead, undeservingly, and then blew it at the last moment.

For the whole game we've been on the backfoot, it's really heartbreaking to watch us play we've been shambolic.
      What game were you watching?
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Reply #33: Dec 09, 2009 09:43:16 pm
      Feel sorry for Darby, he's been our best defender today bar Agger.

I'm not too gutted by the result, it was disappointing in the way that we lost it but there were a lot of positives to take from that.
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #34: Dec 09, 2009 09:43:20 pm
      Good to see Lyon on the second place.
      But, too bad for us, who played in arguably the worst group in the Champions League this year.
      Ah well, there is always next season.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #35: Dec 09, 2009 09:43:24 pm
      As for the lads, well what can you say? We sit back, we don' win. We go for it, we don't win.
      I haven't watched this game yet but judging by what you have all said, things might actually be looking promising for us now. The attacking side was coming together with Aquilani, Gerrard, Torres and Beni all linking well, right? Our first team defence has been looking better lately so with them back and that lot in front of them, we can do some damage. Add to that the fact that Dossena looked much better and Pacheco impressed, we suddenly have a little more depth to the squad.
      Maybe things are looking up, despite the defeat.  
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #36: Dec 09, 2009 09:43:54 pm
      I'm not knee-jerking at all, I've got my own opinion and that's it.

And yes, I've watched it from start to finish.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Andrea Dossena Player Thread
      Reply #37: Dec 09, 2009 09:44:10 pm
      Can deliver a cross, Andrea.

Must be the hair.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #38: Dec 09, 2009 09:44:15 pm
      I keep saying it aswell but Rafa really is right about the small details.

Once again it's the small details that out did us tonight.

Looking at the positives - it was a nothing game. Torres and Gerrard are back. I would say Aquilani is close to getting frequent game time now. Pacheco got on. Another good performance from Masch. Yossi too.
      wellboy
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 85 posts |
      Reply #39: Dec 09, 2009 09:44:48 pm
      Another home defeat guys. Despite having nothing to play for here tonight, we cannot lose home games.

Very disappointed............ ..AGAIN
      kookkai
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts |
      Re: Andrea Dossena Player Thread
      Reply #40: Dec 09, 2009 09:45:04 pm
      Agreed...  loads of good crosses coming from him tonight.

Hope he pick up from here.

+maybe the inclusion of Aquilani give some sort of extra confidence in him.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #41: Dec 09, 2009 09:45:24 pm
      I disagree, ROF. I thought we passed the ball well tonight, up to the final ball. We kept possession and looked more threatening with the ball that we did against Blackburn.

I don't think we were on the back foot for any large portion of the game. They had their moments, but we were in control mostly.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #42: Dec 09, 2009 09:45:45 pm
      Slight silver linin....Lyon didn do us the favour wen we really needed it so it was payback!! plus alot of possitives around the park... dani and Aquilani were lethal!
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #43: Dec 09, 2009 09:45:53 pm
      Got to disagree of us looking better than of late. It's been the same old thing I've been seeing week in week out.

Defensive error that cost us the game, oh well I'm not buying that. They threatened Cavalieri with some good shots and we've been on the back foot for most of the game. There's no teeth in the attack, no determination, no penetration, we just seem satisfied with just throwing the ball up.

We can't even string 10 passes together, and we're low on creativity atm, the most of the spark coming from Gerrard's freekicks, which for me just summed up our performance.

Don't blame the goal at the last moment, that's still an error and for me, we've been on the backfoot for the whole game and probably deserved this result.

I'm just glad the Champions League is over. It's been a nightmare from start to finish.
      Backfoot for the whole game is a load of rubbish we had more chances than them-3 chances that players couldn't quite get to and played some nice football.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #44: Dec 09, 2009 09:46:17 pm
      I'm not knee-jerking at all, I've got my own opinion and that's it.

And yes, I've watched it from start to finish.

I saw no negatives in the match, except for Kuyt and Insua.

It was the old Liverpool - pass and move on the counter. We looked very dangerous at times. With the side on the pitch, some rustiness was expected, but a good performance i thought.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #45: Dec 09, 2009 09:46:21 pm
      Some of their through ball play to Gilardino was excellent it has to be said.

Quick Reply