Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Help with FLV. formats

Read 2844 times
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Help with FLV. formats
      Dec 06, 2009 03:55:49 am
      Anytime I want to watch a certain video or stream it sometimes comes back.."FLV, Not Supported" or something like that..

1. What is FLV Format
      2. How can I download FLV formatted vids and streams? 

Is their a plug in, a trusted, non spam,virus.malware, adware loaded plug in I could use.  I found some converters online but dont trust anything!!  Some of the converters wanted me to dowload "Zango"...Which is death to any PC.

My default browser is Firefox (current version) and sometimes Google Chrome, I can also use IE, I dont like IE but would run if needed. I run Vista, SP2.   I have a solid Anti-virus,firewall,spam and Malware detection.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Re: Help with FLV. formats
      Reply #1: Dec 06, 2009 10:32:58 am
      If you watch your videos on the computer, the best media player you'll find is 'VLC Media Player'. Download that and you'll never look back.

Do you want to download Youtube Videos? If so, the best solution to your problem, IMO, is downloading your videos from keepvid.com. From there you just copy-paste the URL into the corresponding download bar on the website.

On there, you can download Youtube videos straight to High Quality MP4 format. Depending on the video, you can also download HD MP4 video.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #2: Dec 06, 2009 02:47:09 pm
      Got to agree with VLC Media player if I'm not mistaken it supports all formats, and you just let your video file run in that player and you can watch it.

Bahrosa, I don't use KeepVid but instead I download this software called YouTube Downloader, it is fine as well not a bad choice ha.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #3: Dec 07, 2009 04:21:56 am
      Got to agree with VLC Media player if I'm not mistaken it supports all formats, and you just let your video file run in that player and you can watch it.

Bahrosa, I don't use KeepVid but instead I download this software called YouTube Downloader, it is fine as well not a bad choice ha.
      Does YouTube Downloader convert the videos whilst downloading? I watch the videos i download on the PS3, and it can't play FLV.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #4: Dec 07, 2009 11:20:10 am
      Yeah VLC Media Player is the best option for .flv videos.
      Also, there are many Youtube Video downloaders that can download the videos and then convert them, so you can watch them in the format supported by PS3.
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #5: Dec 07, 2009 11:41:31 am
      Correct me if wrong, but i cant open FLV with VLC. I use FLV player, works a treat.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #6: Dec 07, 2009 01:50:35 pm
      Correct me if wrong, but i cant open FLV with VLC. I use FLV player, works a treat.

Works on my computer with VLC.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #7: Dec 07, 2009 02:11:56 pm
      Tried it with the latest version? Should work..
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      Reply #8: Dec 07, 2009 10:28:15 pm
      The Issue I have is downloading FLV videos from various sources and then trying to open it in Windows Media Player. I have no issue with the actual download, it downloads the file completely, but I cant open it or watch it anywhere w/out that  "FLV failure message" I tried Veoh player, Real Player, Windows Media I even converted one of them to Divx to try and get it to play, and still nothing.  :mad:

What even is FLV format? Why is it being used when every forum or post I go to all say the same thing that people have Issues with it?

I can download video from the Net using either the Real Player Download or the Firefox add-on "Download Helper" But they all have issues with FLV format to Windows Media.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #9: Dec 07, 2009 10:38:08 pm
      I can play .FLV format videos with my VLC Media Player.

Another thing you could do, if you want is to get an .FLV to .WMV/or any other format converter. It's difficult to find a free one without a registration code, though.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      Reply #10: Dec 08, 2009 07:05:49 am
      I found some converters and add-ons which, at first glance, seem to be what I need. Then I go to install it and it either wants all this personal information or its just loaded with exe. files.

I'll check out the VLC Player. A lot of the people on the thread seem to agree that its an OK program.  I'll check it out.  Thanks.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #11: Dec 10, 2009 06:15:41 am
      I'll check out the VLC Player. A lot of the people on the thread seem to agree that its an OK program.  I'll check it out.  Thanks.
      No, it's a brilliant program. It's very simple to use and will play any video format
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #12: Dec 10, 2009 06:18:34 am
      Does YouTube Downloader convert the videos whilst downloading? I watch the videos I download on the PS3, and it can't play FLV.

Yes you can convert video formats with YouTube Downloader, but there's only limited options.

Quick Reply