Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

World Soccer Magazine is Full Of It!

Read 2220 times
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      World Soccer Magazine is Full Of It!
      Dec 11, 2009 02:31:40 am
      World player of the decade only has Steven Gerrard at number 21behind our own Fernando Torres who has only made an impact in the last two years.
      Ronaldinho is a worthy competitor and possibly has been the player of the decade but to say that Steven Gerrard who single handedly won the champions league final in Istanbul, captained Liverpool and has been basically the sole reason that Liverpool have managed to stay in the top four of the English Premier League, he has single handedly dragged Liverpool to countless victories, by scoring phenomenal goals, making magical runs and setting up beuatiful assists. Steven Gerrard at number 21 behind Shevchenko, Ballack, Eto'o, Lampard, Cannavaro, Rivaldo, C.Ronaldo is a complete and utter joke.

http://www.worldsoccer.com/news/messi_voted_world_soccer_player_of_the_year_news_292836.html
      « Last Edit: Dec 11, 2009 04:58:54 am by ayrton77, Reason: Had to take the \"fuck off\" out of the title »
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: F**k off World Soccer Magazine!
      Reply #1: Dec 11, 2009 02:55:17 am
      Not to mention Owen at number 8??!!!! How the F**k is he that much better than Gerrard?! Owen has won less, and had less impact in the last decade. What a F***ing joke.

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #2: Dec 11, 2009 03:26:26 am
      I don't give a sh*t about idiot magazines like that to be honest. They are always always always wrong
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #3: Dec 11, 2009 04:55:59 am
      Owen, Shevchenko, Ballack, Fat Frank all above Gerrard and Torres? What is the world coming to?  :mad:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #4: Dec 11, 2009 04:59:39 am
      Hilarious, that list,

Owen over Raul?

Adriano (w**ker striker from Brazil) over Casillas?

Arshavin over Beckham/Gabriel Batistuta?!

Pa-lease.
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Re: World Soccer Magazine is Full Of It!
      Reply #5: Dec 11, 2009 12:53:29 pm
      Messi is second? He had a great season last year, but how can he be one of the best players of the decade? He joined Barcelona in 2004 ffs! Owen is 8th. He was a bench warmer in Madrid, then left Madrid for Newcastle, Newcastle got relegated and he is 8th!?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #6: Dec 11, 2009 10:21:29 pm
      Messi is second? He had a great season last year, but how can he be one of the best players of the decade? He joined Barcelona in 2004 ffs! Owen is 8th. He was a bench warmer in Madrid, then left Madrid for Newcastle, Newcastle got relegated and he is 8th!?

To be fair, i think Messi has made enough of an impact in the last few years to at least not make that to much of a controversial decision. No player on the list really has been good for the whole decade (apart from Gerrard ;) ) so it was always going to come down to a player who has made a real splash.
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #7: Dec 12, 2009 04:39:45 am
      That is actually the second worst vote ever conducted, totally wrong in so many aspects. The first by the way was Giggs winning Player of the Year last season.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #8: Dec 12, 2009 10:32:25 am
      Steven Gerrard has been phenomenal ever since he came through and especially since 2000 and Fernando Torres has made much more impact in 2 and a half years here (with 2008/2009 and 2009/2010 full of injuries) than some have made in 5 years, let alone 10.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #9: Dec 12, 2009 10:50:55 am
      Not to mention the name of the magazine is World "SOCCER" Magazine. Loses all credibility there I reckon.

Quick Reply