Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Europa League - Last 32

Read 14330 times
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Re: Europa League - Last 32
      Reply #161: Dec 18, 2009 02:56:30 pm
      We. Will. Win.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #162: Dec 18, 2009 03:03:54 pm
      I'm ashamed of myself for looking forward to this, but I REALLY am!!! Anybody else feel like that?
      Danutz92
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #163: Dec 18, 2009 03:09:39 pm
      Unirea is a good team .4 years ago, the team was in the third league, but with a good owner, and a world-class manager(Dan Petrescu, was a chelsea player)  made a solid team of weak players.They won the championship because of poor management of other candidates for the title and stupid owners (gigi becali, an example).He banned thousands of supporters, because they swearing the board.

My prediction: Liverpool 3-0 Unirea, total.

I'm a romanian Liverpool fan.. sorry for my english.I hope you understand the text :)

If you want other information about unirea, ask me.

muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #164: Dec 18, 2009 03:12:49 pm
      looking forward to this, some decent teams involved but after that draw we should be in the QFs assuming we are professional
      about it and don't take it handy.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #165: Dec 18, 2009 03:13:31 pm
      Unirea is a good team .4 years ago, the team was in the third league, but with a good owner, and a world-class manager(Dan Petrescu, was a chelsea player)  made a solid team of weak players.They won the championship because of poor management of other candidates for the title and stupid owners (gigi becali, an example).He banned thousands of supporters, because they swearing the board.

My prediction: Liverpool 3-0 Unirea, total.

I'm a romanian Liverpool fan.. sorry for my english.I hope you understand the text :)

If you want other information about unirea, ask me.

Thanks Dan for the info.

What will the reaction of Unirea be like from their players and supporters, will they be pleased or pissed off at the draw?

Any players that we know in England and need to watch out for?
      Danutz92
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #166: Dec 18, 2009 03:35:55 pm
      Thanks Dan for the info.

What will the reaction of Unirea be like from their players and supporters, will they be pleased or pissed off at the draw?

Any players that we know in England and need to watch out for?

Unirea' coach was very optimistic as usual.. but the players feels unlucky. The match will be played in (Ghencea) Bucharest, not Urziceni, because they don't have a good stadium.People will come to see Liverpool.. Unirea had a little number of fans,app one thousand, but others fans will encourage Unirea because isn't a rival team for nobody.

In my opinion, no.

Again sorry for my english :)

Liverpool has many fans in Romania, and we hope to make a support for this great team.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #167: Dec 18, 2009 03:55:30 pm
      Unirea' coach was very optimistic as usual.. but the players feels unlucky. The match will be played in (Ghencea) Bucharest, not Urziceni, because they don't have a good stadium.People will come to see Liverpool.. Unirea had a little number of fans,app one thousand, but others fans will encourage Unirea because isn't a rival team for nobody.

In my opinion, no.

Again sorry for my english :)

Liverpool has many fans in Romania, and we hope to make a support for this great team.

Top man - thanks mate.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #168: Dec 18, 2009 05:14:09 pm
      Happy with our draw. Reckon Athletico have a tough game ahead of them though.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #169: Dec 18, 2009 05:15:27 pm
      I see everton are out then? ::)
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,817 posts | 471 
      Reply #170: Dec 18, 2009 06:23:47 pm
      That sounds like a disease that only a gynecologist should be dealing with.

On the subject of the last 32 - the only team I'd fear would be Shakhtar Donetsk and even then......
      Pal, you should be doing late night comedy, I fell of my chair when I read that, very funny.
      winnie
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 108 posts |
      Reply #171: Dec 18, 2009 07:05:46 pm
      Unirea... sound like something I get when I eat too much spicy foods

Yes, but i must say that Liverpool these days plays just like he gets some kind of Unirea.

Some players aren't in the game at all. They looks like artists thinking of new video.

Law concentation, specially in the last minutes.

Of course, this is Liverpool, and that will change.

Go on Reds, get that trophy and win a Premier League.

And, next year, we will sing - We Won it Six times!

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #172: Dec 18, 2009 07:10:58 pm

Year after.
      Redmen
      • Forum Ian St John

• 429 posts | 61 
      Reply #173: Dec 18, 2009 07:11:40 pm
      Yes, but I must say that Liverpool these days plays just like he gets some kind of Unirea.

Some players aren't in the game at all. They looks like artists thinking of new video.

Law concentation, specially in the last minutes.

Of course, this is Liverpool, and that will change.

Go on Reds, get that trophy and win a Premier League.

What on earth......????
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,849 posts | 68 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #174: Dec 18, 2009 07:32:26 pm
      Thought i remember reading a thread on here that the Europa cup is a second rate competition....well looking at some of the teams that are in this cup there's a lot of good football here,all we need is confidence from the prem. games and this will give us an extra incentive for this cup .still fancy us to push for this title .
      Nefas
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #175: Dec 18, 2009 08:44:41 pm
      Unirea Urziceni is a team build with so called "2nd hand players", that only show us romanians that in fact they are just as good as those bought by "top" teams in Bucharest such as Steaua or Dinamo.

The difference between Unirea and the clubs with a great tradition into winning trophies here was made by their management, the scouting abilities manager Petrescu seams to have and his bossy attitude.

His attitude is reflected in-game where Unirea's players are generally very disciplined and are thus respecting the manager's rules 110%.

They are modest and do play the game simple till the middle of the field, and quite bold in the front.

When it comes to players, if it were to take a brief look, i would say Unirea plays a common 4-2-3-1 with a few players that can really make "show off" on their own.
      GK - Giedrius Arlauskis - he's a 22 y.o. lithuanian player that is begining to be more and more involved into his national team's activities // main quality of this keeper is reflexes and courage with a lack on positioning
      CB CB - George Galamaz (cpt) + Bruno Fernandes - a great couple where one (Galamaz) is the stronger, wiser but rather slow fullback, while Bruno Fernandes is the adventurous one, taking bold decisions and being rather risky
      RB - Brandan - a great argentinian player that does resemble alot with Glen Johnson when it comes to his playing style..he runs alot and pushes forward almost every time
      LB - Whoever plays, old players, easy to go passed and quite easy to fool
      DM DM - Unirea plays with 2 midfielders that stay behind the middle of the pitch, and this is more or less their strength. Iulian Apostol (midfilder in our national team also) is the "Xabi Alonso" kind of midfielder, while Paduretu is their "Javier Mascherano" as the first is the one a bit more courageous, with a better understanding of the game and a lot of guts when it comes to passing and shooting, while Paduretu is the destructive kind of guy. Have to say that apostol is surely better than Lucas while Paduretu is somehow similar to Lucas.
      The team's flaws when it comes to it's midfield is that instead of backing up defense with RWM and LWM coming back when RB and LB go forward, they do it with DM and thus leaving the middle of the pitch rather clear for offensive midfielders or returning forwards of the opposing team
      LWM RWM - both players are young, talented, and loaned from a team in the 2nd division that only lives by selling 20yo players to other teams - Having two players of 20-23 years of age that are loaned, means they play mainly for their future. They wanna be seen by scouts and be bought by a foreign club. If generally that means they would be selfish, it isn't the case here, as Unirea's LWM and RWM are very involved (maybe too involved) in helping the team => they pass the ball 90% of the cases, but they are more than able to manage that 10% left like Benayoun does on 1-on-1 situations with not so great defenders in front of him
      CAM ST - Here Unirea has one of his best players and prolly it's main flaw - They have a massive ST (Bilasco) that wouldn't surprise me if he won all duels with Skrtel and more than half with Jamie or Agger (aerial duels that is) and doesn't spend a lot of time before shooting as he knows his speed isn't his main attribute; while the CAM (Onofras) is a slow dude, easy to be stopped by kinda anyone in the premiership.

So, this is Unirea's main team, with a note on Brandan, the argentinian RB may just be sold to Stuttgard fir 2.000.000 EUR this winter and will not be a part of the future matches against liv'pool.

They will play on steaua's stadium, in Bucharest, and since Liverpool is the opponent, and the Steaua supporters are currently fighting with the owner of the team, the main audience will consist of Steaua supporters (Urziceni - the town Unirea [that means Union] comes from, has ~10.000 people, while the Ghencea Stadium has 25.000 seats => it would take 2.5 Urziceni towns to fill it up).

Hoping that the stadium will be packed with people supporting both sides.
      Hoping for a show with at least 4-5 goals (i'd love a Unirea 2 - 3 Liverpool here in Bucharest)
      Hoping for fairplay, loads of reds in all our pubs and great t-shirt/scarf deals

i wish u all a great time here in Bucharest

Cheers,
      A romanian Red
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #176: Dec 18, 2009 09:19:58 pm
      Unirea Urziceni is a team build with so called "2nd hand players", that only show us romanians that in fact they are just as good as those bought by "top" teams in Bucharest such as Steaua or Dinamo.

The difference between Unirea and the clubs with a great tradition into winning trophies here was made by their management, the scouting abilities manager Petrescu seams to have and his bossy attitude.

His attitude is reflected in-game where Unirea's players are generally very disciplined and are thus respecting the manager's rules 110%.

They are modest and do play the game simple till the middle of the field, and quite bold in the front.

When it comes to players, if it were to take a brief look, i would say Unirea plays a common 4-2-3-1 with a few players that can really make "show off" on their own.
      GK - Giedrius Arlauskis - he's a 22 y.o. lithuanian player that is begining to be more and more involved into his national team's activities // main quality of this keeper is reflexes and courage with a lack on positioning
      CB CB - George Galamaz (cpt) + Bruno Fernandes - a great couple where one (Galamaz) is the stronger, wiser but rather slow fullback, while Bruno Fernandes is the adventurous one, taking bold decisions and being rather risky
      RB - Brandan - a great argentinian player that does resemble alot with Glen Johnson when it comes to his playing style..he runs alot and pushes forward almost every time
      LB - Whoever plays, old players, easy to go passed and quite easy to fool
      DM DM - Unirea plays with 2 midfielders that stay behind the middle of the pitch, and this is more or less their strength. Iulian Apostol (midfilder in our national team also) is the "Xabi Alonso" kind of midfielder, while Paduretu is their "Javier Mascherano" as the first is the one a bit more courageous, with a better understanding of the game and a lot of guts when it comes to passing and shooting, while Paduretu is the destructive kind of guy. Have to say that apostol is surely better than Lucas while Paduretu is somehow similar to Lucas.
      The team's flaws when it comes to it's midfield is that instead of backing up defense with RWM and LWM coming back when RB and LB go forward, they do it with DM and thus leaving the middle of the pitch rather clear for offensive midfielders or returning forwards of the opposing team
      LWM RWM - both players are young, talented, and loaned from a team in the 2nd division that only lives by selling 20yo players to other teams - Having two players of 20-23 years of age that are loaned, means they play mainly for their future. They wanna be seen by scouts and be bought by a foreign club. If generally that means they would be selfish, it isn't the case here, as Unirea's LWM and RWM are very involved (maybe too involved) in helping the team => they pass the ball 90% of the cases, but they are more than able to manage that 10% left like Benayoun does on 1-on-1 situations with not so great defenders in front of him
      CAM ST - Here Unirea has one of his best players and prolly it's main flaw - They have a massive ST (Bilasco) that wouldn't surprise me if he won all duels with Skrtel and more than half with Jamie or Agger (aerial duels that is) and doesn't spend a lot of time before shooting as he knows his speed isn't his main attribute; while the CAM (Onofras) is a slow dude, easy to be stopped by kinda anyone in the premiership.

So, this is Unirea's main team, with a note on Brandan, the argentinian RB may just be sold to Stuttgard fir 2.000.000 EUR this winter and will not be a part of the future matches against liv'pool.

They will play on steaua's stadium, in Bucharest, and since Liverpool is the opponent, and the Steaua supporters are currently fighting with the owner of the team, the main audience will consist of Steaua supporters (Urziceni - the town Unirea [that means Union] comes from, has ~10.000 people, while the Ghencea Stadium has 25.000 seats => it would take 2.5 Urziceni towns to fill it up).

Hoping that the stadium will be packed with people supporting both sides.
      Hoping for a show with at least 4-5 goals (i'd love a Unirea 2 - 3 Liverpool here in Bucharest)
      Hoping for fairplay, loads of reds in all our pubs and great t-shirt/scarf deals

i wish u all a great time here in Bucharest

Cheers,
      A romanian Red

Many thanks for your detailed post there, Nefas. You can be sure of many reds in your pubs mate. YNWA

I'm really looking forward to this tie now on reflection. At the end of the day, it's a game of football and a chance to make new friends in Europe.

I'm sure there'll be respect going both ways and lets hope for a good sing song and a laugh along the way. A reality check is much needed at our club - fans and players alike. This can do both clubs the world of good.

there was a cut to a shot of Kenny on his phone squinting and holding it at a distance, in that way that technophobes do. i found it quite amusing.

Haha! I knew what you meant when you said Kenny mate. I just thought it was amusing as I was sitting in my van looking at my phone when I seen your post.  ;)
      Nefas
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #177: Dec 18, 2009 09:30:05 pm
      Me neither, and I'm pretty sh*t hot at Geography. I'm guessing eastern Europe and a knackered stadium with a running track around it.

Yeah and cheap beer and cheap women... :f_tongueincheek:

the stadium where the game will take place is Ghencea http://infernrosalbastru.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/1566349980_stad-157364757bf2eae9ad7bf_660_408_.jpg while their stadium is Tineretului - http://www.mysport.ro/out/large/gallery/sky4u/ggggggggg_4366965.jpg(200km east of Bucharest - not suitable for european competitions)

Ghencea is the same one that Liverpool faced Steaua on in 2003 (Steaua 1 - Liverpool 1 (2003)) the main difference between then and now is that meanwhile the pitch was changed a few times and if the undersoil heating system will be doing it's job, the pitch shouldn't be totally crap

Anyhow, in the future, as this fixture approaches, i will be posting some info on:
      Transportation
      Hotels
      Routes to Stadium
      Pubs
      Other entertaining stuff :)
      Personal advices

Cheers,
      Michael

molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #178: Dec 18, 2009 09:53:56 pm
      c'mon the reds give us something to cheer n win it
      if we beat these the next rounds a gift  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      ScouseBear
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #179: Dec 19, 2009 12:01:05 am
      For any reds who plan on going over to Romania be warned... The stadium is a complete dive and there's a distinct lack of facilities available for away fans.

When queing to get into the stadium you will be asked to wait on a path at the back of the stadium with little to no lighting. They only had 2 turnstyles for the Rangers game which meant there was huge queues to get into the ground. They also made sure to search you numerous times to further slow down the process.. I was searched 3 times!! Inside the stadium it was dirty, broken seats that are not secured to the ground and there's was very limited toilets - if you need the toilet you were told there's a hole in the ground outside the stadium. Inside for food and drink it was a guy with a table selling crips and bottles of coke.

Also don't expect much in the way of help from the stewards, alot of them dont speak english.

As for Unirea, they have afew technically good players but most of the team lack any sort of end product..  Put in a profesional display and you'll beat them easily! Goodluck!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6742 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #180: Dec 20, 2009 06:28:29 am
      I'm still saying WHO?

Hope it doesn't come back to bite me and us in the arse.

Surely we should be a shoe in for this tie, but the way we're playing at the moment nothing would surprise me.  :f_wah:

Quick Reply