Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Juventus Scandal

Read 5822 times
      Mr RedDrake
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 10 posts |
      Juventus Scandal
      May 13, 2006 12:27:53 pm
      Last week, the Italian press has revealed that Juventus General Director, Luciano Moggi, could face sanctions for sporting frauds.
      The accusations are much heavy and reveal a scenario in which, in the last years, Moggi had a confidential relationship with Pierluigi Pairetto, the former chief of the Italian refereeing commission (AIA).
      Two very serious newspapers, like Gazzetta dello Sport and the Corriere della Sera, published accounts of telephone conversations between Moggi and Pierluigi Pairetto, in which Moggi asks for officials of his choice to be assigned to the matches in question.
      Moggi is also accused of having asked Pairetto to select a specific referee for a Champions League encounter in 2004 against Djurgardens of Sweden - at the time, Pairetto was also vice-president of the UEFA refereeing commission.
      So, the referees were requested "a la carte", and they should see all in favour of Juventus, "also what there is not", say the wire tappings reported in the press.
      Personally, I was just convinced that in the last seasons the Italian League was falsified in favour of Juventus: you all remember that in 1998 Inter had just won the League when, during the decisive game, a foul against Ronaldo in the box (that should be penalty for Inter) was not sanctioned, and at the end of the action was sanctioned a penalty for Juventus.
      In 1999-2000,  Juventus challenged for the Scudetto with Lazio, my beloved team, that has many links with Liverpool so that there are many red shirts at the Stadio Olimpico; well, in one of the last matches, versus Parma, was disallowed a head-goal from Cannavaro (which in that time played for Parma) that was "the most regular goal in the whole history of football".
      Plus, in these years there have been a lot of goals ratified for Juventus with the balls on the bar or 50 cm. out of the line of the goal, and, viceversa, goals cancelled for the opponents with the ball 50 cm. in!
      The President of the Italian Football Association, Franco Carraro, was obliged to resign, swept away by the scandal.
      I hope that this scandal will make emerge all the responsibilities and that Juventus will be condemned to pay for all the dreams and the joy of which all the other teams' fans have been deprived in the last years!
      Mr RedDrake
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 10 posts |
      Juventus Scandal
      Reply #1: May 13, 2006 12:29:04 pm
      MORE BREAKING NEWS.
      The Italian papers today have published the tapes, and the Magistrates have revealed the names of the persons involved, so the situation is very clear.
      It deals with the most serious scandal ever occurred in the Italian sport.
      Six persons are charged with criminal association directed to the sporting fraud. The Magistrates call them: La Cupola (The Cupule).
      All the components of Italian football are involved: the vice chairman of the Italian FA (Mazzini), the two former chiefs of the Italian Referreing Commission (AIA), (Bergamo and Pairetto), one of the most important referee (De Santis), the Juventus' Sporting Director (Moggi) and the Juventus' managing director (Giraudo).
      It has emerged that they did conspire to try to make Juventus winning the games, with the help of the referees.
      We all knew that, but now it's proved.
      If one referee helped Juventus, his career was made to advance, otherwise he was suspended.
      It is proved that the famous goal of Cannavaro in Juventus Parma of the season 1999-2000 was disallowed by De Santis in order to back Juventus in the title challenge versus Lazio.
      Moggi is also charged with kidnapping because after the match Reggina Juventus did close the referee in his dressing room to discuss with him, and took away the keys, so that he could be freed only knocking down the door (!).
      Lazio, Fiorentina and Milan are also involved because in two or three games have asked a referee to be helped in some crucial games: it's a very serious accusation, obviously, but it deals with two or three games and their position have nothing to do with that of Juventus, whose directors belonged to the Cupule. For this reason, they have charged with criminal association, not only for sporting fraud.
      As far as the sanctions are concerned, Juventus have no hopes to avoid the relegation, but also the situation of Fiorentina and Lazio is critic. Of course, for proportion, if Lazio and Fiorentina are relegated in serie B, Juventus should be relegated in C, I'm not joking.
      The tapes refer all to the season 2004-2005, but it's very likely that the same occurred in the previous: all the titles since 1995 should be revoked and let not assigned.
      There's only one amusing thing: three months ago the Inter's player Luis Figo was fined by the Italian FA for saying that after Inter Juventus he had seen Moggi enter the referee's dressing room......
      After this scandal, I don't know if I could still follow the Italian football.....
      debever2011
      • Forum John Barnes

• 417 posts |
      Juventus Scandal
      Reply #2: May 20, 2006 02:20:10 pm
      Wasn't this the case a few years back with Marseille  :?: .They were thrown out of all competitions and relegated down a division. Also herd it could take a while to sort all the sh*t out so will juventus loose this years title or what :?:
      JIMI
      • Forum David Johnson

• 232 posts |
      Juventus Scandal
      Reply #3: May 20, 2006 03:36:12 pm
      All this goes back to the 60s . including us being 2-0 up against Inter Milan
      then went to Italy and got beat by the Ref. (No sour grapes promise :roll: )
      debever2011
      • Forum John Barnes

• 417 posts |
      Juventus Scandal
      Reply #4: May 20, 2006 04:53:02 pm
      Good point JIMI or what about the euro cup final in 85 always thought the game was a fix .
      REDLANCE
      • Forum Ian St John

• 451 posts |
      Juventus Scandal
      Reply #5: May 20, 2006 10:21:13 pm
      Quote from: "JIMI"
      All this goes back to the 60s . including us being 2-0 up against Inter Milan
      then went to Italy and got beat by the Ref. (No sour grapes promise :roll: )

SPOT ON MATE. That ref was shocking,every one knew it was fixed but couldn't prove it
      Gladbach-Reds-Fan-GER
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 76 posts |
      Juventus Scandal
      Reply #6: May 26, 2006 05:15:52 pm
      I can only laugh about those stupid guys.
      they earn lots of money but still bet on their games....

I really don't understand this
      JIMI
      • Forum David Johnson

• 232 posts |
      Juventus Scandal
      Reply #7: Jun 01, 2006 08:17:16 pm
      Arsenal have been named in connection with all the going on according
      to the little bit of news i heard on radio 5 . something bout 1.7M.http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/5037494.stm
      Having read the link i got my wires crossed with something , don't no what though sorry :roll:
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Juventus Scandal
      Reply #8: Jun 01, 2006 09:10:14 pm
      Quote from: "JIMI"
      Arsenal have been named in connection with all the going on according
      to the little bit of news i heard on radio 5 . something bout 1.7M.http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/5037494.stm
      Having read the link i got my wires crossed with something , don't no what though sorry :roll:
      yeah iheard about that too, and apparantly the european banks trying to sue abramovich for fraud which would be ace.
      debever2011
      • Forum John Barnes

• 417 posts |
      Juventus Scandal
      Reply #9: Jun 01, 2006 09:42:27 pm
      Weren't our goverment ment to be looking at were abramovich got his mass billions from and kicking the sh*t back to Russia,wouldn't be much of a loss now would it
      JIMI
      • Forum David Johnson

• 232 posts |
      Juventus Scandal
      Reply #10: Jun 01, 2006 09:58:10 pm
      Seem's to me to be a very shady man .
      I thought he should have been pulled over the fact he has interest
      in two top club sides 1. Chelski 2. one of them Dynamo sides
      When i say top sides about Chelski i just mean that they play in the prem
      not that their good .
      debever2011
      • Forum John Barnes

• 417 posts |
      Juventus Scandal
      Reply #11: Jun 01, 2006 10:09:18 pm
      Just herd on talk sport that arsenal are saying the money there being investigated about was just a loan.YEH and we do believe you,HONEST bas**rds.
      REDLANCE
      • Forum Ian St John

• 451 posts |
      Juventus Scandal
      Reply #12: Jun 02, 2006 07:53:19 am
      Arsenal are always involed in these cases somewhere it is about time something got done,if its not bungs it is loans what is the difference?As for tapping up players they always seem to pick up these young french kids from under the noses of there own club
      debever2011
      • Forum John Barnes

• 417 posts |
      Juventus Scandal
      Reply #13: Jun 02, 2006 07:40:15 pm
      Must be something to do with london clubs arsenal chelski who will be next they think they can get away with anything,if found guilty they shouldn't just be fined coz as we know chelski have unlimited finances they should be docked points or even better relegated straight away.CHEER me up no ends. ;D
      REDLANCE
      • Forum Ian St John

• 451 posts |
      Juventus Scandal
      Reply #14: Jun 03, 2006 07:30:07 am
      Teams have already been relegated for such irregularities,now that would be a shame wouldn't it :shock:
      debever2011
      • Forum John Barnes

• 417 posts |
      Juventus Scandal
      Reply #15: Jun 03, 2006 07:51:40 pm
      Got told today they might get thrown out of the european cup next year if any irregularities are found to be true. So what about chelski and all there tapping up issues.

Quick Reply