Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Liverpool 1-2 Arsenal: Post Match

Read 34866 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Re: Liverpool 1-2 Arsenal: Post Match
      Reply #253: Dec 14, 2009 02:11:23 am
      Maybe stick my post in the knee jerk thread but f**k this. 3 wins in 15 is not what I expect from my club.

That's not a knee jerk.

3 wins in 15 is piss poor.

I wouldn't expect the reserve team to ever post a record like that.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #254: Dec 14, 2009 02:49:06 am
      Just as the usual story.

Go a goal up and then end up losing the game.

Seems our heads aren't right when we are in the lead.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #255: Dec 14, 2009 02:55:52 am
      Oh my god I'm watching the replay now, absolute joke can't believe we weren't 3 up at half time. Torres and Gerrard both clearly not fit and they both look to be searching for inspiration and not taking the game on themselves. Haven't seen the second half yet, but I'll comment on what I've seen so far.

The players and fans alike need to take a good hard look at themselves I think - 3 wins in 15 games is simply sh*t. Even Stoke City, Burnley, Wigan, Wolves would be super disappointed if they posted results like this let alone Liverpool - 5 times European Champions, 18 league titles, one of the biggest names in world sport.

The players need to stop looking around for someone else to do it, Benitez is a great manager but he's not playing on the field - 11 players are out there wearing the liverbird on their chests and these are the eleven who can and will impact the results. They need to seize the moment and make something happen themselves, Steven Gerrard has done it time and time again throughout his career and at the moment he looks like he's run out of these moments, he needs to keep working hard because he's so good that he can make it happen. The captain needs to inspire the other ten players, and they in turn need to respond by giving 100% every minute that they are out on that field.

The fans though - I went twice in September once to the Debreceni 1-0 win and once to the Liverpool Leeds cup match at Elland Road. The atmosphere created by the dedicated 38,000 fans their was something to behold. Sitting with my fellow liverpudlians in the away section their was a real buzz, a vibe created and I could hardly speak the next day from singing and cheering the whole game - which to be honest was a poor match. At the Debreceni match where our supporters at our home fortress, Anfield had by far the numerical advantage over the Debrecen fans but the atmosphere was dead, their was no life from our so called fans and European nights are supposed to be better than league matches. I was dissapointed, my Dad whose taken my brother to a fair few big matches at Anfield said that the atmosphere at Anfield appears to be getting worse every time he goes. The stadium hasn't changed so it must be the fans, the fans need to lift, none of this leaving five minutes early so you get to your cars before everyone else, you should want to stay in that amazing stadium well after the final whistle sounds to congratulate and support the eleven players who have given everything to make you feel happy, to give you the right results. I don't think it means enough to the fans or the players, I think that we're expecting wins to just happen and if they don't we make excuses about injuries, referees, luck and then say it doesn't matter we've won 18 league titles anyway. Liverpool Football Club needs to win a title, Liverpool Football Club was built upon winning titles, and if we're not careful Liverpool Football Club could fall the way Leeds United have.

- Off rant watching the second half now, the own goal was just ridiculously unlucky, but already our players and fans look deflated, as if its impossible to score again. - disappointing
      F**k me - why does Arshavin always score against us!
      liverboy
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #256: Dec 14, 2009 03:32:35 am
      I want to just to say YNWA
      FabulousAurelio
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 537 posts | 11 
      Reply #257: Dec 14, 2009 04:29:46 am
      Hmmmm, Rafa seems to be losing favour by some of his die hards on here, well I hate to say I told you so 6 weeks ago.... but the excuses are wearing thin, that for example was his strongest team minus one player today, and they mustered 1 shot on target in the whole 2nd half attacking the kop (not that that matters for much anymore, fans were propper sh*te!!!!!!!!)

Yeah excuses running thin, and I think Ian St John summed it up perfectly, when he almost broke down on SKY, and he is right, on Wednesday, if we fail to defeat Wigan, headlines will be made, on Bill Shankly night of all nights.

As for you F***ing deluded cu*ts who try to shoot anyone down with a differing opinion, I've already had my say, grow the F**k up.

FFS, on Shankly's anniversary he would be ashamed of you and your attitude! Do you support the team or what?

And if your using Ian St John to support your point you wont get far. He talks out of his F***ing arse!

Honestly, one of the best posts I've ever seen, fair play Liverboy.
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #258: Dec 14, 2009 05:56:01 am
      I feel well gutted! switched off the telly with 8 mins to go and hoping that liverpool will score.  Woke up and found that it did not happen.  Where o where are we going wrong??
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #259: Dec 14, 2009 06:12:14 am
      You would have been in for a nice surprise in Istanbul then.
      dizzy141
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 837 posts | 27 
      Reply #260: Dec 14, 2009 06:31:31 am
      F**k!!! I hate seeing my team like this. So gutted.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #261: Dec 14, 2009 06:50:30 am
      Its hard to accept defeats after defeats but to lose faith in the team and turn our backs is really a shame.Instead of jumping on the bandwagon with the people who relish seeing us in the dumps(skysports pundits et al) because we have been so good for such a long time,we need to analyse the situation with an open mind.Indeed that second half performance was as insipid as it gets but what can you expect from a team that has been losing games after games and with players coming back from injuries,they are bound to be short on sharpness and confidence.
      However if you sit down for a moment with all the negativity out of your mind and think,this game could have so much turned out to be like the Real Madrid game had Torres taken his early chance and after that if ref had given us the clear penalty.The only difference this time being
      a)Torres was out for a long time and was expectedly not at his best.
      b)Luck deserted us once again like it has for the whole of the season.

Nothing has changed,its the same manager and the same set of players who almost won us the league last season.Lets just hope this Christmas gives us the opportunity to string together a series of wins which would enable the players to start believing in themselves once again.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #262: Dec 14, 2009 08:12:48 am
       Of course I am disappointed with the result but whatever the outcome this season nothing will ever stop me supporting my club L.F.C..I will not criticise individual players but against Arsenal some players should be ashamed to collect their wages this week.I feel the man who could of made a difference was sitting in the crowd and it was Alonso,he must still have feelings for this club or why would he bother traveling from Spain.
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #263: Dec 14, 2009 09:15:02 am
      You would have been in for a nice surprise in Istanbul then.

Watched that one mate, unforgettable night.
      Scott Barton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,552 posts |
      Reply #264: Dec 14, 2009 09:27:11 am

As usual I don’t like commenting on the game after its happened, so in reflection this morning im sick and tired of this crap. Im going to be at anfield, even if we were 15th In the league needing to beat Hull to not go down or whatever but for a club of our prestige and after seeing all the tributes and videos to the great Bill Shankley, none of them 11 would survive under shankly, not one! We rolled over and let them tickle our bellies second half because we looked quite good in the first half, I try and think who is to blame for all this but you know I cant put the sole blame on to the owners, Rafa has to take some of this flack but he has yet to coem out and admit anything. We came back to our usual crap second half, im not the least bit happy with things, the season started yesterday and it’s the same crap. Arsenal didn’t look that great to me either

Its annoying as hell, really need to beat Wigan for fucks sake cant believe we are needing to beat Wigan to start our season again. Its mid december and we are level on points with Birmingham, well that’s just crap isnt it! We are below par, and I want to see some pride if nothing else installed in our club, fucks sake Liverpool do it for Shankly!
      RedLFCBlood
      Liverpool are suffering from a crisis of confidence, admits Rafa Benitez
      Reply #265: Dec 14, 2009 09:48:49 am
      Liverpool are suffering from a crisis of confidence, admits Rafa Benitez

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-are-suffering-from-a-crisis-of-confidence-admits-Rafa-Benitez-article256371.html

Rafa Benitez admits his Liverpool players are suffering from a crisis of confidence after their season lurched to a new low.

Liverpool threw away victory after being in control against Arsenal at Anfield to sink to the 10th defeat of their miserable campaign.

Glen Johnson scored an own goal before Andrey Arshavin bagged the winner and Benitez says his players are suffering.

"We played so well in the first half," said the downbeat Liverpool boss. "We were on top of the game.

"Then we started the second half with the own goal and everything changed. You could see the confidence was low. We were giving the ball away and it was the opposite of the first half.

"We were without any confidence, we weren't passing the ball. It's not a question of quality, it's a question of confidence.

"We have had too many problems this season and the own goal was another one. Sometimes it's difficult to keep confidence high when this is happening."

Benitez felt his side paid the price for not adding to Dirk Kuyt's opener and Fernando Torres missed a great chance and Steven Gerrard was robbed of a penalty when he was felled by William Gallas.

"It was 100 per cent a penalty," said Benitez. "It does not matter if the ball was away, if it's a foul, it's a penalty. Always these decisions make a massive difference.

"Maybe we needed the second goal to keep the advantage."

Liverpool are languishing seventh, with just four wins from their last 15 games, but Benitez refused to admit they were out of the title race.

He is just concentrating on Wednesday's home clash with Wigan and the chance to get three points to ease the crisis at Anfield.

"For me, I just take it one game at a time," he said. "I can't say anything else. I have to be realistic. Our target is Wigan, nothing else.

"We have to keep going and try to improve. If we play at the same level as we did in the first half, then I'm sure we will win more games

"The players are disappointed and we have to start working with them in training in the morning in the right way.

"You can see some players coming back and they will improve their match fitness.

"That was the positive and the negative was the lack of confidence in the second half."
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #266: Dec 14, 2009 10:46:27 am
      Arsenal didn’t look that great to me either

Thats the annoying thing for me, they won the game but didnt really do much to get the result. Arshavin was in the game 4 times, 1 goal and 3 fouls, the others done F**k all. Gutted we lost.

We really have to stop saying "we start next game" the games are running out.
      Have to say as well that our bench looked wrong. 4 defenders, 1 striker, 1 midfilder.

Where was Pacheco and Babel, is Babel still injured..??
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #267: Dec 14, 2009 10:49:28 am
      This was a game of two halves . First , awesome , second , sh*t . I thought we'd go with the same mentality in oth halves , WTF happened ?

'm tired of all this sh*t from Rafa , Dirk and Cara " we'll fix this , we'll make it right next game " well they are not doing that to much talk nothing is being done on the field ! People are blaming left and right , : Rafa , Lucas , Aquilani , Alonso , Owners ! But it is the team as a whole who is wrong , ll b fully fit ! I'm tired of telling myself " we'll do better next game , we'll win for sure next game ,  " I don't know how many time I've told myself these things ! I've had enough of this sh*t motto we have of ' 45 mins you can win a game' or ' we're one goal up , lets not concede ' . I wont bother saying what we must do because everyone knows .
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #268: Dec 14, 2009 10:56:42 am
      I'm holding back from posting until I've calmed down, could be a while. All I will say is that Rafa got what he deserved and as you can see from my sig, I usually back him.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Liverpool are suffering from a crisis of confidence, admits Rafa Benitez
      Reply #269: Dec 14, 2009 11:28:49 am
      Right, so what do we do?

The dogs in the street know we lack confidence and Rafa seems insistent that it's "It's not a question of quality". I would beg to differ but let's go along with that for now. What can we do to instill confidence? Is the answer really "working with them in training in the morning"?

Surely it's been like this for weeks and surely we've been working with them in training to try to rectify it. More of the same doesn't cut it, i'm afraid. Time for a few asses to be kicked and a change of tack all F***ing 'round.

It is broke - do fix it.
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #270: Dec 14, 2009 11:33:30 am

Best post of the season so far.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #271: Dec 14, 2009 12:25:53 pm
      ratings for this game against arsenal in the times web site are as follows
      gerrad 6 mash 6 all the other players 5
      arsenal had 5 players who had seven
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #272: Dec 14, 2009 12:34:35 pm
      Right, so what do we do?

The dogs in the street know we lack confidence and Rafa seems insistent that it's "It's not a question of quality". I would beg to differ but let's go along with that for now. What can we do to instill confidence? Is the answer really "working with them in training in the morning"?

Surely it's been like this for weeks and surely we've been working with them in training to try to rectify it. More of the same doesn't cut it, I'm afraid. Time for a few asses to be kicked and a change of tack all f**king 'round.

It is broke - do fix it.

exactly, as it has been going on for so long, I am starting to worry whether Rafa can fix it and I wonder if he can actually pinpoint what is going on with the team.

just saw a bit of Ian St. John on Sky after the game and I think  how devastated he looked appliied to most if not all of us.
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Reply #273: Dec 14, 2009 12:37:11 pm
      Hmmmm, Rafa seems to be losing favour by some of his die hards on here, well I hate to say I told you so 6 weeks ago.... but the excuses are wearing thin, that for example was his strongest team minus one player today, and they mustered 1 shot on target in the whole 2nd half attacking the kop (not that that matters for much anymore, fans were propper sh*te!!!!!!!!)

Yeah excuses running thin, and I think Ian St John summed it up perfectly, when he almost broke down on SKY, and he is right, on Wednesday, if we fail to defeat Wigan, headlines will be made, on Bill Shankly night of all nights.

As for you f**king deluded cu*ts who try to shoot anyone down with a differing opinion, I've already had my say, grow the f**k up.

You grow the f**k up. Can you just get behind the team and judge when judgements need to be done. Right now LFC needs nothing from you but support. When we will need to assess our season we will do so. We are not even half way yet!

We are 5pts behind 4th spot. As for the blah blah about our strongest team that was our first match together! We were OK first 45mins. So we can do it for a whole match. We have a strong team we just need more luck with injuries and get more time together.

Do whats best for your club. Support it. Any judgement now is just going to add to the media pressure and create more trouble. Thats my 2 cents
      nickykop
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 156 posts |
      Reply #274: Dec 14, 2009 01:03:11 pm
      Gutted.

First half, showed how we can play. We pressed better then any team has this year. Masch showed why Barca want him so bad. Even Lucas played well. Aurelio showed why Insua needs to stay on the bench. Agger and Carra looked assured for first time this season.

But we knew Arsenal were gonna come out better the second half, and they did. And we stopped pressing. Lucas went missing, again.

Arsharvin is the new bloody Viduka against us. Always pops up for one moment in the game and punishes us.

F**k what the media say, F**k what all you rafa-hater's say. We are still in it, and I wouldnt be surprised if we come 3rd or 2nd.

YNWA KEEP THE FAITH
      Scott Barton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,552 posts |
      Reply #275: Dec 14, 2009 01:24:12 pm

Gutted.

First half, showed how we can play. We pressed better then any team has this year. Masch showed why Barca want him so bad. Even Lucas played well. Aurelio showed why Insua needs to stay on the bench. Agger and Carra looked assured for first time this season.

But we knew Arsenal were gonna come out better the second half, and they did. And we stopped pressing. Lucas went missing, again.

Arsharvin is the new bloody Viduka against us. Always pops up for one moment in the game and punishes us.

F**k what the media say, F**k what all you rafa-hater's say. We are still in it, and I wouldnt be surprised if we come 3rd or 2nd.

YNWA KEEP THE FAITH

Optimism is essential for any football club, i do believe that concentrating on anything but getting in to europe whether it be just 4th has to be the target and nothing more, despite wanting us to do the best because thats the given, thinking we are that goos and we could finish 2nd this season can lead to mass disullusion which isnt good for any team

Keep the focus and keep the faith and dont bother coming wednesday tourists/moaning bas**rds

YNWA for Shankley

Quick Reply