Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Liverpool 1-2 Arsenal: Post Match

Read 35182 times
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #46: Dec 13, 2009 06:03:50 pm
      This is the season from hell we've even lost more games in the league than Stoke that is not including the 3 in the Champions League and 1 in the League Cup to be honest this is the worst run I can remember in 25 years following Liverpool.

same here, even when times were bad in the past we showed some fight, today once Arsenal scored we seemed to
      lose all confidence and ended up going out without even a whimper
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #47: Dec 13, 2009 06:03:54 pm
      F**k me. No one is allowed to voice their opinion. You lot got this like the new world order in here. Either agree with us or we will black ball you. I have an opinion. I'm so sorry I have one. My opinion (seeming as this is a FORUM) is that we are not good enough for fourth. Thats plain to see. I hope we can get rid of some dead wood in Jan and bring in 1,2 players that can do the business

5 points off 4th with 22 games left.

Those who are saying fourth place has gone need their head examining.
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts | -8 
      Reply #48: Dec 13, 2009 06:04:13 pm
      5 points off 4th with 22 games left.

Those who are saying fourth place has gone need their head examining.
      I agree - very long way to go but it's a high mountain, something will go our way soon.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #49: Dec 13, 2009 06:04:17 pm
      I just hope to F**k that the 2nd half of the season is going to be nothing like this.
      fins
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts |
      Reply #50: Dec 13, 2009 06:04:28 pm
      Pish, pure pish, spineless and clueless.

Listen lads, we've run out of excuses at an alarming rate. That was pretty much our 'strongest' XI out there today.

Individually and collectively we wilted in an alarming way. Time for Rafa to earn his corn (if he can) and do whatever it takes to jolt these over-paid, under preforming f**king pansies into reality.

exactly man.. he needs to get them to get their fingers out.. no excuse for the way they folded today..surely they are fit enough
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool v Arsenal
      Reply #51: Dec 13, 2009 06:05:15 pm
      Thought Masch was brilliant today, we need investment in January. We need a top class Left and right midfielder and someone up front but look we say it every week it is not going to happen.
      u1m81
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 164 posts | -1 
      Reply #52: Dec 13, 2009 06:05:16 pm
      honestly cant see how with the same players on the pitch the team played so differently in the 2nd half.... dont think arsenal did much special or show signs of being stand out better....
      4th, its still possible, but i dont see it if we keep on putting in bad performances like this, major underperformance from alot of players today.

jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,335 posts | 184 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #53: Dec 13, 2009 06:05:30 pm
      I'm just... I don't know.

I'm just I don't know.

At times I even had to convince myself that they were playing football and that what I was seeing plays was liverpool.

By the way, you know what's sad? People arguing here about not getting to the fourth place. I mean, it's sad for them because of not supporting the team and being real fans, but what I really think is sad is that someone might even think of because it is indeed possible. It just shouldn't happen.

I'll just keep on supporting even if I feel like I'm walking towards a cliff.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #54: Dec 13, 2009 06:05:39 pm
      Pish, pure pish, spineless and clueless.

Listen lads, we've run out of excuses at an alarming rate. That was pretty much our 'strongest' XI out there today.

Individually and collectively we wilted in an alarming way. Time for Rafa to earn his corn (if he can) and do whatever it takes to jolt these over-paid, under preforming f**king pansies into reality.

Exactly.

We came out after half time and bottled it.

It's our fault. At 1-1 what did we show? No fight whatsoever to regain the lead. Similar at 2-1 as well.

I wouldn't say we deserved to lose, but we lost the spirit, determination and belief and fell apart after Johnson's OG.

This is Liverpool Football Club and is not acceptable at all.
      JoeyLFC
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 520 posts |
      Reply #55: Dec 13, 2009 06:05:41 pm
      I don't know any more. I just don't know
      babel99
      • Banned

• 141 posts | -24 
      Re: Liverpool 1-2 Arsenal: Post Match
      Reply #56: Dec 13, 2009 06:07:39 pm
      Dig at me for 4th spot but everyweek we lose or draw so right now i'm correct in saying 4th spot is too far away for us
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #57: Dec 13, 2009 06:09:30 pm
      Dig at me for 4th spot but everyweek we lose or draw so right now i'm correct in saying 4th spot is too far away for us

What are you achieving? Pray tell.

Are you one of these that wants it to happen so you can say "told you so"?

Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #58: Dec 13, 2009 06:09:45 pm
      Why do the players do this to themselves?? They start off so well, and then suddenly when something goes against us and we concede, it seems like they just give up.

I have no idea what is going on this season. Its really saddening.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #59: Dec 13, 2009 06:11:01 pm
      I just hope to F**k that the 2nd half of the season is going to be nothing like this.

Same here mate. Pretty devastated right now.

What makes it worse is that the first half was great stuff by us. From the first whistle of the second half, we came out too casual. Sat off them.

It was like we thought we already had it won.

I thought our fans in the second half were garbage too.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #60: Dec 13, 2009 06:11:13 pm
      One of the worst things is that in the past I have watched Liverpool go 1 or 2 up and I think - this is it!

This season however - the complete opposite. I just have no idea what's going on.
      fins
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts |
      Reply #61: Dec 13, 2009 06:11:20 pm
      1st 11 played today.. Gerard was terrible today.. I can't explain it. Aquilani to start on wdnesday,,
      Never thought i would say this ut Lucas is our player of the year so far.. by a mile.. so strange that all our key players are so out of form..
      gerard, kuyt, benny, the whole defence
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #62: Dec 13, 2009 06:11:20 pm
      Vermaelen in the post match interview: "Gerrard shouldn't have gotten the penalty because the ball was miles away from him."
       :mad:  ::)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #63: Dec 13, 2009 06:11:24 pm
      Aquilani didn't do a lot when he came on did he?
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,335 posts | 184 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #64: Dec 13, 2009 06:11:29 pm
      Dig at me for 4th spot but everyweek we lose or draw so right now I'm correct in saying 4th spot is too far away for us

The only correct thing for you do to would be to shut up.

If you don't have the heart to support the team like a real fan (or a real man) then just don't come around here. Liverpool don't need fans like you, who talk about doom when we are playing bad and enjoy the wins as much as the next man. That is being a coward imho.

Fourth spot is not far. I think and I'm sure we'll get there. And hopefully even further up the table.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #65: Dec 13, 2009 06:11:50 pm

We'll find out at the end of the season.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #66: Dec 13, 2009 06:12:18 pm
      Same here mate. Pretty devastated right now.

What makes it worse is that the first half was great stuff by us. From the first whistle of the second half, we came out too casual. Sat off them.

It was like we thought we already had it won.

I thought our fans in the second half were garbage too.

Woeful. Absolutely woeful.

I didn't hear one thing in the second half besides 'Who the F**k are Liverpool?' and 'Arsenal! Arsenal! Arsenal!'
      babel99
      • Banned

• 141 posts | -24 
      Reply #67: Dec 13, 2009 06:12:25 pm
      What are you achieving? Pray tell.

Are you one of these that wants it to happen so you can say "told you so"?

I am voicing my opinion on a forum in which its sole purpose is for fans to come on and voice their opinions
      « Last Edit: Dec 13, 2009 06:14:16 pm by crouchinho »
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #68: Dec 13, 2009 06:12:29 pm
      Dig at me for 4th spot but everyweek we lose or draw so right now I'm correct in saying 4th spot is too far away for us

I genuinely cannot fathom what you're getting out of this? You seem rather pleased with yourself.

As RK said, there's a much longer way to until the end of the season than you're making out.   

Quick Reply