Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Liverpool 1-2 Arsenal: Post Match

Read 35164 times
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Re: Liverpool 1-2 Arsenal: Post Match
      Reply #230: Dec 13, 2009 11:12:00 pm
      I honestly don't know the answer to our problems ...the essence of our squad is good ,some of our players coming through are good ,if it wasn't for bad luck this season so far we would have no luck at all ,think we need help from piggin Merlin !!
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #231: Dec 13, 2009 11:12:56 pm
      So annoying we had the game in 1st half but then Johnson struck and bugger our heads just went down - confidence is really low plus a few other issues.  Can only assume Rafa's rallying cries aren't working at the moment.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #232: Dec 13, 2009 11:13:46 pm
      Maybe stick my post in the knee jerk thread but f**k this. 3 wins in 15 is not what I expect from my club. Not having 1 F***ing shot of note at the Kop end in 45 minutes is not what I expect from my club. This is not good enough. 1st half was ok but what the f**k was that second 45 about? For the 3rd time (maybe 4th) this season Ive been told by players and manager via the Lfc.tv website and the papers that "our season starts today" only to fall flat again.

Other teams suffer injury problems but pull results out so that excuse wears thin at this stage. The time for talking sh*te and posting crap is over we are in danger of not even qualifying for Europe next year never mind top 4.

Our manager and his players are better then what they are giving us but f**k me if they dont sort it out soon we are in danger of slipping.

CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #233: Dec 13, 2009 11:14:57 pm
      I honestly don't know the answer to our problems ...the essence of our squad is good ,some of our players coming through are good ,if it wasn't for bad luck this season so far we would have no luck at all ,think we need help from piggin Merlin !!

Confidence is rock bottom! they are not the feisty bunch of players of last season the mentality has changed  >:(
      Hagbard
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 140 posts |
      • Che was a red
      Reply #234: Dec 13, 2009 11:18:19 pm
      After the first half, I thought we'd walk it. Stupid own goal - if he'd left it alone, there was no danger. After that, the team just wilted, and that's unforgivable for a Liverpool team.
      And how the hell could Webb justify not giving the penalty? That was just incompetence. The man should be sent down to the Sunday dog-crap dodging leagues. His decision-making was poor, if not biased, throughout.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #235: Dec 13, 2009 11:32:01 pm
      Maybe stick my post in the knee jerk thread but f**k this. 3 wins in 15 is not what I expect from my club. Not having 1 f**king shot of note at the Kop end in 45 minutes is not what I expect from my club. This is not good enough. 1st half was ok but what the f**k was that second 45 about? For the 3rd time (maybe 4th) this season Ive been told by players and manager via the Lfc.tv website and the papers that "our season starts today" only to fall flat again.

Other teams suffer injury problems but pull results out so that excuse wears thin at this stage. The time for talking sh*te and posting crap is over we are in danger of not even qualifying for Europe next year never mind top 4.

Our manager and his players are better then what they are giving us but f**k me if they dont sort it out soon we are in danger of slipping.

You're right mate. We just have to take one game at a time now. Title's gone. Just got to keep supporting the club and the team.

Our time will come.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      Reply #236: Dec 13, 2009 11:38:01 pm
      Just got to keep supporting the club and the team.

Never in question mate.

But Im being honest im raging with our players and manager tonight. They all can give more and fu**ing should be for this club. I cant forgive not having a good effort on goal in a big game in 45 minutes. Sorry but im boiling
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #237: Dec 13, 2009 11:41:44 pm
      I totally agree with you mate. It's not enough.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #238: Dec 14, 2009 12:03:30 am
      Confidence is rock bottom! they are not the feisty bunch of players of last season the mentality has changed  >:(

You could tell after both goals, most of the outfield players heads went down, THE only player trying to motivate the team after both goals was Pepe Reina!!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #239: Dec 14, 2009 12:05:11 am
      Next 3 games

Wigan Home
      Pompey Away
      Wolves Home

If we dont achieve 9 points .... We are utterly sh*t.

That takes us to the half way stage right?

I think 3 wins is the minimum expected from those games.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #240: Dec 14, 2009 12:05:56 am

What's the maximum?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #241: Dec 14, 2009 12:06:55 am
      That takes us to the half way stage right?

Take the maximum 9 points from those games and it could paint a totally different picture not only in the league table but our form/fitness & consistency.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      Reply #242: Dec 14, 2009 12:07:07 am
      You could tell after both goals, most of the outfield players heads went down, THE only player trying to motivate the team after both goals was Pepe Reina!!

Sad to say thats a great call Huyton
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #243: Dec 14, 2009 12:20:10 am
      F**k this defeat just hurts so much for some reason I havent felt this bad after a defeat since the Athens final.

We must must must must turn it around wiht our next three games the players need to lift.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #244: Dec 14, 2009 12:22:41 am
      It isn't enough.

Any Liverpool team that thinks 45 minutes of a game is enough to get three points, needs a reality check.

I've heard a few people think it went downhill for us after that own goal went in? Well, I beg to differ. From the moment the lads crossed the white line in the second half, all that graft, determination and SPIRIT from the first half was alarmingly lacking. And for anyone who doesn't agree, take a look at the opening seconds of that first half and see the difference.

It was as clear as day in the opening minutes of the second half.

We came out casual in the second half. And that was criminal. Because from there it snowballed. The spirit receded, the confidence drained, we became unsure in challenges and the ball was better rid of than being wanted.

Some people may think that was tactics of Rafa. I think that's a load of nonsense. The players have instructions when they go on the pitch, but when they go on the pitch, they're on their own. From what I seen, they went out in that second half thinking the job was done. And it was clear to see from how casual they were in the opening minutes of the second half.

In fact, I'm certain I posted exactly that minutes after we kicked off the second half.

I'm still blazing. Those players need to remember who they are playing for.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #245: Dec 14, 2009 12:25:07 am

I'd make him captain.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #246: Dec 14, 2009 12:26:40 am
      I agree Kenny from the moment we kicked off in the second half our movement even seemed to change I remember saying to my old man we are too soft in the second half it isnt looking good.

CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #247: Dec 14, 2009 12:27:38 am
      Well the sloppy own goal says it all!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      Reply #248: Dec 14, 2009 12:30:04 am

Dont know if your on a wind up or not but you arent far wrong!
      It isn't enough.

Any Liverpool team that thinks 45 minutes of a game is enough to get three points, needs a reality check.

I've heard a few people think it went downhill for us after that own goal went in? Well, I beg to differ. From the moment the lads crossed the white line in the second half, all that graft, determination and SPIRIT from the first half was alarmingly lacking. And for anyone who doesn't agree, take a look at the opening seconds of that first half and see the difference.

It was as clear as day in the opening minutes of the second half.

We came out casual in the second half. And that was criminal. Because from there it snowballed. The spirit receded, the confidence drained, we became unsure in challenges and the ball was better rid of than being wanted.

Some people may think that was tactics of Rafa. I think that's a load of nonsense. The players have instructions when they go on the pitch, but when they go on the pitch, they're on their own. From what I seen, they went out in that second half thinking the job was done. And it was clear to see from how casual they were in the opening minutes of the second half.

In fact, I'm certain I posted exactly that minutes after we kicked off the second half.

I'm still blazing. Those players need to remember who they are playing for.

Fu**ing delighted to see a senior poster post that and not try to gloss over it with an"everything is rosey" post
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #249: Dec 14, 2009 01:00:04 am
      I suppose reality has set in now,
      its not such a bad thing, at least we will not have false hopes dashed of winning the league now, at least we know that we wont win it now.
      its a strange thing to say, but i wont be dissapointed now, because its now accepted.

IT has been a terrible season up to now, who would have thought it, we are in this together now, but i think we should simply put most of our efforts into the cups now.....yes even more than top 4, im sick of top 4, what reward is that....we need some silverware to show off, something to sing about, something to remember.

Dont know if your on a wind up or not but you arent far wrong!

Fu**ing delighted to see a senior poster post that and not try to gloss over it with an"everything is rosey" post
      ha ha, he is calling you senior rk, get yer pension in the morning lad!
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #250: Dec 14, 2009 01:04:33 am
      We just have to take one game at a time now. Title's gone. Just got to keep supporting the club and the team.

Our time will come.

Exactly mate... No matter what... will shall support our club at good or bad times

YNWA
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #251: Dec 14, 2009 01:17:08 am
      Hmmmm, Rafa seems to be losing favour by some of his die hards on here, well I hate to say I told you so 6 weeks ago.... but the excuses are wearing thin, that for example was his strongest team minus one player today, and they mustered 1 shot on target in the whole 2nd half attacking the kop (not that that matters for much anymore, fans were propper sh*te!!!!!!!!)

Yeah excuses running thin, and I think Ian St John summed it up perfectly, when he almost broke down on SKY, and he is right, on Wednesday, if we fail to defeat Wigan, headlines will be made, on Bill Shankly night of all nights.

As for you F***ing deluded cu*ts who try to shoot anyone down with a differing opinion, I've already had my say, grow the F**k up.
      Shakesy
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 81 posts |
      Reply #252: Dec 14, 2009 01:32:15 am
      Strongest team on paper maybe, but consider a lot of them aren't fully match fit. Also there's a big difference between our strongest xi playing the liverpool way and the strongest xi down in the dumps, no confidence, etc.

Need a major chin up.

Quick Reply