Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC director Tom Hicks Jnr abusive email, and resignation

Read 26681 times
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Re: LFC director Tom Hicks Jnr abusive email, and resignation
      Reply #161: Jan 11, 2010 09:57:50 pm
      What I would like to know is where as a group do the fans of LFC go from here in a way to make our voices heard, by the right people in a way that will effect the way our club is ran - ultimatly in the owners having to give greater transparancy, commiting to their promices and then keeping them or them leaving..!

Today I think we saw that with a little percistance a diffrence can be made. Now from reading these emails I would love to see how often this was sent to Jnr in order to get this reposnse. Once a day for a month, a year - longer?! Perhaps it was sent hundreds of times over a short period or even over a very long time?  Perhaps only once? I can only speculate...

But in my opinion we have seen something I have often said is not part of LFC - one person becoming as big as the club! Not a shareholder, not a player but a fan - a fan on a mission to solve our problems. And boy has he done us proud...

I dont think I can really grasp how much of a win we have actually had today... Snr must have spoke to Jnr and told him he has to stand down - or let one of hes lackies do the dirty work. Now I have worked with family, but this situation has never arisn. Can you imagine that conversation, just the emotion of telling your son he messed up so badly that he has to quit or he will be sacked. The fact that the whole of the football world is reporting on your son being a baffoon must hurt. Tonight there will definatly be tension in that house, jeebers just imagine what your wife would say after you told your son to resign...

Now I am not so stupid to think that Snr has put the club above his family, he has done what was needed in order to quash a full on riot next time he comes to the UK. has it worked, I think not... He proabbly thinks the problem has been solved - it has only just began in my opinion.

Today I think it has hit home that this club wont role over, even after a few years of protest - unlike ManUtd have. Now we have to take it to the next level...

The protests are fantastic - the days when they do turn up are amazing! I love to watch MOTD and hear the chants hours later being broadcast to the whole country. Brilliant, just brilliant... I can only wait for a more creative soul to come up with a little song directed at these clowns next time they come regarding this!!!

I wish I sent this email... But i can only dream - I want us all to have this impact, every day! So what do we do?
      shaunchef
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 746 posts | 11 
      • JFT96 YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #162: Jan 11, 2010 10:33:23 pm
      Don't let the door hit you on the way out c**t !
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,342 posts | 1526 
      Reply #163: Jan 11, 2010 10:57:42 pm
      Think it's time we got hold of that e mail address so we can all send Hicks and Gillette our warmest condolances.
      In our own special way of course.  All the sporting institutions they have their greasy little fingers in, must have fans forums we can join and keep bonbarding them with our dissatisfaction and hatred of these two tw*ts. Word would spread like wild fire around the States. It wouldn't take long for it to become a topic on major news bulletins and talk shows. I think I'll look for a few contact web sites to start the ball rolling. 
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #164: Jan 11, 2010 11:15:22 pm
      Hicks Jr has made an apology in the papers today.

2 words - Bull. sh*t.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #165: Jan 13, 2010 04:28:51 am
      Go F**k yourself Junior.

Anywone got Dumb and Dumbers e-mail addresses?

Maybe we could fire them up enough so they can send back a similiar reply to Juniors, thus making their positions untenable.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #166: Feb 17, 2010 07:20:09 pm
      I have no problem with them being American, I have no problem with them wanting to make a profit from what, for the, is a business investment.  I have a problem with them because they have lied to us on a consistent basis.  Time to get out Mr Hicks & Gillette.
      They've made it perfectly clear they don't give a flying F**k what the supporters think. There should be mass protests on the KOP every game, they cant throw everyone out!!

Quick Reply