Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

RATM - Christmas No. 1?

Read 7378 times
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Re: RATM - Christmas No. 1?
      Reply #23: Dec 20, 2009 07:14:26 pm
      X Factor's Joe McElderry brands Rage Against The Machine's 'Killing In The Name' 'dreadful'

X Factor winner Joe McElderry has branded Rage Against The Machine's 'Killing In The Name' "dreadful" after finally hearing his chart nemesis.

The star, who is currently 11,000 sales ahead of the Los Angeles band with 'The Climb', said he hated the track.

"They can't be serious!" he said. "I had no idea what it sounded like. It's dreadful and I hate it. How could anyone enjoy this? Can you imagine the grandmas hearing this over Christmas lunch?

"I wouldn't buy it. It's a nought out of ten from me. Simon Cowell wouldn't like it. They wouldn't get through to boot camp on The X Factor - they're just shouting."

Simon Cowell has already branded the Facebook campaign to get Rage Against The Machine to the UK singles Christmas Number One slot ahead of Joe McElderry "very Scrooge".

The X Factor mogul claimed that despite the campaign to get 'Killing In The Name' to the top spot the reality TV show winner would still be victorious.

Now, McElderry has defended Cowell and said his own track deserves to be Christmas Number One.

He told The Sun:"I think people are jumping on this to have a go at Simon and The X Factor rather than me. But Simon gives people a shot."

"I will be really disappointed if it doesn't go to No1 after all the effort I've put in to this and winning the show."

http://www.nme.com/news/rage-against-the-machine/48964

What a knob. Didn't need to say anything.

Plus, telling The sh*t? Get a grip.

... he speaks to the rag, 'nuff said.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #24: Dec 20, 2009 07:18:00 pm
      Ross I've taken that Scum quote out.

Other than that I'm F***ing made up that rock & roll truley prevails.  I couldn't give two shits about Joe - he's the most boring X Factor winner in years.

This hopefully is a rock and roll revolution and that all of those soft gets who's been bumming the X Factors winners tracks are in complete misery over hearing RATM's track.

This isn't the end ladies and gents.  ROCK & ROLL!
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #25: Dec 20, 2009 10:59:34 pm
      Even though I'm not a huge fan of RATM, I hate the X factor and Simon Cowell more. Add to that that this Joe bellend has gone and spoken to the S*n, I think i'll buy the RATM track.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #26: Dec 20, 2009 11:12:22 pm
      Rock on. I've never heard the song like, but rock on.

I also like Joe McElderberry bush.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #27: Dec 21, 2009 09:17:07 pm
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #28: Dec 21, 2009 09:33:40 pm
      Is right! :D

Tom Morello is a f*cking scouser!
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #29: Dec 21, 2009 10:17:58 pm
      Is right! :D

Tom Morello is a f*cking scouser!

You wish!  :D

That's pure rock attitude right there.
      xxLiverPrinc3ssxx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,018 posts | 62 
      • *****YNWA*****
      Reply #30: Dec 21, 2009 10:46:37 pm
      I don't like the fact that these lads are xmas number 1.
      I'm not keen on the X Factor taking it either, but I would have like to see a charity single like Peter Kay's song at number 1 for xmas.
      Ah well, it is what it is!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #31: Dec 21, 2009 11:57:47 pm
      Glad the X-Factor didn't get number 1 again but cant stand RATM.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #32: Dec 22, 2009 08:46:19 am
      but I would have like to see a charity single like Peter Kay's song at number 1 for xmas.
      Ah well, it is what it is!

£80k was raised via Facebook and RATM are donating a large portion of their royalties from 'Killing...' to the charity, for the homeless: Shelter. ;)

http://england.shelter.org.uk/news/december_2009/big_thanks_to_rage_against_the_machine_campaign!  
      « Last Edit: Dec 22, 2009 10:17:35 am by bad boy bubby »
      xxLiverPrinc3ssxx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,018 posts | 62 
      • *****YNWA*****
      Reply #33: Dec 22, 2009 08:31:44 pm
      £80k was raised via Facebook and RATM are donating a large portion of their royalties from 'Killing...' to the charity, for the homeless: Shelter. ;)

http://england.shelter.org.uk/news/december_2009/big_thanks_to_rage_against_the_machine_campaign

Well that's something at least.
      I stand corrected!  :f_whistle:
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #34: Dec 23, 2009 01:25:12 am
      Self indulgent sh*te, both songs.

Got X Factor saying follow your dream and you can acheive anything, which is not necessarily true, then you have RATM who are saying we are being controlled by the ruling class burgoisse.

I'm afraid the truth lies in the middle, of course people have obstacles put in their way, but it is also true that people shape their own lives, have their own ideas (however people try to change them). People choose to still read the s*n for instance when they know it is total sh*te, then whinge about being manipulated.

As for the Facebook group, it became obvious that people were in it to make themselves feel important, and to look "cool" as they were part of a revolutionary act, which most probably don't fully understand what they are protesting against.

Should just be left for people to decide, no gangs/cults/sects/groups, just left for the most popular track to be number one, which probably would be Cowell and the X factor. Why? Cos people like to here songs of hope, rather than neice rock music. Teens, mums and Grans, that is basically how the christmas number one is decided.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #35: Dec 23, 2009 11:12:43 am
      Should just be left for people to decide, no gangs/cults/sects/groups, just left for the most popular track to be number one, which probably would be Cowell and the X factor. Why? Cos people like to here songs of hope, rather than neice rock music. Teens, mums and Grans, that is basically how the christmas number one is decided.

Hmmm, "left for people to decide", eh. Well i guess that's just what happened young fields; "the people" who were manipulated by facebook bought more records than "the people" (Teens, Mums and Grans) who are constantly manipulated by the machine that is Cowell and X-Factor.

I'm sure wee Joe, (bless him), will have a great future on the back of his undeniable talent. When i say great future, i mean success, of course, something akin to the popularity, longevity, album sales and world-wide acclaim of RATM, not a future like that of Shayne Ward and Leon Jackson - the other 'blokes' that Cowell guided to X-Factor fame and Xmas number 1.

See, the thing is, i reckon "the people" knew exactly what they were rebelling against.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #36: Dec 24, 2009 03:51:25 am
      The difference is though Simon sets out a show which suits the mainstream pop market, people like it, so he provides it. If the majority of people like Hardcore Punk/Rock, he would probably cater for that, all Simon does is give the majority of the people what they want.

I am of the opinion that if alternative music was to become not so alternative, that it would lose its appeal. As it is people like to be seen to be different, it is cooler to like RATM than it is to like Joe Mcelderry, if you are teens through to 30 (and beyond for the old rockers out there :P).

It was basically TV Vs Internet, TV being majority older, internet being majority younger, the internet won, but I can be pretty sure that people who voted for Joe to win the X factor didn't do it to look "cool", whereas those who were part of the Facebook campaign, a vast amount of the members will have done it to feel a part of something, jump on the bandwagon, give them a feel of self importance, basically, they don't really have a problem with Cowell (I bet a few of them secretly watch the show regularly.)

I have no problem in admitting I find it quite entertaining, the key is to watch it for laughs and giggles, its a good timewaster before MOTD comes on :)
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #37: Dec 24, 2009 09:50:50 am
      I get your point about people watching X-Factor - up to £15m every week, we're told. A sad indictment then that only 450k of them could be arsed to buy the song.

If we're honest, the song is pish and was only bought by those that really don't like, or know, music. Setting aside RATM, it's a F***ing shame that sh*te music tops the charts simply because it's the X-Factor winner.

There are way better 'pop' songs on release that wee Joe's contrived, cynical, pish! Pop song's that deserve to sell more and are better crafted than that X-Factor sh*te.
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #38: Dec 26, 2009 10:19:52 pm
      Both songs are crap, should of gone to the muppets cover of Boheiman Rhapsody! Was brill!

Quick Reply