Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Can Americans get an E/Card or Fancard?

Read 2986 times
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Can Americans get an E/Card or Fancard?
      Dec 16, 2009 02:22:01 am
      As an American with a mailing address in the states. Can I get a Fancard or E/card? I read the "Important Topics" section regarding the ticket allotment and sales and I am still kind of lost ie; Ballots, specific purchase dates, all the different membershio options and levels etc..

My Issue is getting ripped off and I dont want to pay for those package deals with rooms and tix.   If I make a once in a lifetime, dream trip to Anfield, I'm going to drink a sh*t load of Pints at the "The Albert" and sit in the KOP.

What are the chances of me getting tix to the KOP END?  I don't want tix in the Away end. Which I'm told some of the special package deals through these travel companies do. They promise tix but sit you in a sh*t section and being a Liverpool Supporter I'm not stupid enough to sit in the "Away End".

I would like to plan a nice trip and catch a home and home double, stay for a week at most. Maybe even a home and away trip, If I can hook up with a supporters club going to an away match.  I dont care if its LFC vs Bolton or Wigan or a Man U or Everton match.  If I get the Tix I don't care about anything else. I'll sleep in the train station If I have too or a tent in an alley or park somewhere, I dont care.  I'll probably have about $1200.00 US for 7 days, food, Pints, Tix and hotel.  I would even work a job for a week if it gave me a place to sleep and shower.

On top of this I need to find "CHEAP" airfare also.

I dont want to finally get to Liverpool and then sit outside the KOP in the parking lot with a bogus ticket or NO ticket.

Any Ideas or recommendations?  Someone told me to contact LFC directly, their fan representatives and explain the situation and they may help me.  Is this true?  Would they do that.  I don't want a handout or looking for free sh*t, just correct tix and proper seats for decent price.
      « Last Edit: Dec 16, 2009 02:42:56 am by YANK_LFC_FAN »
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Re: Can Americans get an E/Card or Fancard?
      Reply #1: Dec 16, 2009 05:26:11 am
      http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/fans/membership/aib-association-of-international-branches/region/11/united-states-of-america

I believe contacting the official fan clubs in the above link is the best way to go about. They are directly connected to Liverpool Football Club and can help you apply for tickets, if you are a member of the official fan club. Make sure that you contact the 'official' fan clubs - the links are above, as it is the safest channel by which you can get your tickets.

I've never watched a game at Anfield, but that said, the best way here in Singapore is to contact the official fan club which will help you apply for tickets to watch games at Anfield. I think the chances of success in getting a ticket is higher as well.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #2: Dec 16, 2009 03:02:45 pm
      I've never watched a game at Anfield, but that said, the best way here in Singapore is to contact the official fan club which will help you apply for tickets to watch games at Anfield. I think the chances of success in getting a ticket is higher as well.

Not right that, if its at the expense of locals.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #3: Dec 16, 2009 03:08:26 pm

Now now Liverpool are a globally recognised football club with a globally recognised fan base, Kudo's to any supporter who is going to make a zillion mile round journey to see the team they love and support, theres a place for everyone at Anfield.

If only we had the new stadium perhaps there would not be so many locals having this stance on this scenario.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #4: Dec 16, 2009 04:17:30 pm

Well at least it seems to me that its right, some members of the fan club committee here decided to go for the games, first against Lyon then Man Utd at Anfield, about 2 months ago. The thing is, they went in a big group of about 7-8 people and all of them got tickets for both games.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,630 posts | 6940 
      Reply #5: Dec 17, 2009 08:57:53 am
      YANK LFC Fan, I don't believe there is anything stopping you being a member of the All Red LFC Membership.

However, I'd imagine you would be better ensuring whoever gets your tickets gets them delivered over here. ;)

it would certainly give you a better chance of getting a match ticket.

Quick Reply