Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Congratulations from a sad hammer

Read 5140 times
      Cliff the Hammer
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 8 posts |
      May 13, 2006 06:27:04 pm
      Hi Guys

I couldn't get tickets in the end so watched the game in the pub (as you do) with Hammers and Pool fans and just wanted to say many congratulations to you and what a great final.

Steven Gerrard was immense and the only difference between the teams I reckon.

Well done and I am dead proud of our boys even though the result went against us in the end.

Cheers

Cliff
      Rushie
      • Forum John Toshack

• 255 posts | -3 
      Reply #1: May 13, 2006 06:43:53 pm
      Well said Cliff...

It was a really great game, and you had us on the ropes.  I am obviously delighted we won, after coming back from the dead twice - but your lot did really well.  It was a bit of a shame that a great goal in extra time didn't win it.

Well done Stevie G, and Jose Reina who was magnificent in the shoot-out.

Another trophy for the cabinet - see you lot at the parade tomorrow.
      Tony the Hammer
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Yesterday
      Reply #2: May 14, 2006 10:53:11 am
      Just wanted to say from a West Ham perspective that as disappointed as I am to have lost yesterday I am consoled by the fact that it was to a proper football club and not those plastic Russians from West London for example. Yesterdays game epitimised all that is good about our 2 clubs. Football played in the proper way. No diving or cheating. Goals. More importantly two sets of the best supporters, bar none, in England.

As for the game, we went to Cardiff yesterday not really expecting to beat the reigning European Champions and determined to enjoy the day. We had had the awful pressure of the play-off finals for the past 2 years at Cardiff and this was different. There was no Premiership place to play for and UEFA Cup football was guaranteed whatever. We sang our hearts out and I have a very sore throad this morning. So, to find ourselves 2-0 up was dreamland to say the least. Good goal from Cisse. Then that man Stevie G. He is awesome. I am SO glad he is English and you are so lucky to have him at your club. We were amost as chuffed as you that he did not join the Russians last summer. He is 5 times the player Lampard is.

Then we got a fluke goal from Konch and started to think that perhaps it was our day. 4 minutes of injury time signalled - then that man again. What a goal. Two keepers would not have stopped that shot.

We had a glorious chance to win it when Reina had tipped Reo-Cokers header onto the post, but Harewood could hardly walk, let alone position his body to finish the chance. So to penalties. To be honest you have so many big game players and we have kids. We sort of knew that we would lose that shoot-out. So, well done Liverpool. It was a pleasure to have participated in what they are saying is the best post-war final since the Matthews final in 1953. There can only be one winner on the pitch and it was you. Off the pitch both Liverpoool FC and West Ham United FC are BOTH winners. Good luck next season.
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #3: May 14, 2006 11:15:53 am
      Well said Tony and Cliff - a lot of mutual respect between both clubs and sets of fans - both as passionate about their clubs.

Am looking forward to watching it again this afternoon.

Good luck West Ham in Europe next season - if you play anywhere near as good as you did yesterday you will do yourselves proud.
      sirgeoff
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #4: May 14, 2006 11:18:45 am

Just want to say congratulations to Liverpool.  It was great to be drinking before the match yesterday with your supporters (like ours, you are proper supporters).  What a final, you can go on and challenge Chelsea next year, we have to start again, hopefully buy some decent players to improve our squad and concentrate on establishing ourselves in the premiership.  I'm proud of West Ham and what they have achieved this season but just wanted to say there were 2 great teams out there yesterday.  Now we just want a certain player called Gerrard to take that form into the world cup.  Good luck Liverpool and even better luck West Ham.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #5: May 14, 2006 11:49:26 am
      thanks west Ham fans, its a pleasure to have been associated with yourselves, and not that bunch of blue crap across London  !!  A really good game of football and commiserations to you, your lads played out of their skins, they are a credit to you.  Cheers guys, good luck for next season.
      nigel reo-C
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #6: May 14, 2006 12:08:03 pm
      as another Hammer that has wandered on here, I would just like to add to the other comments from my fellow fans.
      What a pity that all football, and all fans cannot be like the examples we witnessed yesterday.
      Like all Hammers, I was gutted to lose yesterday but at least it was to another team that also knows the meaning of football and is not comprised of a bunch of prima donna diving cheats and a manager who is not afraid to praise his opponents when neccessary.
      Thanks as well to all the nice scousers who have wandered over to us to say some very nice things.
      Look after that cup though - cos we're coming to get it next year
      Good old JC
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 289 posts | -1 
      Reply #7: May 14, 2006 12:17:25 pm
      respect for the hammers they put up a good fight enjoy european football as the reds always do!
      Hammer76
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #8: May 14, 2006 03:12:43 pm
      Just like to echo what my fellow hammers have said about your club and fans. I dont think we could have had that atmosphere with any other set of fans. We had a cracking day out and even had a good sing along with the Liverpool fans waiting outside the station after the game.

Good luck next season.
      Pablo
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 100 posts | -1 
      Reply #9: May 14, 2006 08:29:05 pm
      I'd like to say thanks to all the Hammers fans for being so sporting . It makes a change to talk to proper footie fans instead of the other lot . My mates who were out in Cardiff last night said the atmosphere was boss and the West Ham fans were Brilliant .
       What a f***in' Final again ! West Ham were fantastic , playing well above their position . One consolation for you Hammers - the last time that happened to us , we were playing AC Milan , so consider yourselves right back in there with the top teams in Europe .
       Do they have to keep doing that to us ? Can't we have a nice quiet final for a change where the fans aren't having heart attacks at various stages of the game? Do we always have to go 2 or 3 goals down ? Does Rafa say "Have a bit of a nap in the first half , give them a few goals and then we'll think about what to do next at half time " Is that Rafa's cup final pre-match talk ?
      Would you have it any other way ? Not A f***in Chance !!

Good luck to the Hammers next season in the UEFA Cup
      TN GERRARD is a LEGEND
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #10: May 14, 2006 08:45:15 pm
      great sportsman ship unlike dem russian and french and dem mancs dat think they are quality

one last thing GERRARD is da best player you will ever see (quality goals)
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #11: May 15, 2006 08:52:59 am
      Well done west ham, its alrady been said loads of times BUT what a brilliant final!!! Both teams can be proud and all the best to the hammers in europe next season.

Stevie G....... What can you say about him??

HERO!
      Football Mental
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #12: May 16, 2006 03:18:47 pm
      It's always nice to hammer a hammer!

WORLD CUP ANTHEM:

http://www.myspace.com/11men

Quick Reply