Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Portsmouth 2-0 Liverpool: Post Match Depression

Read 33596 times
      alliphone
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts | -32 
      Re: Portsmouth 2-0 Liverpool: Post Match Depression
      Reply #253: Dec 20, 2009 03:41:23 am
      And I don't understand why he put Dossena?
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #254: Dec 20, 2009 03:43:09 am
      And I don't understand why he put Dossena?

Put Dossena what? On the back of a donkey?
      ssr.w
      • Forum David Johnson

• 245 posts |
      • Liverbird tattoed in my heart!
      Reply #255: Dec 20, 2009 03:46:10 am
      I'm really tired of Rafa's words.. we must improve, we must improve, but the team is playing worse and worse.. I'm hurt inside and I always want the best for us, but this team seems to think different..

how long will I have to wait for the good times to come?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #256: Dec 20, 2009 03:50:34 am

No he was gonna say "I don't understand why he put Dossena down" but in answer to this question, it was in everyones best interests, he was of no use to even himself, so Rafa did the right thing and had him put down.

Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #257: Dec 20, 2009 03:52:12 am
      No he was gonna say "I don't understand why he put Dossena down" but in answer to this question, it was in everyones best interests, he was of no use to even himself, so Rafa did the right thing and had him put down.

Tickled me that.

He's living in a box. He's living in a cardboard box.
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #258: Dec 20, 2009 04:31:34 am
      I think we all are losing the plot.  We meaning the players, fans, coaches, everyone involved with LFC.  There are some intresting points in this thread like, why not 4-4-2, drop Kyut, bad tactical play by Rafa, no fire in belly, the list can go on and on....

So we seriously need to get back to the plot by carefully introspecting all the things that needs to be introspected.  Which clearly imo is not being done.

Come on all the people involved please get it sorted.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #259: Dec 20, 2009 05:09:46 am
      Avoided talking about the game last night like the plague. Didn't even think about it to be honest.

What's there to think about?

Wouldn't have mattered who Rafa put on that pitch yesterday. Because the team ethic was severely lacking. So many times it seemed like 'I don't want the ball, do you want it? - No I don't want the ball, you have it back. - Oh alright then, I'll just get rid.'

Pure lack of bottle and spirit.

There's only so much Rafa can say to rally the troops. Once they go into the trenches, it's up to them to fight.

Our players need to take a long hard look at themselves. And realise who they are letting down. If they can't, either drop them or get shut.
      LFCMau
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,747 posts | 11 
      • 100% LFC, without doubt!
      Reply #260: Dec 20, 2009 06:18:38 am
      *No comments*, can't say much cause feeling so down and disappointed by the results.. :(
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #261: Dec 20, 2009 06:51:39 am
      Very poor performance.

There was hardly any show of spirit from the players, there was no desire, no push. In previous seasons the players would fight until the end. Where has it all gone too?

But simply put, you play poorly like that, then you don't deserve to win.

Come on you Red men, buck up, BUCK UP!!  :f_steam:
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #262: Dec 20, 2009 08:02:25 am
      50 years of supporting this team-I've never known them this bad. even in the second division days before Shanks .At least we had heart then.Not a lot of skill ,but they at least had bottle.That was a totallly spineless effort made worse by mascherano's disgusting challenge. We've never had to play dirty to win-ever! Benitez 's  pathetic efforts to blame the referee only made me despise him even more. His  team selections are completely bizarre.Too many mediocre players playing a system that is set in concrete-like the players' feet. Don't even think about top 4-Benitez's guarantee isn't worth a piece of sh*t. 
      I was around during our second division days and I have a slightly different recollection of those days than you do.I recall 1953/4 and 1954/5 when we were relegated and finished 11th in the second division,they were not happy days I can assure you.You have evidently forgotten when Don Welsh was our manager and he had to be replaced by another of our loyal players in Phil Taylor who was a temporary manager and was given the job on a full time basis and was replaced by Shanks.Back on topic,the standard of football we played was rubbish ,and some of our players should be ashamed to pick up their wages.I do not believe Mascherano should of been given a red card,he certainly should of been given a yellow.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #263: Dec 20, 2009 08:17:42 am
      Well said Billy,a lot of people tend to forget the past and only think of now.I know it hurts a lot of us to see our team going through this and our supporters,we should be as days gone by getting right behind the manager and all our players whats gone has gone and it can't be changed.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #264: Dec 20, 2009 08:29:37 am
      Severely depressed, its my bday today and all I wanted was the 3 points.

Trying to block this crisis out of my mind but its just too hard to ignore, our players need to take a good hard look at themselves.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,327 posts | 181 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #265: Dec 20, 2009 08:42:01 am
      well i was watching the game with my dad... i got up a 7:30 to see it.

we got 1 down and i told my dad you know this is liverpool, we'll get back in the game and win it.

then the first time ended and i was like hanging my hope from the kind of istambul feling we always had.

then i saw kuy kicking the ball like a F***ing mule for like 4 times in a row with all the team running like headless chickens when my father said 'jez, this looks like peruvian football...only those guys are wearing a liverpool shirt. i'd be ashamed to go to the stadium and see that.'

'nough said i think, sums it up.
      sadest thing is it didn't hurt me anymore, almost felt like it was normal

BUT, on the brisght side, i don't think we can play any worse, we can only improve from this game. I mean there's no lower point than that. Not for Liverpool at least.
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #266: Dec 20, 2009 08:42:23 am

Trying to block this crisis out of my mind but its just too hard to ignore, our players need to take a good hard look at themselves.

That's very unfortunate to hear; to be depressed on your own birthday. Cheer up and have a drink. Happy birthday mate.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #267: Dec 20, 2009 08:51:39 am
      That's very unfortunate to hear; to be depressed on your own birthday. Cheer up and have a drink. Happy birthday mate.

Cheers mate I had an awesome night out in town but seeing that result put some gloom on it.
      sivapc
      • Banned

• 238 posts | -25 
      Reply #268: Dec 20, 2009 09:28:53 am

Happy Birthday..

let us forget yesterday and look forward to the 2nd half of the season. we have always been good in the 2nd half of the season
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #269: Dec 20, 2009 10:41:58 am
      Another dreadful performance, getting bit tired of the same old Rafa quotes after the games too.....

Let's face it...we were 1-0 down without a single shout on target when Masch got the red. It's no good controlling the game in your own 3rd
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,285 posts | 763 
      Reply #270: Dec 20, 2009 10:54:57 am
      Watched the game on-line must admit the Reds were awful! seem to be going backwards at present. The way that we are playing at the moment fear that Liverpool could easily slip into the second half of the table by the New Year. Trouble is have no idea what the answer is apart from having too many sub standard players in the side.
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #271: Dec 20, 2009 11:13:39 am
      I think that the players need a reminder that the January transfer window is coming.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #272: Dec 20, 2009 11:13:58 am
      Not sure what to say about this game or the season so far.

Feelings and emotions switch from utter depression, frustration, disappointment, disgust, annoyance and the scariest bit is I'm worried.  Really worried!

Worried where we could actually finish up this season, not seen anyone post this thought but we could, if this rot doesn't stop soon find ourselves in a relegation battle.

I know some of you will say this is a knee jerk reaction and yes yesterday I thought the same thing myself so didn't post anything.  In fact I didn't come on the forum yesterday for that reason.  I needed time to try to rationalise my thoughts but after a very restless nights sleep I'm still worried.

We are the same distance from the bottom as the top of the division, I see teams like Hull, Burnley, Stoke, Birmingham playing with more heart, passion and belief than we are showing and more worryingly they are playing better football than us.  It's quite possible that come the New Year we could be in the bottom half.

Absolutely we need changes but the biggest change for me has to be the players attitude.  Watching us throughout the season we are playing like a group of strangers.  Passes into space are doing exactly that going into a space where a player should be but they aren't.  Players on the ball are losing it as there is nobody free to pass it to and nobody is telling them "man on".  We are running round like headless chickens and everybody is blaming everyone else, there seems to be no communication and nobody wants the ball so they can't be blamed for losing it.  

Somebody mentioned bringing in a consultant to assess the team/players and this was quite rightly shot down by another poster, but surely somebody like Kenny should and could be be having a quiet word without it undermining Rafa.  I know Rafa's stubburn but even he must be wondering what the hell's gone wrong and more importantly what the hell's he going to do about it.

I'm not being negative as such as I still believe we can get out of this mess but we have to start soon or it might be too late.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #273: Dec 20, 2009 11:20:09 am

Voronin was on the pitch too ?
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #274: Dec 20, 2009 11:23:28 am

:lmao: You F***ing crack me up, thank God for people like you -- especially when almost everybody's comments are getting me depressed by the minute!
      torreSandhuNo9
      • Banned

• 185 posts | -2 
      Reply #275: Dec 20, 2009 05:12:48 pm
      Ive turned or Rafa . . . get the F**k out you aint gonna win sh*t!

Quick Reply