Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Portsmouth 2-0 Liverpool: Post Match Depression

Read 33600 times
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Re: Portsmouth 2-0 Liverpool: Post Match Depression
      Reply #299: Dec 21, 2009 02:49:21 pm
      Carra on his own in the middle of defence?

Have you lost your f***in mind?!!

obviously you intend to keep the zonal marking farce in place. if man to man defending was in place, and people did their jobs properly, then my formation would be fine as midfielders would be helping as well. fact is the players have lost confidence in rafas formations and tactics, hence why there is no vigour against "lesser" teams. it's fine to raise team spirit against arsenal or man u, but  when you get stuffed by portsmouth, villa, fulham, and nearly embarrased by birmingham becase low morale, then something needs to change fast! and don't even get me started with rafas dealings in the transfer market!
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #300: Dec 21, 2009 02:58:13 pm
      don't even get me started with rafas dealings in the transfer market!

Ah, now for that let me direct you to some very good points made by Ayrton and Daz in this thread here http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=4416.3100
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #301: Dec 21, 2009 03:12:19 pm
      Still too annoyed to write anything coherent. Portsmouth FFS.
      Scott Barton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,552 posts |
      Reply #302: Dec 21, 2009 04:06:11 pm

People can say what they want, everyone has an opinion, I am really close to the edge now, I ant to stay loyal but boy is it being tested.

Why the hell did we go to Portsmouth with a negative formation? Get more attacking and go at them because they have one of the shitest teams in the league, we made them look great we were that bad. Sending off looked harsh and I will never know how Kuyt gets In the team every week. Was very shocking and Rafas post match interview what the F**k was that?

Im angry at the moment because we shouldn’t be in 8th place, we can see the mistakes in whats happening so things should be changing. Im not going to comment on the manager because there were 11 players on that field on Saturday who need to look in the mirror and realise who they are playing for because they arent showing it from where im sitting
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #303: Dec 21, 2009 05:33:57 pm
      When you analyze that performance, there is not much you can say about it other than awful with a capital A. I know Rafa was shocked by what he witnessed, you could see it written on his face after the game. Now he must pick the team up from the floor and get us going again. I would like him to play our best team in every game we play, how else we going to get the confidence back. By best team I would like to see Gerrard to play in center midfield regular, with maybe Aquilani playing just behind Nando, lets see if it works. Benayoun given a regular start, Reira given a few games. I know Rafa is the one who knows the players inside out, but he has to stop making daft moves like playing Dosena in midfield over Benayoun.

I would like to see Pacheco to be put on the bench as an option, the kids special, so use him. Kelly is another who played really well when he played, and right now I'd give him a chance over Johnson, his confidence is shattered, another poor display against Portsmouth, another goal given away by Glen. If Rafa plays Dosena it should be in his position, maybe play him instead of Insua, personally I would drop Insua for Aurelio. I would like to see Babel have some games and not 20 mins here and there, it doesn't do him any good nor us.

I have been expecting the anti Rafa guys to be out in force, I haven't been disappointed, I still think the guys who want him out are wrong, and if you get your way what happens then, a regular top 10 place will be ours, we shall be fighting teams like Fulham and Everton for a Europer league spot. I recon you can forget anyone like Hiddink or Mourinho coming here, there is no way they would come unless they had a real chance of winning the league, they will not take this job, I think they are astute enough to realize a top 8 finish is the most they could hope for, unless funds were forthcoming.

The reason we are there now is because the funds Rafa has are about par for where we are, the amount year on year that Rafa is given for players equals clubs like Sunderland and even Everton must be up with us in the spending stakes, there must be more clubs in the prem who get that sort of funding to spend and the only difference between us and them is we spend more on wages, and yet we are well of the pace when it comes down to paying players, we are well behind MU, Chelsea, Arsenal, MC, even Spurs are paying big nowadays. I think at the end of the day you get what you pay for.

So when you look at Rafa consider what a new guy would do with riches like 15 mill a season, if he could do better his name would be Jesus.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #304: Dec 21, 2009 05:44:10 pm
      Agree with everything bartman except what you said about Johnson, ya he has 2 bad games but other than he has to be a contender for our player of the season so far, he is England number 1 right back and it is hardly going to help his confidence to replace him with a 19 year old lad that is yet to make his full premiership debut.

How can you talk about dropping him and not Kuyt in front of him, Johnson has played 2 bad games, Kuyt 20 games surely you would drop him ahead of Johnson. 
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Reply #305: Dec 21, 2009 07:45:59 pm
      Wasnt a red card in any way. We played OK until then. Should have equalised with Agger. But its so difficult to get anything go our way these days.
      albertared
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 11 
      Reply #306: Dec 21, 2009 10:22:53 pm

So when you look at Rafa consider what a new guy would do with riches like 15 mill a season, if he could do better his name would be Jesus.

I just can't agree with that statement anymore. I might have done so 2 or 3 months ago, but not now. I think there are probably half a dozen managers currently in the Premier League who could take our exact squad of players as it is now, injuries and low confidence and all, and make it perform better than Rafa is doing.

Whatever has gone wrong it needs sorting and a change of manager may be what is needed.

Only big snag is I wouldn't trust our moronic owners to choose the right replacement. Big mess all around.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #307: Dec 21, 2009 10:35:57 pm
      Agree with everything bartman except what you said about Johnson, ya he has 2 bad games but other than he has to be a contender for our player of the season so far, he is England number 1 right back and it is hardly going to help his confidence to replace him with a 19 year old lad that is yet to make his full premiership debut.

How can you talk about dropping him and not Kuyt in front of him, Johnson has played 2 bad games, Kuyt 20 games surely you would drop him ahead of Johnson. 

Sorry Corbally but you have been beating the Johnson drum far too loud and far too long. Lets not look at what he did last season, lets base his merit on his performance in a Liverpool shirt and so far for the fee he cost us he has not justified that price tag. I think he only has put in 2 good performances for us this season and no way has had a long enough run of consistent games to be considered for our player of the season. Sorry to go offtopic lads.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,152 posts | 1284 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #308: Dec 24, 2009 11:39:30 pm
      Back on topic. Rafa made four mistakes, Insua, Dossena, Lucas and Kuyt. Not the sign of a manager looking to attack a team at the bottom of the league.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #309: Dec 25, 2009 03:56:09 am
      The funniest thing about all the peole on here wanting to fire Rafa all have the excuses and reasons to let him go. But NO ONE had provided a logical, real replacement.

I heard Dalglish. OK Liverpool legend, was succesful as player and Manager, but that was a different time and different league. The game has changed.

This run of sh*t play will end. This team is too good. The players need to get their sh*t together not fire Rafa.  We fire Rafa, this team will go so far down relegation will be a true possibility.  His poor decisions and inconsistencies is not reason to let a Manger who gave us the highest winning percentage in decades an FA Cup, Champions league cup and top 4 every season coached. He has earned our respect and earned a chance to tuen it around. We owe that to him as supporters.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #310: Dec 25, 2009 03:42:44 pm

He has earned our respect and earned a chance to tuen it around. We owe that to him as supporters.

Nail on the head there, YLF.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #311: Dec 25, 2009 05:11:48 pm

Good post..

The funniest thing about all the People on here wanting to fire Rafa all have the excuses and reasons to let him go. But NO ONE had provided a logical, real replacement.

I heard Dalglish. OK Liverpool legend, was successful as player and Manager, but that was a different time and different league. The game has changed.

This run of sh*t play will end. This team is too good. The players need to get their sh*t together not fire Rafa.  We fire Rafa, this team will go so far down relegation will be a true possibility.  His poor decisions and inconsistencies is not reason to let a Manger who gave us the highest winning percentage in decades an FA Cup, Champions league cup and top 4 every season coached. He has earned our respect and earned a chance to turn it around. We owe that to him as supporters.

Totally agree..

Quick Reply