Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Alonso - the reason Liverpool are losing

Read 13794 times
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Alonso - the reason Liverpool are losing
      Dec 19, 2009 11:17:47 pm
      I think we need to look at this like an Investigation or a puzzle.  Their are tons of instances when the manager could be blamed for a teams poor performance.  However, I dont think this is one of those cases. This is the same coach who gave us the FA Cup, Champions League Trophy, top standings in the league under his tenure. I dont think he all of a sudden forgot how to coach a football team.

I think their is a very,very simple answer.

I think the loss of Xabi Alonso took something from this team. He may of not had the captains armband on, but I think he was a great on field commander and could rally the team together to play as one.  Generals get the glory and the Stars, but the field commanders do the work, they are with the soldiers in the trenches.

So, yes, I think it was (1) player who put them on this path. DO we blame Rafa for losing Alonso? Maybe, we dont know the full story. Would he have stayed in Liverpool w/out the whole Gareth Barry, transfer saga? Yes, I think so.  I think that made Alonso feel like he wasn't wanted or needed.  Liverpool certainly did not handle that deal well. I think Gerrard was crushed and is lost w/out him.  I think Gerrard and Alonso were a 1-2 punch which worked so well together that Gerrard doesn't know how to play without him. I think the addition of Torres was supposed to be the final piece, the trifecta for a run of Championships and losing Alonso destroyed that plan.

If Alonso was still in Liverpool then it would be a completely different team.
      « Last Edit: Dec 20, 2009 07:20:21 pm by JD »
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Why Liverpool are losing!
      Reply #1: Dec 19, 2009 11:40:28 pm
      You want a simple answer to the question mate, we simply are not creating enough chances to win games.

Now people are saying its our defense and to a massive degree we are conceding stupid goals, how ever I've always felt in most instances we could concede a goal and still run out winners and we often did, due to the volume of chances we created in games.

This is not the case this season, I do not feel confident going into games let alone coming back after conceding as we are not creating enough chances to win games and be it with a lousy defense thats conceding goals the results show we did not create enough to win them simple.

Now I think you have a fair point in Xabi, we do miss his composure and passing ability, there is only Gerrard in our squad who can replicate that in my opinion, given that I have not seen enough of Aquilani to suggest he can.

Now obviously I'm not going to suggest creativity or the loss of Alonso is our main problem as I have stated in other threads  there are many contributing factors to our problems this season and each individual problem has turned into one big massive problem. I do however see  a lack creativity as a big problem on the pitch and If we could address that I'd be confident there would be a change in fortunes.

Take a boardroom with ongoing uncertainty + lack of investment + poor squad depth + injuries + poor form = a big problem without going too far into things.

Cassidy05
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 42 posts |
      Reply #2: Dec 20, 2009 12:22:59 am
      I think the system from last season has stopped working
      the team needs something new, something different to inspire them
      Maybe even 'Someone different'
      The formation clearly isn't working, as we saw today. whats the point persisting with a defensive team and formation set out, when we cant create any decent chances and are still conceding goals
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #3: Dec 20, 2009 01:36:29 am
      rafa is stubborn plays the same players who are showing dismal performances week in week out kuyt is a good example. buying aquilina was pure stupidity. not only buying a player already injured but also with a long history of injuries.not bringing in young guys who can put in good performances. start the rebuilding process now. bring in kelly pacheo,darby,ayala. he should bench johnson he was on fire when he first joined. but has lost us two straight games. why didnt he play ngog today
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #4: Dec 20, 2009 02:32:17 am
      The reason we are not at our best is because of all the small problems put together. The owners, the manager, the staff and the players should have their fair share of the blame.

Owners - they have lied and not contributed the money they promised. Low cash = no increase in squad strength but only replacing players sold = not a strong bench = difficult to get results with main players out injured.

Rafa - at times his formation/tactis and substitutions look really weird and may be stubborn at times.

However, you cannot blame Rafa or the owners if a Liverpool player fails to find another red shirt on the pitch.

Players - at the end of the day, they are the ones out there playing the game.

And of course we got decisions going against us but we can't complain about that as that's surely to happen in football.The beachball goal, sums up our season.

Departure of Xabi Alonso was surely always going to be a loss as Xabi made the team play and he was cool at the centre of the park. He was someone we could always depend on to control the game and I have always felt safe with him in the team.

Liverpool FC aren't a team that wins 4 matches in 17 games. This is really a bad season. I don't know what's wrong! We just lost to a team bottom in the table and we have Wolves coming up next. Are we going to win-lose-win?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #5: Dec 20, 2009 02:43:00 am
      Owners - they have lied and not contributed the money they promised. Low cash = no increase in squad strength but only replacing players sold = not a strong bench = difficult to get results with main players out injured.

Liverpool FC aren't a team that wins 4 matches in 17 games.

Nothing personal ......its a Yank problem.

Youre right.

Liverpool are NOT a team that wins 4 matches in 17 unless RAFA really is running the (Yanks Out ) MasterPlan.

Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #6: Dec 20, 2009 02:56:45 am
      We never lost on Wednesday.
      alliphone
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts | -32 
      Reply #7: Dec 20, 2009 03:14:40 am
      Simple, because Rafa.
      He bought striker but play him wide - Kuyt
      Bought defender but play him middle - Dossena
      Bought expensive player but put him on the bench - Babel, Aquilani
      Bought proven player but not given enough chance - Keane
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #8: Dec 20, 2009 03:21:08 am
      Simple, because Rafa.
      He bought striker but play him wide - Kuyt
      Bought defender but play him middle - Dossena
      Bought expensive player but put him on the bench - Babel, Aquilani
      Bought proven player but not given enough chance - Keane

Kuyt - striker not striking. play wide 4 workrate.
      Dossena not play in da middle.
      Babel is a shithouse. Aquilani is a injury.
      Keano had plenty chance. Plenty moan. Plenty miss chances.

Simple.
      alliphone
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts | -32 
      Reply #9: Dec 20, 2009 03:32:31 am
      Hahahaha, we played with bottom of the table and lose.
      We played home with Aston Villa who not score a single goal before and lose.
      We did not manage to score more than 1 goal in Champion League.
      We lose home and away with Fiorentina....
      We buy injured player and put him on the bench
      Hahahahaha... IN RAFA WE TRUST.... hahahahaha
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #10: Dec 20, 2009 03:33:43 am

Close. You almost typed a legible sentence. I reckon you might get it if you keep trying.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #11: Dec 20, 2009 03:42:42 am
      WTF alliphone, very well put..... (...)

Many reasons why we are losing, H+G, Rafa, players, fans, media and all of them combined.

Its sad times atm, but we need to stick together and rally through, and brace ourselves for the worst I suppose, hoping it doesn't come to that though.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #12: Dec 20, 2009 03:47:34 am

How is this possible when we won twice along with scoring against Lyon and Fiorentina?

You have the intelligence of a Manc caught in a tunnel with his tale up his own ass.

redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #13: Dec 20, 2009 03:56:23 am
      Players are being sh*t. No bottle. Playing individually, rather than as a team.

Simple as that.

Oh, and a whole host of other problems in the club too. We must not forget that.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #14: Dec 20, 2009 03:56:28 am
      How is this possible when we won twice along with scoring against Lyon and Fiorentina?

You have the intelligence of a Manc caught in a tunnel with his tale up his own ass.

One goal in a game he meant.
      alliphone
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts | -32 
      Reply #15: Dec 20, 2009 03:56:54 am

Liverpool 1 - 0 Debrecen
      Fiorentina 2 - 0 Liverpool
      Liverpool 1 - 2 Lyon
      Lyon 1 - 1 Liverpool
      Debrecen 0 - 1 Liverpool
      Liverpool 1 - 2 Fiorentina

Can't you see that?

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #16: Dec 20, 2009 03:57:49 am
      One goal in a game he meant.

Ah i see, maybe he should have said this!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #17: Dec 20, 2009 04:00:20 am
      Yeah thats 5 goals in the champions league then isn't it mate??
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #18: Dec 20, 2009 04:01:32 am
      I just think the players' attitudes aren't right. Their body language.

Too much being said, and not enough being done.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #19: Dec 20, 2009 04:02:20 am
      Yeah thats 5 goals in the champions league then isn't it mate??

5 more than everton will ever score in the Champions League. Our sh*te is better than their dreams.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #20: Dec 20, 2009 04:05:04 am
      True that, no matter how badly we are doing, there is always Everton who have to go that few steps shi**er.
      things are going for us, there is always Everton

"Always someone worse off than yourself"
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #21: Dec 20, 2009 04:06:32 am
      You know the way evertonians have those 'You're in my heart, You're in my soul' stickers in the back windows of their Renault's?

We should have ones that say: 'What's sh*te for us is just a dream for you'.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #22: Dec 20, 2009 04:09:33 am
      Ha, the fuckers will soon be out of the europa league as well, then all they will have is a relegation battle.

Quick Reply