Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Alonso - the reason Liverpool are losing

Read 13795 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Alonso - the reason Liverpool are losing
      Reply #115: Dec 21, 2009 04:31:43 pm
      Yes Ayrton but I could not be arsed to type something similar and copy and paste was so much easier, well to get the relevant point across that there is more to our Situation than Xabi Alonso, although I loved the fella and it killed me seeing him in the stands the other week.
      torreSandhuNo9
      • Banned

• 185 posts | -2 
      Reply #116: Dec 21, 2009 04:34:36 pm
      He probably thinks even lower of you considering the wages he is on playing for one of the biggest clubs in world football to be fair.

I don't care what you think how he thinks, I'm telling you that Lucas is sh*t and has not and never will be a liverpool standar player. You got Ballack, Fabregas, Scholes, Huddlestone, Palacios, Petrov etc they're all better than Lucas. Why Rafa didn't sign that scum bag Michael Owen and someone like Palacios is beyond me. Even players like Kranjcar - £2m!! Bargain
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #117: Dec 21, 2009 04:37:54 pm
      I don't care what you think how he thinks, I'm telling you that Lucas is sh*t and has not and never will be a liverpool standar player. You got Ballack, Fabregas, Scholes, Huddlestone, Palacios, Petrov etc they're all better than Lucas. Why Rafa didn't sign that scum bag Michael Owen and someone like Palacios is beyond me. Even players like Kranjcar - £2m!! Bargain

In the words of a true honorary Scouser "Calm Down, Calm Down"

Are you signing the cheque books ?

Nope.

Well neither were H&G during the summer window, so we were pretty much fu**ed from the get go.
      torreSandhuNo9
      • Banned

• 185 posts | -2 
      Reply #118: Dec 21, 2009 04:41:16 pm
      In the words of a true honorary Scouser "Calm Down, Calm Down"

;D I'm calm, true we are actually screwed while them two bas**rds are in charge
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #119: Dec 21, 2009 05:02:59 pm
      I hate this rubbish Alonso had one good season for us that is  complete sh*te, he was class from his first game against Bolton to when he left.

What people seem to be going on about is the season before last where they seem to forget Xabi was out for 6 months after that c**t Lampard and people on here seem to forget he came back in March. Was he expected to be 100% straight away.

Xabi is class and has being class for Real this season. If people think he only had one good season I dunno how they can defend some of our other midfielders this season because I don't think I ever saw Xabi play as bad as some of the performances they have put in this season.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,023 posts | 3352 
      Reply #120: Dec 21, 2009 05:37:29 pm
      Alonso is not the reason we are losing. It's as simple as F***ing that.

As good as Xabi was for us, and F**k me he was good at times, we were never solely reliant on him for our success. Xabi's departure hasn't instantly made us unable to do the basic defending. Xabi's departure hasn't instantly made our wide players unable to put a half decent ball in. Xabi's departure is not the reason we are losing.

We are losing because we haven't been defending properly, we are losing because we're not taking the chance we are creating, we are losing because we have far too many average players in the squad. Average players who just happened to have a good year last season.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #121: Dec 21, 2009 05:49:45 pm
      Stupid thread I personally feel.

You don't lose games as a result of the absence of one player.

That's ludicrous.

We're losing games for a number of reasons - which have nothing to do with Xabi.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #122: Dec 21, 2009 05:53:31 pm
      Ya but teams no longer have to be so defensive against us because by the time our midfield has stopped pricking around with 2 and 3 yard passes they have regrouped.

Torres and Gerrard were brilliant last season and a massive reason for that was Xabi. He was able to get the ball forward quick and accurate to them before the other teams could regroup and so they had more space to play in.

Teams were also afraid to come onto Liverpool because they knew if there attack broke down if the ball went to Xabi had the ability to pick out Torres or Gerrard with a 60 or 70 yard accurate pass we no longer have anyone in midfield that can play this pass and why our play looks a lot more slower and why team are now attacking us a lot more.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #123: Dec 21, 2009 05:55:16 pm

That's ludicrous.

We're losing games for a number of reasons - which have nothing to do with Xabi.

Its Voronins fault, he's a KGB spy for that Russian bloke over at Chavski, ever wondered why he can not play football ?  :f_whistle:
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #124: Dec 21, 2009 06:11:12 pm

1) Guus Hiddink; 2) Jose Mouriniho; 3) Roy Hodgson; 4) Me...

How do you know they would? Hiddink is good, yes, but even he couldn't get Russia to the World Cup, so he doesn't have the midas touch. Mourinho has been blessed with money most places he has managed, i honestly believe he would be good but he wouldn't turn us into a title winning team overnight unless we went injury free and everyone picked up some form. Oh, we had some of that last year and guess what? RAFA almost got us to the title!! Hodgson? Really??

And you? No way.
      mkj1972
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 764 posts |
      Reply #125: Dec 21, 2009 06:25:44 pm

That's ludicrous.

Agree 100% thank god for at least one person showing sense.We are losing because of Rafas negativity & the players lack of effort.(Sorry not sure how i separate my post from the above)
      « Last Edit: Dec 22, 2009 07:40:26 am by crouchinho »
      therapy2004
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 145 posts |
      Reply #126: Dec 22, 2009 09:07:06 am
      How do you know they would? Hiddink is good, yes, but even he couldn't get Russia to the World Cup, so he doesn't have the midas touch. Mourinho has been blessed with money most places he has managed, I honestly believe he would be good but he wouldn't turn us into a title winning team overnight unless we went injury free and everyone picked up some form. Oh, we had some of that last year and guess what? RAFA almost got us to the title!! Hodgson? Really??

And you? No way.

Why not me?   :f_tongueincheek:

I think we might well of won the league had Rafa thrown off the shackles a bit earlier, it was up for grabs.  Sorry, but I don't think he is doing a good job with the current squad, I really don't.  I realise that this is heresy in some quarters, but being objective, are you not concerned by some of his decisions and tactics?  I don't expect us all to agree on everything, but I am entitled to an opinion, as is everyone.  He picked a midfield of Dossena, Lucas, Masch, Kuyt against the premiership's bottom team.  Where's the  creativity in that line-up?  How will we open up defences without creativity?  These are legitimate concerns, whatever anybody thinks.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #127: Dec 22, 2009 09:12:09 am
      We beat that team with a midfield worse last season at Fratton Park - without Alonso, either.

It just goes to show the turn around in form for this club. Things aren't going our way and we have to change that.
      therapy2004
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 145 posts |
      Reply #128: Dec 22, 2009 09:33:52 am
      We beat that team with a midfield worse last season at Fratton Park - without Alonso, either.

It just goes to show the turn around in form for this club. Things aren't going our way and we have to change that.

It doesn't detract from the fact that this lack of creativity will pose a problem in the long and short-term.  Two holding midfielders and no creativity on the wing is a really poor balance, don't you think.  It's killing us.  There's nothing to fear from our midfield, no penetration, and that's a big problem,   We also have a problem with two full-backs that aren't good defenders...

Of course, I agree we need to turn things around, but it won't happen with those team selections. 
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #129: Dec 22, 2009 09:44:08 am
      F**k creativity. We had chances to win! We're not clinical enough and we're paying the ultimate cost.
      RedDrog
      • Forum John Toshack

• 264 posts |
      Reply #130: Dec 22, 2009 09:52:18 am
      Top player. We haven't replaced him yet and we certainly miss him. He's one of the reasons but by no means the only one. We were certainly not a one man team last year.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #131: Dec 22, 2009 10:53:34 am
      F**k creativity. We had chances to win! We're not clinical enough and we're paying the ultimate cost.

To be fair I think our defending has been shambolic, given we've played 16 different defensive combinations in 25/26 games its fair to say we have not had a settled consistent back four out.

Our midfield has lacked creativity for all the possession we have had in games we have not been productive enough with the ball.

You can also say we have not been clinical enough, because we have had clear cut chances that could have put us on the front foot in games.

To be fair and honest about the situation you could say all three are having a negative impact on our season and when you combine injuries, players making individual errors and dodgy refereeing decisions, no wonder were doing sh*t.
      therapy2004
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 145 posts |
      Reply #132: Dec 22, 2009 11:23:52 am

Can only think of Agger's chance.  F*** creativity is Rafa's attitude as well!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,241 posts | 8576 
      Reply #133: Dec 22, 2009 04:12:24 pm
      Can only think of Agger's chance.  F*** creativity is Rafa's attitude as well!

Same attitude we had when beating Man U at Anfield?
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,332 posts | 183 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #134: Dec 22, 2009 08:18:19 pm
      i just don't think it has to do with Xabi.

Just look at the scum, they lost the gayerst player ever and are still looking gay.

I'd like not to blame Rafa BUT sometimes I think his team picking and subs issue might be costing us more than it seems. Though that can't be all the problem. I can't really see where it's coming from.

Though i really really think we are lacking of width in an extremely sad way. Look at those porstmouth fellas, scored us 2 coming from the flanks. I remember plenty of goals coming from aurelio or riera and sometimes kuyt on a good day last season. Bring Vargas :P

And Silva :)

I know that won't happen BUT maybe it's part of Rafa's masterplan after all XD
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #135: Dec 23, 2009 12:35:11 am
      To be fair I think our defending has been shambolic, given we've played 16 different defensive combinations in 25/26 games its fair to say we have not had a settled consistent back four out.

Our midfield has lacked creativity for all the possession we have had in games we have not been productive enough with the ball.

You can also say we have not been clinical enough, because we have had clear cut chances that could have put us on the front foot in games.

To be fair and honest about the situation you could say all three are having a negative impact on our season and when you combine injuries, players making individual errors and dodgy refereeing decisions, no wonder were doing sh*t.

I have and i did.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #136: Dec 23, 2009 12:36:02 am
      what a sh*t thread
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #137: Dec 23, 2009 12:39:32 am
      It's not all because of Xabi Alonso. Xabi was a great player but the squad hadn't changed much.

The main reason we are losing is because of all the mini problems we have, put together. Lousy owners, injuries and out of luck. Sometimes the players' body languages and minds don't look right and although the combination of Mascherano and Lucas hadn't done much wrong, they just don't influence the game like Xabi did or how Stevie can.

Quick Reply