Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Alonso - the reason Liverpool are losing

Read 13796 times
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Re: Why Liverpool are losing!
      Reply #23: Dec 20, 2009 04:10:39 am
      Ha, the fuckers will soon be out of the europa league as well, then all they will have is a relegation battle.

Hope not. I want them in the final. It's their worst nightmare.
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #24: Dec 20, 2009 04:24:01 am
      All the myriad answers so far haven't hit the nail on the head.

SURELY, the reason that Liverpool are losing games is because of Lucas?

I'm very disappointed. ;)
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #25: Dec 20, 2009 04:26:18 am

Yep, it's Lucas. And corballyred will blow JD's 100 pound donation to charity if he mentions Lucas in his next 500 posts.

Lucas Lucas Lucas.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #26: Dec 20, 2009 04:32:18 am
      I don't think it's Lucas.

I think it's Skrtel. ;)
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #27: Dec 20, 2009 04:34:43 am
      I don't think it's Lucas.

I think it's Skrtel. ;)

It was nice knowing you.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #28: Dec 20, 2009 04:36:27 am

Same :( Au revoir, Gow.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #29: Dec 20, 2009 04:38:02 am

Are you still alive?
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #30: Dec 20, 2009 04:40:07 am
      Adryan, could i direct you here... http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=10324.75
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #31: Dec 20, 2009 04:55:38 am

I take extreme exception to that. I based my opinion solely on what I've seen with my own eyes, facts gathered, expert analysis and a good talk with the block of 305.

And we're all extremely certain that you should be certain. Non of this 'surely' nonsense.

Get a grip BigRed!! Bloody hell.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #32: Dec 20, 2009 04:57:42 am
      I looked at it like this, which is why I came to my conclusion.  When you have some minor changes over 5 seasons. Some added players some released. The team was relatively the same and continued to score, play solid, win cups and remain in contention for the league. Then you lose one KEY member of the squad, it lends a lot of credence and evidence that off season moves and the loss of that one player as a MAJOR significant reason for the problems we have.

Rafa was the same coach then as he is now. Same substitution issues, same lineup issues we dont always agree with, Same setpiece problems,  but Rafa generally coached the same then as now.

Now we lose one Major part of this team. A natural leader who brought the team together and now we have exponential problems since Alonso's departure. When something has worked for so long and all of a sudden their is a 180 degree turn around, then you naturally MUST look to the key changes of that one thing that worked good for so long.

Its a theory, Thats all. But nonetheless a fairly solid theory.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #33: Dec 20, 2009 11:49:26 am
      We have nothing from midfield, Torres is getting isolated and there is absolutely no threat from midfield. The wide midfield situation is a complete joke. We had a full back and a striker playing there.

Rafa has brought a good couple of left midfielders now and none of them have worked. We need 2 new wide midfielders. We also need a quality back up striker or even someone to start with Torres because the situation is a joke at the moment.

Rafa also has to stop been so stubborn with team selection and formation, when a player is playing bad he should be dropped when a formation is not working it should be changed. If you don't have the players to play a formation you change it to formation that will suit the players you have got.
      Johncolf
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #34: Dec 20, 2009 01:11:37 pm
      So this is what it must be like supporting the blue sh*te  and getting beat every other week , f***in deppressin in it
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #35: Dec 20, 2009 02:23:05 pm
      Quite clearly these are the things that are killing our season:

1. Injuries - Nothing you can do aboout this, just something that can go against you i.e torres, gerrard, GJ, aurelio
      2. Lack of confidence - We're not confident going forward and we're not confident at the back, a recipe for defeat
      3. Lack of investment - In my opinion, we need a complete new team with the exception of some players who would give a left b*****k for the team. I believe that if rafa is given the money that arsenal and villa are given, because we're no match for city of chelsea, he could build a league winning team but of course the yanks aren't interested as usual.
      4. Zonal marking - It's good IF everyone does their job properly. But with Skrtel and Kyriakos at the back I dont think it's the right choice for us. We've lost goals that could have been prevented with simple man-marking this season.
      Walk-wright-on
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts | 13 
      • FSG - The future is bright!!
      Reply #36: Dec 20, 2009 02:27:28 pm
      We are losing because the players arent playing to their potential. The manager has done the same thing year in year out and nobody wanted him out when we ran ManUre close to the title last year. The players thought they had it made and have relaxed and in my opinion every single on of them needs to concentrate on their own performances and show a bit of balls, fight and heart! Play for the shirt and show a bit of pride, us fans deserve much more than what they are offering us at present!
      Quite clearly these are the things that are killing our season:

1. Injuries - Nothing you can do aboout this, just something that can go against you I.e torres, gerrard, GJ, aurelio
      2. Lack of confidence - We're not confident going forward and we're not confident at the back, a recipe for defeat
      3. Lack of investment - In my opinion, we need a complete new team with the exception of some players who would give a left b*****k for the team. I believe that if rafa is given the money that arsenal and villa are given, because we're no match for city of chelsea, he could build a league winning team but of course the yanks aren't interested as usual.
      4. Zonal marking - It's good IF everyone does their job properly. But with Skrtel and Kyriakos at the back I dont think it's the right choice for us. We've lost goals that could have been prevented with simple man-marking this season.

I agree with most of what you have said apart from the zonal marking bit! You shot your argument in the foot by saying that it will work if the players do there job so therefore it isnt the system that is at fault, it is the players not doing their jobs!

You cant say man marking would be any better, just look at Chelskis problems with it for example!!!
      « Last Edit: Dec 20, 2009 02:38:05 pm by Fern-Ando Torres »
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #37: Dec 20, 2009 02:35:46 pm
      Personally, I don't think Alonso is the big reason we're playing poorly this season. Below are my reasons

Injuries poured in like rain.

Dodgy referee decisions helped the following games: Tottenham (Assou Ikotu penalty and red card (second yellow) not given), Villa (Voronin take down in the 18 yard box denied), Sunderland (Beach Ball), Arsenal (Gerrard Penalty) and Portsmouth (The first goal, the scorer was returning from an offside position and the red card). That is 15 points aided by poor questionable referee decisions.

The players are not psychologically in tune. The early champions League exit must have damaged something in them.

Rafa needs to set the team up to attack attack attack

We also need a new software that docks the players' salary by 50% if they lose or draw a game. I bet we will have straight wins. Right now, it is of no consequence to their income if they continue to go on a win-lose streak every week.

The Portsmouth players are not even getting paid regularly and they played like survival was not up for negotiation.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,279 posts | 2834 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #38: Dec 20, 2009 02:46:34 pm
      Were losing cos other teams are scoring more goals then we are in games!
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #39: Dec 20, 2009 03:15:42 pm
      To see who will walk on and who will walk off... To separate the worthy supporters from the unworthy... Most of us are walking on, so don't join the minority...
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #40: Dec 20, 2009 03:29:36 pm
      Simple, because Rafa.
      He bought striker but play him wide - Kuyt
      Bought defender but play him middle - Dossena
      Bought expensive player but put him on the bench - Babel, Aquilani
      Bought proven player but not given enough chance - Keane

You work mobile phone shop?
      Mohammad Abdullah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 478 posts | -7 
      Reply #41: Dec 20, 2009 04:05:22 pm
      I TOTALLY agree with you but one more thing, do you think the FA Cup and the CL are more than enough or even enough for a big team like Liverpool?! Open your eyes, We have Gerrard, Carragher, and Torres. if you give such players to an idiot in 5 years he will bring more titles. What Rafa did was selling Alonso and buying a player for 5 years, as if he is confident he will remain in the club for 5 years!!, and sold Bellamy who is impressing now and kept Voronin who is sh*t!
      He didn't forget how to coach but all manager are sick of his unchangeable formation, they Memorized our way of play buddy
      If a fan like me can say all this, what do you think a manager can say?
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #42: Dec 20, 2009 04:06:10 pm
      I take extreme exception to that. I based my opinion solely on what I've seen with my own eyes, facts gathered, expert analysis and a good talk with the block of 305.

And we're all extremely certain that you should be certain. Non of this 'surely' nonsense.

Get a grip BigRed!! Bloody hell.

I know, i know!!  It's a crisis!!

Stevie and Nando!!! Save us!!!

"I just wanna tell you both good luck, we're all counting on you"

:f_tongueincheek:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #43: Dec 20, 2009 04:08:05 pm
      I TOTALLY agree with you but one more thing, do you think the FA Cup and the CL are more than enough or even enough for a big team like Liverpool?! Open your eyes, We have Gerrard, Carragher, and Torres. if you give such players to an idiot in 5 years he will bring more titles. What Rafa did was selling Alonso and buying a player for 5 years, as if he is confident he will remain in the club for 5 years!!, and sold Bellamy who is impressing now and kept Voronin who is sh*t!
      He didn't forget how to coach but all manager are sick of his unchangeable formation, they Memorized our way of play buddy
      If a fan like me can say all this, what do you think a manager can say?

Hopefully less.
      Mohammad Abdullah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 478 posts | -7 
      Reply #44: Dec 20, 2009 04:14:25 pm
      Hopefully less, but logically no way
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #45: Dec 20, 2009 04:17:10 pm

Hopefully you take Rafa's job when he's fired then.

Quick Reply