Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Would Kenny Dalglish Be A Credible Manager For Liverpool If Rafa Left?

Read 5498 times
      torreSandhuNo9
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 185 posts | -2 
      Would Kenny Dalglish Be A Credible Manager For Liverpool If Rafa Left?
      Dec 20, 2009 05:15:47 pm
      Well we can't afford to bring any other manager in, and there ain't any manager that would take us over at the moment. Get Rafa out and bring in Dalglish!! He would most certainly lift player confidence and make the players believe again . . .
      « Last Edit: Dec 20, 2009 06:32:59 pm by Court LFC »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Bring Back King Kenny
      Reply #1: Dec 20, 2009 05:18:35 pm
      What a sh*te and utter knee-jerk topic to create.
      samylfc
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 392 posts |
      Reply #2: Dec 20, 2009 05:18:57 pm
      This topic is insane...

1/ Making a statement of the like "ain't any manager that would take us over" is just plain stupid..Lot's of manager would cut their right arm to come here ..and

2/ Didn't King Kenny (oh good he played!) said many MANY times that he wouldn't take the job, he dosen't want the job..and for a finish

3/ Kenny is already back mate..
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #3: Dec 20, 2009 05:19:52 pm
      Mods.

Please lock this piece of sh*t, non-productive topic.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #4: Dec 20, 2009 05:30:24 pm
      Mods.

Please lock this piece of sh*t, non-productive topic.
      Totally agree.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #5: Dec 20, 2009 06:32:19 pm
      Sounds like a few people prefer to put their fingers in their ears.

Why not?  The possibility of Rafa walking away/getting sacked has been hanging over us for about 3 seasons.  What if he did go?  King Kenny is at the club, would he be a suitable replacement if everything went tits up for Rafa?

Or do some people think he's been out of the game too long to dive back in too soon without getting some more recent experience first?  Don't forget, this man was the last manager to actually win us a English League title.

If I recall, he went down to Blackburn and actually won the Premiership title for them! 

Topic unlocked, topic name changed.  Discuss...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Re: Would Kenny Dalglish Be A Credible Manager For Liverpool If Rafa Left?
      Reply #6: Dec 20, 2009 06:34:39 pm
      Won't happen.

Sure I read a while ago, Kenny saying in an interview that he did not want to get back into management.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,921 posts | 821 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #7: Dec 20, 2009 06:35:25 pm
      Is he not at Liverpool already some kind of coach or something like that ?
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,849 posts | 68 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #8: Dec 20, 2009 06:36:29 pm
      Legends should remain legends ...famed for what they did in the past ...Kenny is a legend
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #9: Dec 20, 2009 06:36:31 pm
      Is he not at Liverpool already some kind of coach or something like that ?

No, has an official role as Ambassador of the club, as far as I know he has no coaching role.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #10: Dec 20, 2009 06:39:47 pm
      Won't happen.

Sure I read a while ago, Kenny saying in an interview that he did not want to get back into management.

Fairy muff.

It'd be interesting how he got on if he was managing us, this day and age.  What his targets would be, tactics, etc.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,921 posts | 821 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #11: Dec 20, 2009 06:43:16 pm
      No, has an official role as Ambassador of the club, as far as I know he has no coaching role.

Thats what i meant, sorry.

What does he do as the Ambassador of the club ?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #12: Dec 20, 2009 06:50:33 pm
      Sounds like a few people prefer to put their fingers in their ears.

Why not?  The possibility of Rafa walking away/getting sacked has been hanging over us for about 3 seasons.  What if he did go?  King Kenny is at the club, would he be a suitable replacement if everything went tits up for Rafa?

Or do some people think he's been out of the game too long to dive back in too soon without getting some more recent experience first?  Don't forget, this man was the last manager to actually win us a English League title.

If I recall, he went down to Blackburn and actually won the Premiership title for them! 

Topic unlocked, topic name changed.  Discuss...

Think if the opening post didn't contain "Get Rafa out" it would have gotten a better response.

To be honest i don't think he would want to manage a club again, even us.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #13: Dec 20, 2009 07:10:31 pm
      Lets be honest about King Kenny as a manager.

Fantastic as Liverpool manager made some awesome signings that kept us very much in the silverware, Bearing in mind we had the foreign player quota back then and the majority of the team were Scouse, Welsh Scouse, Irish Scouse, English Scouse, Danish Scouse and Zimbabwe Scouse.

Fantastic as Blackburn manager again made some fantastic signings but his team was still prominently from the Uk isles as the foreign influx of players had not yet hit the Premier League as it has today. If I remember rightly his team had Tim Flowers, Colin Hendry, Henning Berg, Ian Pearce, Jason Wilcox,  Tim Sherwood, David Batty, Aland Shearer & Chris Sutton amongst others how ever I believe the only foreign player was Henning Berg Correct me if I'm wrong ?

Lets look at Newcastle, now King Kenny took over a good side here a side containing Shearer and Les Ferdinand, but my take on Kenny's reign at Newcastle is the game had changed with the Foreign market being open and the ability to bring players in from all the over world was very much an option. Now no disrespect to Kenny here as I love the fella managed to guide Keegans team with no new arrivals to 2nd in the league in 1997, however his signings for the 1998/99 season left a lot to be desired in terms of quality and he was backed immensely by The Newcastle board in terms of funding and he led Newcastle to 11th in the League, granted he had his fair share of injuries just like our very own Rafa Benitez has this season.

Do I think Kenny should take over the helm ?

No I do not, the man has earned himself a wonderful reputation at this club and will always be remembered and rightly so a legend of this great football club, but the modern game has changed and Kenny again no disrespect to him, has been out of the game for far too long, to be considered a must have in the hot seat, it would be unfair to King Kenny and could result in tainting a distinguished career he enjoyed at Anfield.

BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #14: Dec 20, 2009 07:16:17 pm
      No, he really shouldn't.

The stresses of EPL management are immense and i really think it'd be just too much for him to handle.

Also, with his reputation being so immaculate do you really think he'd want to risk it all by jumping in the fire at this particular moment? The man is a GOD on Merseyside and all it would take is a run like we're having now to tarnish that reputation don't you think?
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #15: Dec 20, 2009 11:30:44 pm

Also, with his reputation being so immaculate do you really think he'd want to risk it all by jumping in the fire at this particular moment? The man is a GOD on Merseyside and all it would take is a run like we're having now to tarnish that reputation don't you think?

I understand that there would be a risk with Dalglish putting his legendary status on the line if he took over but surely he'd be tempted. Who are we to say that he'd not want to risk it, i mean he isn't an arrogant man but surely he'd have a huge temptation knowing his status and ability could be perfect if Rafa left.

Personally i don't think he'd come back as anything but a temporary appointment but we shouldn't underestimate his love for the club leading him to take the risk of a permanent appointment.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #16: Dec 20, 2009 11:33:44 pm
      I can't believe this thread. But on the Dalglish score: He could be our manager for seven successive relegations, and he'd still hold the same status at our club. Can't believe people question that. (And I hope the yanks don't read it!).
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #17: Dec 21, 2009 06:58:45 am
      Think if the opening post didn't contain "Get Rafa out" it would have gotten a better response.

To be honest I don't think he would want to manage a club again, even us.
      I agree I do not think you will ever see Kenny manage any club ever again,and I certainly could not see him as Manager of L.F.C. while we have the present owners
      Johncolf
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #18: Dec 21, 2009 07:22:16 am
      I think Kenny would only act as stand in if Rafa walked , but I would like him to be the head man of a new dynesty of future managers ie Lee Thompson carra. Aldo stevie G  , it worked in the past to great effect why can't it happen again , we won 18 league titles and 4european cups using tried and trusted methods , methods that have been discarded in the last decade under forign leadership.
      toradel
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 135 posts |
      Reply #19: Dec 21, 2009 08:10:16 am
      Kenny is the best manger liverpool could have, I don't know if rafa is better than him overall or not... But in my honest opinion if i was to choose from kenny and rafa i'll certainly go for kenny not that i don't rate rafa but as far as liverpool is only concern kenny is the best we can have.... He knows the club more than rafa, he earns more respect in the club than rafa, the fans love him more than rafa, that doesn't mean the fans don't like rafa or the team don't respect rafa or rafa don't know much bout the club but it's just that kenny have the edge over rafa over many things.... I dint watch kenny as a manager, i was too young during his tenure so i don't know much but from what i read he's the best manager liverpool can have right now considering facts... I wish we could have kenny as our manager and rafa as assistant but I know that will not happen in a million years... I love rafa and i trust him but i have an option to choose between him and kenny i surely go for kenny without a doubt....  Above all the clubs comes first, anything that will take the club forward i'll go for it... Even if it means to getting rid of steven g and torres and be guaranteed we'll win the league i'll do it for the club (note: that is just an example).
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #20: Dec 21, 2009 08:48:36 am
      Ridiculous thread. Their is a system in place now ( Involving Kenny) that should come to fruitition soon with quality young players and a structure in place to get them to the first team. My only hope is that Rafa shows some faith in the youngsters and gives them a run out soon..

ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #21: Dec 21, 2009 09:08:02 am
      I think Kenny would give his upmost to help the team progress, Liverpool is in his blood and he has always done everything in his power to help us advance.

That being said, I don't think he should be asked. His personal life has been so difficult recently, and I think his current position as Academy Ambassador is ideal from him.

He is able to help the young players advance as well as having a role to play in the commercial aspects of the club, without any of the direct pressures of the managerial position.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #22: Dec 21, 2009 09:19:30 am
      I can't believe this thread. But on the Dalglish score: He could be our manager for seven successive relegations, and he'd still hold the same status at our club. Can't believe people question that. (And I hope the yanks don't read it!).

What I'm saying, Gow is not that Kenny would not be remembered as a legend, how ever when you look at Kenny's status within the club it is all built around success both as a player and as a manager, if he was to take over and fail as manager it would put a stain, tarnish all the success he has achieved here, not ever affecting him being remembered as a legend, but maybe remembered as the legend who could not make the grade in 2009/2010, its a big ask of him I think.

Quick Reply