Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

The fans have shown the faith, time for our players to STAND and be counted.

Read 3600 times
      Yardie_Ian
      • Forum Michael Robinson
      • Started Topic

• 53 posts |
      The fans have shown the faith, time for our players to STAND and be counted.
      Dec 21, 2009 02:13:58 pm
      For a club that loyalty and strength of character matter so much to it's time for some soul searching.  

Discuss, debate or rant if you will.
      « Last Edit: Dec 21, 2009 04:00:17 pm by CRK, Reason: Tidied up the first post »
      Milestone
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 132 posts |
      • Liverpool FC - The only club to watch in England
      In red we stand
      Reply #1: Dec 21, 2009 02:41:37 pm
      Yes... The title of the thread is self explanatory. We are liverpool. We have stood with the club for years. It is time for the players to rise to the occassion. Let them play as liverpool fc patriots.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Re: The fans have shown the faith, time for our players to STAND and be counted.
      Reply #2: Dec 21, 2009 02:46:05 pm
      You mean; "Their Support". "Faith" is unwavering. With all the criticisms? it is not faith but support.
      Yardie_Ian
      • Forum Michael Robinson
      • Started Topic

• 53 posts |
      Re: The fans have shown the faith, time for our players to STAND and be counted.
      Reply #3: Dec 21, 2009 03:04:47 pm
      You mean; "Their Support". "Faith" is unwavering. With all the criticisms? it is not faith but support.

semantics gents (my first language is "patt-wah").
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #4: Dec 21, 2009 03:57:58 pm
      semantics gents (my first language is "patt-wah").

Me nah like that! Wasn't correcting your english; Was qualifying their involvement man.
      philH
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts |
      Reply #5: Dec 21, 2009 04:15:44 pm
      The Porstmouth players's have had their wages delayed at least twice this season whilst our's at the moment just seem content to pick up their large pay cheques. Have seen enough S**te now for this season
      If we are not going to win games then at least want them going down with a fight
      Yardie_Ian
      • Forum Michael Robinson
      • Started Topic

• 53 posts |
      Reply #6: Dec 21, 2009 04:25:51 pm
      Me nah like that! Wasn't correcting your english; Was qualifying their involvement man.

"Mi nuh like dat." Ok buddy, i can see that now.  Too many corrections in my school days got me a bit on edge when it comes to writing.  :mad:  "D'oh"
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #7: Dec 21, 2009 04:59:16 pm
      "Mi nuh like dat." Ok buddy, I can see that now.  Too many corrections in my school days got me a bit on edge when it comes to writing.  :mad:  "D'oh"

Now inhale deeply....... now exhale.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #8: Dec 21, 2009 05:24:42 pm
      The problem I have with this is we have been waiting for them to do this all season, I've come to 2 conclusions some of them just simply aren't good enough and there is a serious problem with the system at the moment and has to be changed urgently if we are to see the best out of the players we have.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,250 posts | 924 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #9: Dec 21, 2009 08:52:17 pm
      The problem I have with this is we have been waiting for them to do this all season, I've come to 2 conclusions some of them just simply aren't good enough and there is a serious problem with the system at the moment and has to be changed urgently if we are to see the best out of the players we have.
      Could it be that Rafa has lost the players ?.
      « Last Edit: Dec 22, 2009 12:08:03 am by MsGerrard, Reason: Rafa only has one \'f\' in his name ! »
      Yardie_Ian
      • Forum Michael Robinson
      • Started Topic

• 53 posts |
      Reply #10: Dec 21, 2009 09:06:39 pm
      Could it be that Raffa has lost the players ?.

"Which comes first the chicken or the egg?"
      Mohammad Abdullah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 478 posts | -7 
      Reply #11: Dec 21, 2009 09:19:42 pm
      We are certainly showing faith, but there is something wrong and the problem is that no one really wants to discuss it and ofcourse it's not about the owners. Fans have given so so so much time to the team to recover but you can open your dictionary and find a word called "responsibility". Who is responsible for this mess? Is it Rafa, the players, or the psychological pressure on both? though I don't like to make excuses for any.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,238 posts | 8574 
      Reply #12: Dec 21, 2009 09:29:01 pm
      We are certainly showing faith, but there is something wrong and the problem is that no one really wants to discuss it and ofcourse it's not about the owners. Fans have given so so so much time to the team to recover but you can open your dictionary and find a word called "responsibility". Who is responsible for this mess? Is it Rafa, the players, or the psychological pressure on both? though I don't like to make excuses for any.

You mean we don't play it out in public for the whole world to see (Newcastle, Chelsea etc) but try to resolve the problems inhouse.

And the whole F***ing problem with Liverpool Football Club was instigated by the owners, make no mistake. They've lied to the manager and fans constantly, broken promises about signing players and the whole stadium saga.

The club is in a worse state now than when David Moores actually sold it!
      Mohammad Abdullah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 478 posts | -7 
      Reply #13: Dec 21, 2009 09:37:38 pm
      The club is in a worse state now than when David Moores actually sold it!

my friend, if we keep concentrating on the f*cking owners we'll get nowhere, believe me. If this club has to be sold, it should win trophies to attract business men, am I right?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #14: Dec 21, 2009 09:40:13 pm
      Could it be that Raffa has lost the players ?.

814 posts in and you still don't know the name of the manager. Big fan you.
      For a club that loyalty and strength of character matter so much to it's time for some soul searching. 

Discuss, debate or rant if you will.

Never a truer word spoken.

I suggest that this team of alleged international footballers start playing like international footballers and dig us out of this fine mess they have got us into.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #15: Dec 22, 2009 12:05:22 am

I suggest that this team of alleged international footballers start playing like international footballers and dig us out of this fine mess they have got us into.

Good post.If Gerrard is a worthy Lverpool captain he has to lead by example again.F*ck what's going on behind the scenes,he and the other senior players have to stand up and be counted,and if there is a management problem in the dressing room,it needs sorting internally now.We should judge Rafa at the end of the season,but the players have the right to do that earlier,with dignity.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #16: Dec 22, 2009 06:20:18 am
      We have seen the performances over the past few matches have been good but only in patches.This indicates that players haven't lost their form that badly and still remember the way they played last season but the problem this time around could be lacking confidence.Here the man-management and motivational skills of the support staff especially the manager comes in handy which I am starting to doubt seriously.If Wenger's cries could reverse the fortunes of Arsenal at half-time and give them the belief that they can beat anyone then why can't Rafa do it.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,238 posts | 8574 
      Reply #17: Dec 22, 2009 01:15:50 pm
      my friend, if we keep concentrating on the f*cking owners we'll get nowhere, believe me. If this club has to be sold, it should win trophies to attract business men, am I right?

Trophies only matter to the fans.

All any owners care about is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #18: Dec 22, 2009 01:22:56 pm
      Trophies only matter to the fans.

All any owners care about is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!

Well said, they dont give a sh*t how many trophies we win as long as we are selling shirts and Tv rights in the far east they couldnt give a toss!
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #19: Dec 22, 2009 02:19:01 pm
      Attitude is a little thing but it can make a BIG difference!
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,924 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #20: Dec 22, 2009 06:09:20 pm
      Well i do not want people on my back for what i am going to say but i feel that this years support for the club has been below par to say the least and if we want the players to feel that we are behind them a 100% we need to be heard while were playing well or not !
      Yardie_Ian
      • Forum Michael Robinson
      • Started Topic

• 53 posts |
      Reply #21: Dec 23, 2009 03:59:36 pm
      I feel that this years support for the club has been below par to say the least and if we want the players to feel that we are behind them a 100% we need to be heard while were playing well or not !

We always want the fans to be louder but from my arm chair miles away i really don't think our problem has anything to do with support (or with Rafa, he's always been crazy like a fox).  The only ones who can do the deed at the end of the day are the players (some more than others), It feels like part of Dirk left with Xavi, I don't know maybe something radical is needed.  Forgive me if the thought gives some of you "apperplexy" but i wonder if Steven should be striped of the ban hand it to Jamie?  it's not cricket but I'm sure we can see how removing additional pressure on a player can help there individual performance.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,250 posts | 924 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #22: Dec 23, 2009 06:18:24 pm
      Yes the fans have shown faith some of the players haven't and it's past time they did

Quick Reply