Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Mark Hughes at Man City

Read 5462 times
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Re: Mark Hughes at Man City
      Reply #23: Dec 19, 2009 10:41:29 pm
      Sparky is unlucky to be sacked he's done well at city it should be rafa in the taxi not mark hughes.

Yep Hughes did extremely well to be lying 6th in the table with his £200m mercenaries and unlimited budget.  Whereas Rafa with no money at all is only 2 points behind them with Liverpool...and he deserves the sack instead of Hughes.  ::)
      xxLiverPrinc3ssxx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,018 posts | 62 
      • *****YNWA*****
      Reply #24: Dec 19, 2009 10:44:41 pm
      I'm not surprised he's gone, there's been talk about it for a while.
      He's done well at City in my opinion, and should have been given more time.
      But obviously 8 draws and a sixth spot mid season isn't good enough for the owners.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #25: Dec 20, 2009 03:49:01 am
      You can't let three goals in every week after spending the USA's budget for war on players and expect to keep your job though.

How much was Lescott?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #26: Dec 20, 2009 03:49:41 am
      You can't let three goals in every week after spending the USA's budget for war on players and expect to keep your job though.

How much was Lescott?

20 odd million.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #27: Dec 20, 2009 03:51:01 am
      It was just a matter of time but I have said it once and I will say it again , a manager needs time.

So, Mancini replaces him and how many of those players in City are actually wanted by Mancini? He's gonna shuffle the squad again and he needs time again but wait, the owners are gonna replace him as well if he doesn't deliver?

It's a cycle.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #28: Dec 20, 2009 02:16:01 pm

How much was Lescott?

Too right. You get that much money and he buys Lescott and Toure? And for 40m combined, he deserved to be sacked then.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #29: Dec 21, 2009 02:41:19 am
      It was just a matter of time but I have said it once and I will say it again , a manager needs time.

So, Mancini replaces him and how many of those players in City are actually wanted by Mancini? He's gonna shuffle the squad again and he needs time again but wait, the owners are gonna replace him as well if he doesn't deliver?

It's a cycle.

A cycle that Mark Hughes fell off and could not get back on again.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #30: Dec 21, 2009 02:53:22 am
      The only good thing now is that they will be able to attract more international players.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #31: Dec 21, 2009 01:43:50 pm
      To be honest I feel sorry for Mark Hughes. Everybody is so bloody impatient these days and wants instant success, well sometimes you just have to learn to be patient and wait.

Too much money, too little time.

Sad.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #32: Dec 21, 2009 02:09:07 pm
      The only good thing now is that they will be able to attract more international players.
      The money dictates the attraction mate or so it seems for the majority of so called quality internationals (read mercineries) irrespective though changing managers for the sake of it seldom works, having said that Chelsea seem to be the exception to the rule.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #33: Dec 21, 2009 02:18:41 pm

Na. That was an awful long time ago!

I'm just kidding ;)
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #34: Dec 22, 2009 08:06:41 am
       Is it not time the thread title was changed to,
                                                                       Mark Hughes Not At Manchester City.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #35: Dec 22, 2009 09:56:07 am
      Have you seen the new managers shopping list? Things are becoming clearer though it now appears that if a manager is in the euro clique and has a certain affinity with the Italian or Spanish leagues,he is able to attract the elite of those leagues. this qualifies him for a post at a club like Citeh who have unlimited funds with which to acquire a team of mercenaries.
      Mark Hughes while of course having all the credentials for the job is more of a traditional coach who will use traditional methods to do his job but these will not give the overnight results required.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #36: Dec 22, 2009 10:10:12 am
      The money dictates the attraction mate or so it seems for the majority of so called quality internationals (read mercineries) irrespective though changing managers for the sake of it seldom works, having said that Chelsea seem to be the exception to the rule.

Most targets of City would of thought 'who is this Hughes fella?' and now they see Mancini there and i think they'll be taken more seriously by bigger name players.

Wouldn't surprise me to see players like Yaya Toure, Eric Abidal etc. at the club very soon.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #37: Dec 22, 2009 10:47:16 am
      Most targets of City would of thought 'who is this Hughes fella?' and now they see Mancini there and i think they'll be taken more seriously by bigger name players.

Wouldn't surprise me to see players like Yaya Toure, Eric Abidal etc. at the club very soon.
      Things are becoming clearer though it now appears that if a manager is in the euro clique and has a certain affinity with the Italian or Spanish leagues,he is able to attract the elite of those leagues. this qualifies him for a post at a club like Citeh who have unlimited funds with which to acquire a team of mercenaries.
      Mark Hughes while of course having all the credentials for the job is more of a traditional coach who will use traditional methods to do his job but these will not give the overnight results required.
      Said the same thing in the earlier post as you can see above mate, it is not the best way to carry on as I'm sure you agree it just promotes a two tier league with three or four super rich clubs forming an elite.
      PrideofEngland
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts |
      Reply #38: Dec 28, 2009 09:04:01 pm
      Cocky and arrogant ever since he got the job. Even said last season, that  "City and Chelsea have taken over from Man United and Liverpool as the biggest game of the season, as the focal point of the English Calendar".

Should never have taken the job, he knew what the end result was ALWAYS going to be.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #39: Dec 29, 2009 01:23:35 am
      He was a little man for a big job...

Quick Reply