Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Arda Turan (Galatasaray)

Read 113420 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: Arda Turan(Galatasaray)
      Reply #46: Jan 10, 2010 03:50:45 am
      Not at the moment mate, I think the only solid link is Maxi.. although he does seem to favour Liverpool so if a move happens we should get first shout. Though it seems he wants to win the league with Galatasaray then maybe move in the summer.

He might as well fulfill that ambition, buckleys chance of a title here this season. Saying that, id love him to help us out with the top four battle.
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #47: Jan 10, 2010 04:07:42 am
      He might as well fulfill that ambition, buckleys chance of a title here this season. Saying that, id love him to help us out with the top four battle.

I just think lets catch the Manc Scum.. then who knows! we win our game in hand they are 8 points, we have to go their place.. last year we won 4-1, so that could be five points, so its not as big as it looks.. we really need to hit top form now though as they are dropping points.. but call it blind faith, we have to believe we can win every game and get back in the race, sorry to go off topic. 
      sivapc
      • Banned

• 238 posts | -25 
      Reply #48: Jan 10, 2010 05:03:49 am
      i heard that he's a liverpool fan?
      dave09
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 153 posts | -1 
      Reply #49: Jan 10, 2010 07:44:24 pm
      I dunno saw Ballague interview him a couple of weeks ago and ask him about Liverpool, if I was a Valencia fan I wouldn't be to confident of saying after the Summer the way he answered the question

Valencia are currently £400 million in debt if they fail to get Champions League football this year the manager will have no option.

valencia look like they will get champions league football
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #50: Jan 13, 2010 11:55:32 pm
      Would F***ing love it if he came here now....
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #51: Jan 14, 2010 12:41:42 pm
      This man is immense!

Check the video at the end of the page! (Apologies if it's already been posted!) Just the kind of player we need, silky to the bone!!

Rafa I still back you, despite the hate your getting, do us a favour sell a bit more of the dead wood and bring this man in!!

http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/index.php/2009/12/29/mourinho-eyes-a-return-liverpools-new-target-and-more

ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #52: Jan 14, 2010 02:47:36 pm
      He certainly has some talent but watching him constantly try to take everyone on when he should just cross the ball would get annoying.

wasn't this what a lot of scum supporters were saying about the greasy c**t ronaldo in his first season? a bit of coaching, that raw talent will be a transormation for our club. torres might finally start getting some class service from the wings and we will be an exciting, attacking team like last season. 15 mil? bargain in my opinion. 3 years later, people will be offering us double that at least. get him in pleaaaaaaaase!!!
      weshall_kop
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 300 posts | 13 
      Reply #53: Jan 15, 2010 04:02:45 am
      wasn't this what a lot of scum supporters were saying about the greasy c**t ronaldo in his first season? a bit of coaching, that raw talent will be a transormation for our club. torres might finally start getting some class service from the wings and we will be an exciting, attacking team like last season. 15 mil? bargain in my opinion. 3 years later, people will be offering us double that at least. get him in pleaaaaaaaase!!!

Well said Ozi-wozzy I too think 15 mill is a bargain but whats going to happen is that some other club will take this lad and we will be left to ponder what if ...
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #54: Jan 15, 2010 04:32:40 am
      yes he does hold the ball quite a bit for Gala and Turkey , but he is first and foremost a team player, which differs with that gay pr**k who I don't want to even mention.
      Over the years, I have followed a fair bit of Turkish footy, and Arda is a genuinely classy customer. Skills to burn and just that bit of creativity that we yearn for at Anfield.
      I'm genuinely worried that Wenger will snap him up and turn him into a weapon. That will hurt. Buy him now, or put a deal in place now, for the summer.
      He won't be at the World Cup so he can start fresh and he'd be raring to go next season.

He has spoken a few times about his admiration of our great club and it's supporters.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #55: Jan 15, 2010 12:20:02 pm
      Babel and the money from Voronin & Dossena would suffice to get Arda in my opinion.

Two new wingers in a striker on loan would be decent buisness during this window given our circumstance, however I can not see it happening.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #56: Jan 15, 2010 05:09:58 pm
      Babel has said on Twitter that he's been left out of the squad for Stoke with no explanation from Benitez.

This could mean two things:
      1) He is potentially part of a swap deal for Turan or;
      2) He was just so sh*te he's not getting another chance
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #57: Jan 15, 2010 05:18:21 pm
      I'd prefer number 1
      but I suspect number 2 ;D
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #58: Jan 15, 2010 05:19:09 pm
      That is what a couple of sites have that there is a potential swap deal for Babel and Turan. It even says Kewell has talking glowingly about the club.

Jaysus maybe Kewell might at last do something good for the club.
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Arda Turan (Galatasaray)
      Reply #59: Jan 15, 2010 05:23:12 pm
      Arda Turan: Liverpool in £13M Babel Swap Deal for Dazzling Turkish Star

http://community.footballpools.com/blog/2010/01/15/arda-turan-liverpool-in-13m-babel-swap-deal-for-dazzling-turkish-star/

According to reports in the Turkish press, Rafa Benitez rejected the recent bid from Birmingham for Ryan Babel as they are in negotiations with Turkish giants Galatasaray for a swap deal plus cash for their captain and star man Arda Turan. The player was widely expected to leave Galatasaray last summer with the club finishing a highly disappointing 5th in the Turkish league, 10 points behind champions Besiktas. However, it would seem this will now be Arda’s last season with the club before moving abroad although Benitez is trying to push through a deal this month as he looks to claw back a Champions League place by the end of the current campaign.

An added bonus for potential suitors of Arda is the player’s versatility as he can play on either flank or even in a more central role. It’s no surprise that Liverpool are so strongly linked to the golden boy of Turkish football as Rafa Benitez has been looking to add some much needed flair to his strong outfit. The injuries to Fernando Torres, Steven Gerrard and Yossi Benayoun have led Liverpool to attempt to push through a deal as soon as possible with the team lacking its most creative and goal scoring talent.

The 22-year-old Galatasaray midfielder enjoyed an excellent season individually last season even though the team ultimately struggled after scoring 7 goals in 29 league appearances (27 starts). In the 2007/08 season he also weighed in with 7 goals in 30 league appearances (29 starts) which led to interest from England, Spain and Italy. As new captain of the side, Arda has scored 4 goals in 16 league appearances this season as the club sit 2nd in the league, 1 point behind leaders Fenerbahce. Arda is a team-mate of former Liverpool star Harry Kewell and reports suggest the Australian has given a glowing report about life at Anfield.

Since breaking into the first team he has scored an impressive 23 goals from 102 (90 starts) league appearances and has become a mainstay of the team that won the 2007/08 Turkish title. His match-winning performances in Turkey’s superb Euro 2008 displays also intensified the growing interest in the exciting winger as well as increased his price tag.

The player is expected to cost around £13m which may not be too much of a gamble for Liverpool if he can realise his amazing potential in England. Rafa Benitez is reported to have offered £3m and Ryan Babel for the Turkish star which would be good business with the sales of Andrei Voronin and Andrea Dossena comfortably covering that outlay.

Arda has won 35 caps for his country (4 goals) despite his tender age after progressing from the U19 and U21 sides. The youngster is both quick and two footed and has been likened to former Galatasaray legend Gheorghe Hagi in his home country so should give you an idea of how highly he is rated. If Arda was to join Rafa Benitez’ team then the amount of creative attacking talent at the Spaniard’s disposal would be hugely increased following the arrival of Maxi Rodriguez this month. Arda fits the bill in terms of creativity and technical ability but we will have to wait and see if Liverpool can indeed secure the golden boy of Turkish football.

So would you like to see this exciting young talent in the Premier League or do you feel he could flatter to deceive in the hurly burly pace of the English top flight? Let’s hear your views.

Best of Arda Turan 2009 *HQ*
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #60: Jan 15, 2010 05:29:49 pm
      Please be true I can't remember when we last had a bit of flair in the team, he could change everything, Id donate money myself to get him.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #61: Jan 15, 2010 05:30:31 pm
      Please be true I can't remember when we last had a bit of flair in the team, he could change everything, Id donate money myself to get him.

Wanting this guy in the team pretty badly, I must say.

He has the makings of a superstar.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #62: Jan 15, 2010 05:34:47 pm
      Offer your 'services'. ;)

But would he play as a striker then as we've got Maxi now, and don't exactly need way more wide men, just need a backup for Nando.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #63: Jan 15, 2010 05:35:02 pm
      I've been an Atheist for, at least 34 years but i'll tell you this; tonight Jesus, Allah and Buddha are all getting asked if they can make this happen..... and that's only after having read the words "Babel" and "Swap" FFS!  :angel:
      « Last Edit: Jan 15, 2010 06:03:12 pm by bad boy bubby »
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #64: Jan 15, 2010 05:36:15 pm
      This would be an awesome deal. I'm afraid to hope.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #65: Jan 15, 2010 05:36:49 pm
      I do we are so bad to watch at the moment it is embarrassing we can't keep the ball.

I would love to see a pacy wide man that can take on players and keep possession it would give us an extra dimension to our game rather than someone like Kuyt who will run around all day but is sh*te in possession of the ball.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #66: Jan 15, 2010 05:39:33 pm
      I've been an Atheist for, at least 34 years but i'll tell you this; tonight Jesus, Allah and Buddha are all getting asked if they can make this happen..... and that's only after having read the words "Babel" and "Swap" FFS!  :angel:

If this is for real and it comes off I think I'll take up Sunday Morning Mass.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #67: Jan 15, 2010 06:02:10 pm
      It was suggested in the story that Harry Kewell may have thrown his two cents worth in and I thought that's it we're fu**ed now, surprisingly enough he is thought to have spoken in glowing terms of his time at Anfield???
      Ours is not to reason why but he must have had a few Aussie whites down his neck, whatever this lad looks the business and could go a long way in solving our wide problems - let's pray to the various effigies that the there is a deal to be done.
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #68: Jan 15, 2010 06:20:18 pm

http://community.footballpools.com/blog/2010/01/15/arda-turan-liverpool-in-13m-babel-swap-deal-for-dazzling-turkish-star/

According to reports in the Turkish press, Rafa Benitez rejected the recent bid from Birmingham for Ryan Babel as they are in negotiations with Turkish giants Galatasaray for a swap deal plus cash for their captain and star man Arda Turan. The player was widely expected to leave Galatasaray last summer with the club finishing a highly disappointing 5th in the Turkish league, 10 points behind champions Besiktas. However, it would seem this will now be Arda’s last season with the club before moving abroad although Benitez is trying to push through a deal this month as he looks to claw back a Champions League place by the end of the current campaign.

An added bonus for potential suitors of Arda is the player’s versatility as he can play on either flank or even in a more central role. It’s no surprise that Liverpool are so strongly linked to the golden boy of Turkish football as Rafa Benitez has been looking to add some much needed flair to his strong outfit. The injuries to Fernando Torres, Steven Gerrard and Yossi Benayoun have led Liverpool to attempt to push through a deal as soon as possible with the team lacking its most creative and goal scoring talent.

The 22-year-old Galatasaray midfielder enjoyed an excellent season individually last season even though the team ultimately struggled after scoring 7 goals in 29 league appearances (27 starts). In the 2007/08 season he also weighed in with 7 goals in 30 league appearances (29 starts) which led to interest from England, Spain and Italy. As new captain of the side, Arda has scored 4 goals in 16 league appearances this season as the club sit 2nd in the league, 1 point behind leaders Fenerbahce. Arda is a team-mate of former Liverpool star Harry Kewell and reports suggest the Australian has given a glowing report about life at Anfield.

Since breaking into the first team he has scored an impressive 23 goals from 102 (90 starts) league appearances and has become a mainstay of the team that won the 2007/08 Turkish title. His match-winning performances in Turkey’s superb Euro 2008 displays also intensified the growing interest in the exciting winger as well as increased his price tag.

The player is expected to cost around £13m which may not be too much of a gamble for Liverpool if he can realise his amazing potential in England. Rafa Benitez is reported to have offered £3m and Ryan Babel for the Turkish star which would be good business with the sales of Andrei Voronin and Andrea Dossena comfortably covering that outlay.

Arda has won 35 caps for his country (4 goals) despite his tender age after progressing from the U19 and U21 sides. The youngster is both quick and two footed and has been likened to former Galatasaray legend Gheorghe Hagi in his home country so should give you an idea of how highly he is rated. If Arda was to join Rafa Benitez’ team then the amount of creative attacking talent at the Spaniard’s disposal would be hugely increased following the arrival of Maxi Rodriguez this month. Arda fits the bill in terms of creativity and technical ability but we will have to wait and see if Liverpool can indeed secure the golden boy of Turkish football.

So would you like to see this exciting young talent in the Premier League or do you feel he could flatter to deceive in the hurly burly pace of the English top flight? Let’s hear your views.

Best of Arda Turan 2009 *HQ*
      Please!!!!

Quick Reply