Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Arda Turan (Galatasaray)

Read 113214 times
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Re: Arda Turan (Galatasaray)
      Reply #759: Jun 15, 2011 07:56:20 pm
      He just turned down a move to Atleti because they appointed Fatih Terim as Galatasaray's new manager at his request.  Not convinced these Chelsea rumours have legs.
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #760: Jun 15, 2011 10:34:05 pm
      Hes quality, was just in turkey last week and hes highly rated there by gala fans. hes young and hungry and wants to go to lfc to plya for a big club..

hes got enough pace, strength and skill can cross a ball and would be a worthy addition for 14mish imo

I dont know why we are constantly linked with either big name players we'll never get or young english players we overpay for. Heres a guy who ticks all the boxes comolli/ kenny sets and he wants to play for us..

Worth a punt surely
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #761: Jun 16, 2011 08:29:00 am
      hope we seriously look and renew our interest in him....he plays in a physical and rough league so you know, he can handle what these EPL defenders throw @ him.....ppl speak of his pace not being extremely great, but by no means is he considered to be "slow"....great crosser, good dribbler and great technique has a good first touch pass too....I might catch alot of sh*t for this but he may be a better fit on the left than Mata....plz dont interpret this as im saying Turan is a better player than Mata because im not
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #762: Jun 16, 2011 10:55:29 am
      He won't be leaving Gala.

He just turned down a move to Atleti because they appointed Fatih Terim as Galatasaray's new manager at his request.

Vitez is spot on, it was in As.com a few weeks ago stating why he turned down Atletico, when a deal was all but signed.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #763: Jun 16, 2011 11:02:22 am
      Think we have a chance to snatch this lad,i am a fan of this lad and think we could do very well under Kenny and Steve Clarke.20Million euro take him in a flash.
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #764: Jun 16, 2011 05:40:31 pm
      @JohnBrewinESPN John Brewin
      Neymar will cost £41m - too much for #cfc supposedly. And Guus Hiddink will make Arda Turan his first Chelsea signing - he'll cost £18m.
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #765: Jun 16, 2011 06:22:08 pm
      Neymar will cost £41m - too much for #cfc supposedly. And Guus Hiddink will make Arda Turan his first Chelsea signing - he'll cost £18m.

I think that's a fair assesment can't really see Roman paying more than £40m for a striker.........again

But Arda will defo go there 
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #766: Jun 27, 2011 09:17:16 am
      Chelsea offered Galatasaray's Arda Turan in exchange for Drogba plus £7m in cash

Galatasaray will allow Arda Turan to join Chelsea for £7million plus Didier Drogba.
      With Stamford Bridge target Turan rated at around £18m, the deal values Drogba at just £11m - a meagre offer likely to be rebuffed by Chelsea.
      Left winger Turan, 24, is a Liverpool fan and has been linked with the Merseyside club and Tottenham in the past but Chelsea are very keen following the recommendation of his international coach, Turkey boss Guus Hiddink.

Swap shop: Arda Turan is set to leave Galatasaray this summer with his club hoping to get Didier Drogba as part of a deal
      New Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas could be persuaded to let Drogba, 33, leave for the right price, and the Ivory Coast international will wait to see if Chelsea splash out on another forward before making a decision on his future.
      With Villas-Boas intent on bringing Colombia striker Falcao with him from Porto and Chelsea also showing interest in Udinese’s Alexis Sanchez, Drogba’s competition will not just be limited to £50m striker Fernando Torres and Nicolas Anelka.
      It had been widely assumed Drogba would leave Stamford Bridge this summer with Real Madrid initially very keen, but Villas-Boas will not make any hasty decisions on the playing squad he has inherited.
      However, assistant first-team coach Paul Clement, club doctor Bryan English and fitness coach Glen Driscoll were given notice on Saturday and are on gardening leave.

I want that one: Chelsea's new boss Andre Villas-Boas is keen to start shaping his squad
      Clement joined Chelsea in 1994 as a part-time coach of the Under 15s. He had a six-year spell at Fulham but returned to Stamford Bridge in 2005 and rose up the ranks to work with the first-team under Guus Hiddink and then Ancelotti. He has served under all the managers of the Roman Abramovich era.
      Chelsea’s other assistant first-team coach, Michael Emenalo, a favourite of the Russian, will stay at the club under Villas-Boas, who will bring in fitness coach Jose Mario Rocha and scout Daniel Sousa from Porto.
      The new Chelsea manager will also look to appoint a direct replacement for Clement. Vitor Pereira, his successor at Porto, has already turned down the role.
      Two others who could leave are Jose Boswinga, who is being tracked by Turkish side Besiktas, and Daniel Sturridge. The £16m-rated Under 21 international is wanted on loan by West Brom, Stoke and Bolton.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2008425/Chelsea-offered-Galatasarays-Arda-Turan-exchange-Didier-Drogba-plus-7m.html
      The Last King of Scotland
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #767: Jun 27, 2011 04:57:52 pm
      Real shame. I'd have him at Liverpool tomorrow. Maybe we could arrange a swop deal with Poulsen?

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #768: Jun 27, 2011 04:59:09 pm
      Maybe Villas Boas is going to sell everyone older than him?

Good player Turan.  Would be a decent acquistion for any Premier League team.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #769: Jun 27, 2011 05:02:43 pm
      Good player Turan.  Would be a decent acquistion for any Premier League team.

Agree with all that, remember him giving Finnan a torrid time when we played Gala and Finnan wasn't a bad defender.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #770: Jun 27, 2011 06:09:27 pm
      Maybe Villas Boas is going to sell everyone older than him?

Isn't there a minimum number of registered players? I mean they can't gut the entire roster :D
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,132 posts | 127 
      Reply #771: Jun 27, 2011 06:44:56 pm
      Agree with all that, remember him giving Finnan a torrid time when we played Gala and Finnan wasn't a bad defender.
      Its from that game that I really wanted him here, not just Finnan, no one could take the ball off him.
      Very intelligent player, like Suarez, and doesnt shirk resposibility.
      Would love to see him playing for Liverpool, and going by his quotes, so would he.
      To you KD/DC.
      Galatasaray_1905
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #772: Jun 27, 2011 08:28:40 pm
      I dont think our board as stupid as to exchange Arda for Drogba ... Yes I know Drogba is perfect and I want him in Galatasaray like hell but not to exchange for Arda ... Drogba can play max 2-3 more years but Arda can play at least 10 years ... im %100 sure that if his nationality is Brazillian his worth would be at least 30m euro ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLOmPmBXGc0

I really like this video so much ...

edit:

also i dont want to see him in chelsea shirt ... very unlovely team ... If he goes to europe i want him to go Liverpool ;)
      « Last Edit: Jun 27, 2011 08:57:13 pm by Galatasaray_1905 »
      copycat
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #773: Jun 28, 2011 08:04:41 am
      chelsea move will be a huge mistake for arda. because chelsea fans dont interest arda so much. i think if he will be in red shirt there will be a bigger two-ways passion between pool fans and arda.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #774: Jun 28, 2011 08:20:40 am
      chelsea move will be a huge mistake for arda. because chelsea fans dont interest arda so much. I think if he will be in red shirt there will be a bigger two-ways passion between pool fans and arda.

hopefully this is why mata comes to us! sorry to bring him up here but this is what people who aren't reds don't get - it feels like we care more about how a target has been going, not what they could do for us
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #775: Jun 28, 2011 02:16:17 pm
      I dont think our board as stupid as to exchange Arda for Drogba ... Yes I know Drogba is perfect and I want him in Galatasaray like hell but not to exchange for Arda ... Drogba can play max 2-3 more years but Arda can play at least 10 years ... im %100 sure that if his nationality is Brazillian his worth would be at least 30m euro ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLOmPmBXGc0

I really like this video so much ...

edit:

also I dont want to see him in chelsea shirt ... very unlovely team ... If he goes to europe I want him to go Liverpool ;)

One man's Hell is another man's Heaven.

Welcome to the board, it is nice to see people from other teams giving their opinion.

I am a big fan of Arda and have been for many years and would be delighted if he were to sign for Liverpool. Like you it would make me sad to see him sign for Chelsea because this is not his type of team, he has more class than that. As one of my favourite players I hope he either stays at Galatasaray or comes to Liverpool.

I still think Juan Manuel Mata is a better fit because in a 3 man attack he would score more goals than Arda in my opinion but Arda is less reliant on his team mates and a constant threat so that would be welcome.

Drogba would destroy the Turkish league if he could stay fit but as you say Turan is your captain, one of your own and because of that you want him to be where he would be happiest if not Gala, we all know the player has said that place would be Liverpool.

andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #776: Jun 28, 2011 03:01:04 pm
      Arda is a great player he would love to play for us
      and i'd love him to come he is what we need.

I'd rather have him than Downing or Adam.
      Not that I dont rate Downing or Adam they are both good
      players but Arda has something extra. Guile..
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #777: Jun 28, 2011 03:04:22 pm

Santos' president has just confirmed that five clubs, one of which is Chelsea, have met the release clause to open negotiations with Neymar.  Sorry didn't know where else to post this ???
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #778: Jun 28, 2011 03:09:21 pm
      Santos' president has just confirmed that five clubs, one of which is Chelsea, have met the release clause to open negotiations with Neymar.  Sorry didn't know where else to post this ???

I'll be shocked if Neymar isn't at Real next season.
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #779: Jul 07, 2011 03:51:16 pm
      Friendly against Galatasaray, anyone :roll:
      ozziboi7
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts |
      Reply #780: Jul 07, 2011 04:32:03 pm
      Haha, i have a feeling that rumours will start to circulate just like Mata when we arranged a friendly with Valencia!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #781: Jul 08, 2011 10:57:39 am
      Why no links about the best player for Guangdong? Or Malaysia? Oh yeah, because no one F***ing knows them. Everyone's conspiracy transfers go nuts when we even agree a friendly these days.

Quick Reply