Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 8th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Ryan Babel (Liverpool)

Read 16374 times
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Re: Ryan Babel (Liverpool)
      Reply #138: Jan 08, 2010 06:08:48 pm
      Like a lot of people, i can't really make my mind up about Babel. Think he has the potential to be a world beater but just hasn't really shown it at Anfield. A lot of people would probably argue that he maybe is under the wrong manager i.e Rafa tends not to play players under-performing but i disagree with that. When i heard that we had rejected £9m for him, i must admit, i was a bit baffled as to why we didn't take the money and run. But some times people forget, and i certainly did, he is still very very young. He is only 23years old and so still has a lot more to learn. He has not finished progressing and i still think he could turn out to be a very good player for us.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #139: Jan 08, 2010 06:55:50 pm
      Frankly speaking, there maybe some arguments supporting Babel's cause. But:
      1) In his years as a Liverpool player, he has never really shown a great potential. Never lived up to that wonderkid image.
      2) More than his play, its his attitude that's the problem. Even Dossena didn't work for us, but you can hardly see anyone on his topic speaking against him. Dossena never cribbed in public over his lack of first team chances. Even when Babel is given a chance, he seems to play half-heartedly. That for me is the biggest problem.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #140: Jan 08, 2010 07:15:02 pm
      Like a lot of people, I can't really make my mind up about Babel. Think he has the potential to be a world beater but just hasn't really shown it at Anfield. A lot of people would probably argue that he maybe is under the wrong manager I.e Rafa tends not to play players under-performing but I disagree with that. When I heard that we had rejected £9m for him, I must admit, I was a bit baffled as to why we didn't take the money and run. But some times people forget, and I certainly did, he is still very very young. He is only 23years old and so still has a lot more to learn. He has not finished progressing and I still think he could turn out to be a very good player for us.

Its a toughie eh. I am fed up with him, and would gladly see the back of him for a nice sum. But then ya know if he comes great some where else it will come back to bite us, not to mention the media will have another angle to slate Rafa on. Of all the possible transfers, this is the most prickliest of them all.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #141: Jan 08, 2010 07:44:31 pm
      Piss off Ryan, he'd rather sit on his arse on the bench and collect a wage than A) Fight for a place in the team or B) Play for another club. Bone-Idle pr**k. Bill Shankly would have a few words to say to this guy. Waste of F***ing space.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,293 posts | 938 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #142: Jan 08, 2010 09:37:21 pm
      Two of the Three deadheads gone hope Babel is next
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,186 posts | 528 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #143: Jan 08, 2010 10:24:55 pm
      I only hope that Rafa knows what he is doing by letting him stay and having this much patience with him after all of his poor performances and his complaining all the time how he is not appreciated enough in Liverpool.As for me on the other hand I would sell the guy to the highest bidder and use that money on somebody who is worthed
      dave09
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 153 posts | -1 
      Reply #144: Jan 09, 2010 12:53:37 am
      i think rafa should sit him down and tell him improve by the end of the season or your gone and birmingham are the only team interested,simple as
      flafson
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 497 posts |
      Reply #145: Jan 09, 2010 06:24:51 pm
      Rafa should tell him that he won't be seeing anymore playtime minutes and if he wants to prove everyone wrong then the door to Birmingham is open.
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #146: Jan 09, 2010 06:36:16 pm
      Rafa should tell him that he won't be seeing anymore playtime minutes and if he wants to prove everyone wrong then the door to Birmingham is open.

It isn't Babel that is saying no. Rafa wants more money from Brim
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,488 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #147: Jan 09, 2010 06:43:28 pm
      Frankly speaking, there maybe some arguments supporting Babel's cause. But:
      1) In his years as a Liverpool player, he has never really shown a great potential. Never lived up to that wonderkid image.
      2) More than his play, its his attitude that's the problem. Even Dossena didn't work for us, but you can hardly see anyone on his topic speaking against him. Dossena never cribbed in public over his lack of first team chances. Even when Babel is given a chance, he seems to play half-heartedly. That for me is the biggest problem.

Attitude I definitely agree with, remember that game where he hurt his ankle and just sat on the ground? Not the kind of thing you want to see.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #148: Jan 09, 2010 06:48:38 pm
      It isn't Babel that is saying no. Rafa wants more money from Brim

Nahhh you've gone the wrong end of the stick mate.

"I have not said that Ryan has to leave the club," Benitez explained to Sky Sports. "We received an offer for the player and he said that he did not want to leave the club. Therefore we rejected the offer."

It is Babel who wont leave.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,488 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #149: Jan 09, 2010 06:50:48 pm
      Nahhh you've gone the wrong end of the stick mate.

"I have not said that Ryan has to leave the club," Benitez explained to Sky Sports. "We received an offer for the player and he said that he did not want to leave the club. Therefore we rejected the offer."

It is Babel who wont leave.

Well to be fair he won't sell Babel for less than 12m, that's the real reason the offer was rejected.
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #150: Jan 09, 2010 07:52:38 pm
      Well to be fair he won't sell Babel for less than 12m, that's the real reason the offer was rejected.

no as Rafa said in his own words 'he did not want to leave the club. Therefore we rejected the offer'.

Im sure the money side could be worked out but it looks like therel be no replacement so he doesnt want to sell. Plus hes held onto him for almost 3 years now he must see something there at least. Hope to god this saga gives babel a kick up the hole and he tries to push on.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,488 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #151: Jan 09, 2010 08:05:06 pm
      Replacement for him? He doesn't play?  :lmao:

All I've seen from babel is that he's a good impact sub. That's it.

And sure to be fair he is played out of position anyway. I'd like to see him up front with Torres in a 4-4-2 formation and see what happens. :f_whistle:
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #152: Jan 09, 2010 08:45:42 pm
      Also, with Maxi Rodriguez coming, the right side is covered, Suarez is awful on the left.

Rafa will probably play Maxi at Left Back anyway  :f_tongueincheek:
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #153: Jan 09, 2010 11:38:07 pm
      Attitude I definitely agree with, remember that game where he hurt his ankle and just sat on the ground? Not the kind of thing you want to see.

Have to say in Babel's defence,that did turn out to be a serious ankle injury.Kept him out of the picture for some time.
      LiverpoolJay
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      • Never lose hope
      Reply #154: Jan 10, 2010 03:01:20 pm
      Has anyone heard of the rumoured swap between Babel and Jones

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/tm_headline=rafa-benitez-wants-kenwyne-jones-swap-deal-for-ryan-babel%26method=full%26objectid=21955460%26siteid=93463-name_page.html

I think it will be an alright deal, because if we do sell babel most if not all of the money received will be absorbed into the club, and if Rodriguez comes then at least we will have cover on the wing and a proven EPL goalscorer
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #155: Jan 10, 2010 03:09:54 pm
      That'd be a pretty good deal I think.

He's actually got everything, Kenwyne. He just doesn't play to his ability a lot of the time - maybe due the fact he doesn't have the right players around him?

He could potentially be an absolutely tremendous striker, maybe worth a gamble.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #156: Jan 10, 2010 06:51:29 pm
      Rather swap him with a midfielder to be honest and see Pacheco get more chances.
      dave09
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 153 posts | -1 
      Reply #157: Jan 10, 2010 07:36:03 pm
      i am starting to warm to the idea about swapping for jones
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #158: Jan 11, 2010 04:58:33 am
      Jones is an awful finisher. Rather Heskey, he'd be cheaper and does the same job.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,668 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #159: Jan 11, 2010 09:36:02 am
      Swap him for Milner and Heskey. Could do with getting a 2 for 1 deal in before we have no players left
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #160: Jan 11, 2010 11:05:31 am
      Swap him for Milner and Heskey. Could do with getting a 2 for 1 deal in before we have no players left

No chance MON would sell Milner to us for Babel.

Quick Reply