Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Shows they should of left well alone

Read 1606 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,017 posts | 3352 
      Shows they should of left well alone
      Jan 04, 2010 02:15:32 am
      Some real classic shows were just ruined because they were brought back, biggest example is Minder. George Cole as Arthur and Dennis Waterman as Terry worked a treat when Terry left, they tried to bring it back with Arthur's nephew Ray and then the other year they brought it back again with Shane F***ing Ritchie. Just leave it alone.

I'd say the same about Fools and Horses, for me it should of been left in 96 with Del, Rodney and Albert walking into the sunset as the millionaires Del had always dreamed of becoming. As good as the last three were and as chuffed I was that Rodney and Cas finally got a kid, I think it should of been left with them as millionaires. Not sure if the new one off about Joan (The Trotters' mam) and Freddie Robdul (aka Freddie the Frog - Rodney's biological dad) is gonna work either. It's set when Del, Boycie, Denzil and Trigger are all around the age of 15/16 (I think)

The Royle Family is another, where the one special worked but now it's nowhere near as funny as it should be. The one where Nana died was quality in my opinion - funny as well as a real tear jerker when Nana finally did die. But the last two, "The New Sofa" and "The Golden Egg Cup" have been bordering on too silly.

Shooting Stars is another that should never of been brought back, then again it should never of been a show in the first place. And sticking with Vic and Bob, they should never of done Randall and Hopkirk (deceased). The original was ok with Michael Pratt as Randall and the other fella, whose name escapes me right now, playing Hopkirk but the modern version was a complete joke. And not a funny joke at all.

Any other shows that should of been left alone instead of constantly trying to bring it back?
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Re: Shows they should of left well alone
      Reply #1: Jan 04, 2010 03:11:34 am
      I think The Simpsons is a show that should have finished up about 8 years ago.  The older episodes are classics that you can watch again and again but the newer ones are just stale and seem intent on just promoting celebrities. Don't even get me started about the movie.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #2: Jan 05, 2010 09:17:48 am
      I would add The Professionals to that DLS, the original with Bodie and Doyle was great but the new one done a few years ago was quite poor.

On a film note they are remaking The Warriors this year which is not gonna work.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #3: Jan 05, 2010 11:19:34 am
      And why ruin Reg Perrin with a remake,just not the same.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #4: Jan 05, 2010 01:40:19 pm
      Joey was a disaster, should have left it at friends instead of a spin off.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #5: Jan 05, 2010 06:00:36 pm
      I think The Simpsons is a show that should have finished up about 8 years ago.  The older episodes are classics that you can watch again and again but the newer ones are just stale and seem intent on just promoting celebrities. Don't even get me started about the movie.
      I second that the majority of the older episodes are brilliant however these new ones I've found myself changing the channel to watch a two & a half men episode I've probably seen twenty times.

My family I think they should of ended when Nick left, nowhere near as funny after that.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #6: Jan 06, 2010 05:53:09 am
      Joey was a disaster, should have left it at friends instead of a spin off.

Couldn't agree more.

I can't deny I was really looking forward to it when it was first announced though, as I am a huge fan of Friends.

Quick Reply