Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Marouane Chamakh (Bordeaux)

Read 28731 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,393 posts | 2823 
      Re: Marouane Chamakh (Bordeaux)
      Reply #299: Feb 09, 2010 05:52:39 pm
      If he thinks a move to Arsenal is best for his career then fair enough.

He's wrong, but fair enough.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #300: Feb 09, 2010 05:56:05 pm
      With a full squad, he'll have Bendtner, Van Persie, Arshavin, Eduardo to compete with off the top of my head. All for one spot. Here, he'll have Torres and Ngog. Plus, i think Rafa would change up and drop Gerrard back to play him up top with Torres.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #301: Feb 09, 2010 07:20:44 pm
      It says on ceefax's football page, that he would prefer to go to Arsenal. Hopefully that isn't the case as I think he could do a job for us.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #302: Feb 09, 2010 07:52:09 pm
      Not sure if it's a credible source but I just saw something on a Fabregas Facebook page from sport.co.uk saying that he's agreed a contract with Arsenal (posted about an hour ago).
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #303: Feb 09, 2010 09:20:07 pm
      I think Rafa is very disppointed, if it is true, that we have missed out on him. I think it would have been a fantastic chance to get a good player for no fee, except a sign on fee. However, everything happens for a reason.
      Nabil el Zhar
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 132 posts | -1 
      Reply #304: Feb 09, 2010 10:31:38 pm
      VTM channel confirmed the signing of Milan instead of Chamakh. 3 years contract for 3 mil euro a year
      http://www.le10sport.com/Football/Foot-Anglais/Liverpool-oublie-Chamakh-et-fait-signer-Jovanovic-090233298.html

Cally
      • Banned

• 83 posts | -7 
      Reply #305: Feb 09, 2010 10:36:46 pm
      How many strikers do we need? I doubt Chamakh was going anywhere but Arsenal anyway and we just enquired, but what's the point? Jovanic is in the bag, and Ngog has come on leaps and bounds this season but suddenly he was going to be vying with two other more experienced strikers as cover for Torres. Benitez baffles me at times.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #306: Feb 09, 2010 10:48:28 pm
      Cant believe he would consider Arsenal a better option than us. As Crouchy has said above, he'll do well to earn a starting place in the Arsenal XI.

Daft lad, I was excited about this one but hey F**k him, we'll just have to look elsewhere.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #307: Feb 10, 2010 04:54:09 am
      Bye you F***ing c**t. Keep fighting for your place in Arsenal. You might not even be second choice there.
      alliphone
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts | -32 
      Re: Is Rafa the right man?
      Reply #308: Feb 10, 2010 08:40:43 am
      Earlier in the Marouane Chamakh's thread, said that Liverpool ready to battle Arsenal for Chamakh's signature, Rafa then said we'll not sign Chamakh. Is that simply because Chamakh prefer to go to the Emirates than Anfield?
      Any other reason?
      If there's any other reason why it's so soon to say we're never gonna get Chamakh's signature?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Is Rafa the right man?
      Reply #309: Feb 10, 2010 08:41:52 am
      Earlier in the Marouane Chamakh's thread, said that Liverpool ready to battle Arsenal for Chamakh's signature, Rafa then said we'll not sign Chamakh. Is that simply because Chamakh prefer to go to the Emirates than Anfield?
      Any other reason?
      If there's any other reason why it's so soon to say we're never gonna get Chamakh's signature?

Because he wants to go Arsenal, is the reason Rafa has said it. Um, duh?
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #310: Feb 10, 2010 09:07:13 am
      Thread should be locked? Benitez admitted defeat...
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #311: Feb 10, 2010 09:07:49 am
      Thread should be locked? Benitez admitted defeat...

When it's confirmed he's agreed a deal with another club.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #312: Feb 10, 2010 09:09:58 am
      Since Milan Jovanovinovinovivich has already signed with us,I don't think this guy will be coming to us now.Anyways we don't need 2 back-ups for Nando.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #313: Feb 10, 2010 11:16:21 am
      Lot of reports today have Rafa very disappointed with this because with the current owners there is going to be a big struggle with acquiring free transfers in the Summer as well.
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #314: Feb 10, 2010 12:53:30 pm
      Marouane Chamakh is set to join Arsenal - just as William Gallas could be on his way out.

Bordeaux striker Chamakh, 25, has agreed a pre-contract with the Gunners after Arsenal offered him a five year deal worth £50,000-a-week, as revealed on MirrorFootball on January 30 . The striker has told friends he will sign the deal on Friday.

Chamakh is set to come in next season after turning down more money to join Liverpool because he wanted to work with Arsene Wenger who has been trying to sign the Moroccan since last summer.

It will be a huge boost for Arsenal to land Chamakh after their injury problems with forwards and the deal will also help appease the club's shareholders and fans after a quiet January transfer window.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Marouane-Chamakh-snubs-Liverpool-to-seal-Arsenal-pre-contract-article318407.html

Bit pissed that we let him go...
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #315: Feb 10, 2010 01:11:45 pm
      Bit pissed that we let him go...

WE didn't let him go! HE WANTED TO GO TO ARSENAL!
      'Chamakh is set to come in next season after turning down more money to join Liverpool because he wanted to work with Arsene Wenger who has been trying to sign the Moroccan since last summer.'
      alliphone
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts | -32 
      Reply #316: Feb 11, 2010 01:22:38 pm
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/8506901.stm?

Arsenal, Liverpool & Tottenham talk to Marouane Chamakh 

Chamakh enjoyed his most prolific season in 2008-09, scoring 21 times
      Bordeaux striker Marouane Chamakh revealed he has held talks with three Premier League clubs but denied signing a pre-contract agreement with Arsenal.

The 26-year-old Moroccan, available on a free transfer in the summer, admitted he had been in contact with the Gunners, Liverpool and Tottenham.

"Some said I have signed for Arsenal. I deny it categorically," he said.

"It's true there are contacts with English clubs, including Arsenal, but I deny there's a deal."

Chamakh, whose contract with the French champions expires in June, added: "The more it goes, the less I see myself playing for Bordeaux next season."

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez admitted on Tuesday that he is unlikely to sign Chamakh, stating: "I do not think we will sign him - but I will not say any more."

Chamakh has long been linked with Arsenal, who host Liverpool in the Premier League on Wednesday, but Gunners boss Arsene Wenger refused to be drawn on potential signings.

"We are talking to nobody," said the Frenchman. "We are focusing on the game against Liverpool.

"I believe he talks to many clubs, which he is entitled to do. Chamakh is free to sign a pre-contract, he is free to sign where he wants, but I cannot interfere in that."

The striker has scored nine goals for Bordeaux this season in 25 starts in France's Ligue 1 and the Champions League.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #317: Feb 11, 2010 04:14:26 pm
      This one's a closed book.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #318: Feb 11, 2010 04:22:39 pm
      Disappointed with this one, think we need him more than Arsenal do, we can all go on about back up for Torres but Torres injury record is awful nearly worse thans Owens when he was here.

He seems to only be capable of staying fit for half a season at best. We need at least 2 new strikers, we Milan we need 1 more to be honest. It has cost us massively this season having no other option but Torres up front.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #319: Feb 11, 2010 04:37:56 pm
      When the Milan lad gets here it will help out a lot but it's right now we need quality forwards and having the manager with one hand tied and the other devoid of cash is not helpful
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,947 posts | 5007 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #320: Feb 11, 2010 04:39:28 pm
      Extremely unlikely we will sign this player, Especially now that Rafa has secured the services of Jojanovic(is that how you spell it?),I have seen clips of him on youtube(Chamakh) and he looks quality but that doesn't guarantee he would succeed in the EPL, I would rather have David Villa who is a proven international, Yeah i know we're f***in brassic but that might all change in the coming months(hopefully) And we can all speculate can't we.

YNWA      IRWT

HAEMORRHOIDS & GOUT Get the F**k out     of our club
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #321: Feb 11, 2010 04:40:32 pm

Hope it stays that way where we are concerned to be honest.

Quick Reply