Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Marouane Chamakh (Bordeaux)

Read 28734 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Marouane Chamakh (Bordeaux)
      Reply #322: Feb 11, 2010 04:56:05 pm
      We dont want  any player ... that doesn't want to play for us.

Thats what Rafa has always tried to look for.

A player with LFC in their soul...............like Torres.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,348 posts | 1532 
      Reply #323: Feb 11, 2010 08:57:26 pm

That's far more important than his quality. If he hasn't got his heart set on joining us, he won't give 100% in the tougher games. The last thing we want is players who only want to join us because we pay higher wages than the naxt club. Arsenal are welcome to him.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #324: Feb 11, 2010 09:05:50 pm
      Ya but do you think Tevez has the soul of the club as he bangs in the goals for City, or Ronaldo has the soul of Madrid in his heart. Football is all about money these days.

Arsenal obviously have a bigger profile in France with Wenger than us and are reknowned for playing attractive football which we are not, there is a more stable club financial at Arsenal than us, I really don't think it is that suprising he picked Arsenal.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,849 posts | 68 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #325: Feb 11, 2010 09:23:40 pm
      From Chamakh 's point of view he may feel it easier to deal with a frenchman anyway ,he wouldn't have to have a translator and Wenger has done well with the frenchmen he has signed in the past , but if it's true what the media say that he would prefer Arsenal to us then personally i'd have to say B*****S THEN ! WE DON'T WANT YOU !..i feel any player who doesn't have the desire to pull on a red shirt and get into the soul of this club doesn't deserve us anyway .
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #326: Feb 11, 2010 09:29:12 pm
      This soul sh*t I don't buy maybe 20 years ago it was true, it is all about money these days.

I want players playing for us that are talented and ambitious doesn't really bother me if they weren't Liverpool fans in the past as long as they perform.

I would love Silva Villa Mata to sign for Liverpool have they Liverpool in there soul more than likely not and they will probably go to the highest bidder that provides the highest wage that is football now a days.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,849 posts | 68 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #327: Feb 11, 2010 09:36:53 pm
      This soul sh*t I don't buy maybe 20 years ago it was true, it is all about money these days.

I want players playing for us that are talented and ambitious doesn't really bother me if they weren't Liverpool fans in the past as long as they perform.

I would love Silva Villa Mata to sign for Liverpool have they Liverpool in there soul more than likely not and they will probably go to the highest bidder that provides the highest wage that is football now a days.
      bit sad that isn't it? players like Carra who do have the soul 'sh*t' ,Reina ,who appears to have the soul 'sh*t' ..Pepe Reina could leave for any club in europe but he chooses to stay with us because he loves the club ,I don't want to watch a team of individuals who don't give a toss about ther club ,that's what made Liverpool fc different isn't it?
      Nabil el Zhar
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 132 posts | -1 
      Reply #328: Feb 11, 2010 10:40:11 pm

In a french program on Canal+ channel, Benetez was asked about Chamakh, he said : I like him and I wished he would come to Anfield but He choose Arsenal instead. Arsen was asked too, he tried to deny the deal but he confirmed that the deal will be announced in summer.
      alliphone
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts | -32 
      Reply #329: Feb 12, 2010 01:24:21 am

Like Keane?
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #330: Feb 13, 2010 08:09:54 am
      Chamakh is a good french striker that will turn out to be average in the premiership.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #331: Feb 13, 2010 08:36:11 am

Ooooooh Ali.
      You are naughty.

(Ive got a Nokia 3720 mate and no you cant sell me a rip off contract.)
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #332: Feb 14, 2010 11:55:14 am
      F**k you then Chamakh.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #333: Feb 14, 2010 12:04:28 pm

Agreed. Hope he fails miserably. And that Jovanovnovanovaonovavava nononononvich kicks ass >:D
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #334: Feb 14, 2010 12:35:06 pm
      Remember a certain player called Cisse. Top scorer in France, average in England. Chamakh isn't even a prolific goal scorer anyway!!
      Johncolf
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #335: Feb 14, 2010 01:30:09 pm
      He will probably find it hard to adjust to life outside France as Benzema has, also the way Arsenal play makes it hard for their strikers as they play their football on the edge of the opponents box limiting space in behind defences , hopefully this time next year he will regret his decision to snub us.

RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #336: Feb 14, 2010 02:09:55 pm
      Even though he can piss off now, I do think he'll do well in the Premiership. He has got a monster header and is pretty nimble, but because he is a bit wiry, then he could be injury-prone....oh he chose Arsenal, perfect fit then  ;)
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #337: Feb 16, 2010 09:40:12 am
      Agreed. Hope he fails miserably. And that Jovanovnovanovaonovavava nononononvich kicks ass >:D

It's Jovanovinovinovivich. Call yourself a red?
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #338: Feb 16, 2010 10:10:47 am
      Chamakh is 25 David Ngog is 20 both seem to have a similar style of play who is to say Ngog will not out class him and turn into a better player in a few years time if he keeps getting the chance.
      yesh95
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      Reply #339: Feb 16, 2010 10:22:32 am
      just hope ngog gets chances to play and not end up like babel( who btw is an excellent player)
      Boot
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #340: Feb 16, 2010 11:37:06 am
      Chamakh is 25 David Ngog is 20 both seem to have a similar style of play who is to say Ngog will not out class him and turn into a better player in a few years time if he keeps getting the chance.

Yeah and Lucas could end up being the next Gerrard (Me not think so).  IMO by the time you hit 20 you can tell whether a player is going to be any good and i'm afraid Ngog is only going to be an average player at best. 
      yesh95
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      Reply #341: Feb 16, 2010 11:41:19 am
      Age:20 doesnt decide everything. There are many players who werent successful at a earlier age and the best example being anfield new boy milan jovanovic
      Boot
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #342: Feb 16, 2010 12:01:59 pm
      Age:20 doesnt decide everything. There are many players who werent successful at a earlier age and the best example being anfield new boy milan jovanovic

I disagree, however if you can name a half a dozen then I may change my mind.  Also, lets not count our chickens with Milan Jovanovic, he's not played a game in the premiership yet.  I heard this with Voronin.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,393 posts | 2823 
      Reply #343: Feb 16, 2010 12:07:25 pm
      I disagree, however if you can name a half a dozen then I may change my mind.  Also, lets not count our chickens with Milan Jovanovic, he's not played a game in the premiership yet.  I heard this with Voronin.

Henry for starters. Moved to Arsenal when he was 22. Didn't show that much promise before.
      yesh95
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      Reply #344: Feb 16, 2010 12:20:01 pm
      Tony Adams, Luca Toni, Miroslav Klose, Ferenc “Puskás” Purczeld Biró, Marco Materazzi, van Nistelrooy, Edinaldo Batista Libano(aka Grafite) to name a few late bloomers

Quick Reply