Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Marouane Chamakh (Bordeaux)

Read 28733 times
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Marouane Chamakh (Bordeaux)
      Reply #345: Feb 16, 2010 02:12:57 pm
      Henry always showed promise and that is why Juventus paid £11 million to buy him off Monaco. He had undoubted potential and there is no way Ngog can be put at the same level.

Ngog at best will be an average Premiership player Henry was possibly the best premiership player.

Yesh that list you've mentioned I've have my doubts on quiet a few of them players, for one Tony Adams captained Arsenal and played for England at an early age.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,393 posts | 2823 
      Reply #346: Feb 16, 2010 02:18:29 pm
      Henry always showed promise and that is why Juventus paid £11 million to buy him off Monaco. He had undoubted potential and there is no way Ngog can be put at the same level.

Ngog at best will be an average Premiership player Henry was possibly the best premiership player.

Of course Henry is/will be always better than Ngog, that's not my point. I'm just saying Henry didn't show his full potential (or anything close to it) at 20. It was when he was around 22/23 that he started fulfilling his potential. I only said Henry to prove that not everyone in the world has shown their ability by 20.

And that's my last post on the matter as I'm clearly off topic from Chamakh.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #347: Feb 16, 2010 02:22:53 pm
      Henry showed undoubted promise in his late teens, his move to Juventus didn't work due largely to him been played wide on the left. He only blosomed when Wenger changed his position to striker. Ngog has shown no where near the same promise and I've my doubts whether he has a long term future at Liverpool.
      Boot
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #348: Feb 16, 2010 03:46:47 pm
      Tony Adams, Luca Toni, Miroslav Klose, Ferenc “Puskás” Purczeld Biró, Marco Materazzi, van Nistelrooy, Edinaldo Batista Libano(aka Grafite) to name a few late bloomers

I would debate a number of those, but agree that most of them hit there peak later in there career.  I thought you may have mentioned Aldridge, I would have given you that one.

But Ngog is not a natural goalscorer.  I am unsure how old you are, but when Michael Owen or Robbie Fowler came on the scene you just knew that they were quality, yes they improved when they past 20 but they already had a high level of ability. Ngog does not.
      « Last Edit: Feb 16, 2010 03:48:54 pm by Court LFC »
      yesh95
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      Reply #349: Feb 16, 2010 04:47:01 pm
      cant say much about owen or fowler as i havent seen they play much( following football only since 2006) but i think your are writing of Ngog to early. He might not be as good as owen, fowler or henry but he has the potential and you never now at the age of 20. Look at babel, even he was bought for 11 mil.

Quick Reply