Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

General travel inquires

Read 8237 times
      Scott Barton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,552 posts |
      Re: General travel inquires
      Reply #23: Jan 20, 2010 09:13:11 am
      Certainly is. Cant wait. As you can tell by my user name I watch Falkirk in the SPL each week, so looking forward to seeing some real football players for a change ;D.

I'm thinking of staying at the hotel I've mentioned above. Is it an easy/safe walk or do you know bus numbers? Any help appreciated.

I don’t know where that is so I cant help you but anfield hopefully will be a good night for you, I suppose win or lose it beats Falkirk :P

Enjoy the game mate and your time in Liverpool
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #24: Jan 20, 2010 09:47:41 am
      What about the way back? Try and get a taxi as well? I'm prepared to wait and hang around a bit after the game in a local pub or whatever to get a taxi if necessary.

There are plenty of black cabs about to flag down after the match, just have a pint after the game to leave it atleast 30 minutes for the traffic to clear, as you will only be sat in a queue of traffic with the meter ticking.

you can ring for a taxi I use Delta 0151 924 7373 they are pretty cheap
      falkirk_bairn
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts |
      Reply #25: Jan 20, 2010 09:57:00 am
      There are plenty of black cabs about to flag down after the match, just have a pint after the game to leave it atleast 30 minutes for the traffic to clear, as you will only be sat in a queue of traffic with the meter ticking.

Cheers. Its looking like the best option.
      Scott Barton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,552 posts |
      Reply #26: Jan 20, 2010 10:36:11 am
      I reccomend the cabbage mate, just a small walk from the ground
      falkirk_bairn
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts |
      Reply #27: Jan 20, 2010 11:14:51 am
      I reccomend the cabbage mate, just a small walk from the ground

No bother.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #28: Jan 21, 2010 12:58:09 am
      hi...

this is my 1st game going on my own using the public transport...

I have some info on how to get there and how to get back but what form of transfort or route do the away fans use? I dont want to be surrounded by them.!! :D
      Scott Barton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,552 posts |
      Reply #29: Jan 21, 2010 09:10:03 am
      I wouldnt worry mate, the away fans are rarely a bother
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #30: Jan 21, 2010 11:04:35 pm
      I wouldnt worry mate, the away fans are rarely a bother

sweet
      Scott Barton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,552 posts |
      Reply #31: Jan 22, 2010 04:46:27 pm
      aw thanks cherub ;P
      falkirk_bairn
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts |
      Liverpool bus service
      Reply #32: Jan 24, 2010 09:04:59 pm
      Whats the bus service like guys? Was considering using it for getting to and from city centre when I'm down.

However I read a few horror stories on RAWK that the buses are nightmares, that either dont stop or are full of pissheads or folk generally wanting to noise you up.

Are taxis the way forward?
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #33: Jan 24, 2010 09:05:23 pm
      nice one mate ^^ :)
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Re: Liverpool bus service
      Reply #34: Jan 24, 2010 09:12:03 pm
      ^^ Taxi would cost alot as the traffic is bad.. Im using the local train service to Sandhill and follow the crowd way going there and way back.. prob the same or power walk my way back to city cente. I am defo avoiding the busses.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #35: Jan 24, 2010 09:12:39 pm
      Whats the bus service like guys? Was considering using it for getting to and from city centre when I'm down.

However I read a few horror stories on RAWK that the buses are nightmares, that either dont stop or are full of pissheads or folk generally wanting to noise you up.

Depends on when and where your travelling to and from  ???

I noticed that you had posted in the Travel Arrangements Thread, is this for the same journey ??  If so, I will merge the topics together, pointless in making a new one  ;)

Are you not staying in West Derby ??
      falkirk_bairn
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts |
      Reply #36: Jan 24, 2010 09:22:19 pm
      yeah its for the same trip.

I should be staying in west derby. Is the service any good to there?

To be Honest I reckon I would only need 4 taxis max and shouldnt be too expensive as will travel well before the game starts to get in pubs for a few pints and will prob hit the pubs after then get a taxi back to hotel.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8519 
      Reply #37: Jan 24, 2010 09:29:58 pm
      yeah its for the same trip.

I should be staying in west derby. Is the service any good to there?

To be Honest I reckon I would only need 4 taxis max and shouldnt be too expensive as will travel well before the game starts to get in pubs for a few pints and will prob hit the pubs after then get a taxi back to hotel.

Depending on where you are staying in West Derby, it actually shouldn't cost you that much in a taxi, and a bus would only be a couple of stops from West Derby to close to the ground and to the city centre.

Actually the buses aren't that bad. Some of those on RAWK are just cheeky F***ing bas**rds, would like to see what the bus services are like where they are from?

And yes I am sticking up for my city!
      « Last Edit: Jan 24, 2010 09:36:09 pm by HUYTON RED »
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #38: Jan 24, 2010 09:32:42 pm
      If you're staying in West Derby then you have either the 12 or 13 or the 15. All decent services and very regular. You shouldn't wait more than ten minutes for one, and should be in town in about 20-30 minutes. And it only costs £1.70. Taxi would cost a tenner probably.
      falkirk_bairn
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts |
      Reply #39: Jan 24, 2010 09:55:20 pm
      cheers to those who have contributed so far. Will see how it goes.

Would be splitting the cost of a taxi anyway, so for the sake of one weekend a fiver for each taxi ride wouldnt bother me.
      falkirk_bairn
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts |
      Reply #40: Jan 24, 2010 10:24:50 pm
      I already have the number for delta taxis.

Anyone able to provide a couple of numbers for other reputable companies?
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #41: Jan 24, 2010 10:34:11 pm
      You only need Delta mate ;)
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #42: Feb 27, 2010 12:33:14 pm
      When you come out of the ground after a match... the road is basically lined with public buses... they only leave when full, there is no problem with them, might be a few people singing but thats just the Anfield atmosphere following you ;)

If you prefer a taxi, follow the sea of red down the street. Then whenever you see a cab that has its roof sign showing yellow, flag it down and ask to go where you're going. To be honest you'll probably walk for around 10-20 mins so the cab will be cheap enough. :)
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Liverpool Coach Station, Norton St, Merseyside - How Near Is It To Anfield?
      Reply #43: Mar 04, 2010 04:55:41 pm
      Can anyone help me please?

Im planning on coming up for the Lille game and i'm loking at coming up with The National Express coach company. Can anyone tell me how close the ground is to "Liverpool Coach Station, Norton St, Merseyside" and if i need to get a taxi, will they be outside the coach station?

Also does anyone have any taxi company numbers so that i can ring one up after the game and get a taxi back to the coach station?

Many Thanks!

Matt
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #44: Mar 04, 2010 05:15:43 pm
      Can anyone help me please?

Im planning on coming up for the Lille game and i'm loking at coming up with The National Express coach company. Can anyone tell me how close the ground is to "Liverpool Coach Station, Norton St, Merseyside" and if i need to get a taxi, will they be outside the coach station?

Also does anyone have any taxi company numbers so that i can ring one up after the game and get a taxi back to the coach station?

Many Thanks!

Matt

I dont know about the coach station but there is sure to be a taxi rank outside, if you need a number

T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #45: Mar 04, 2010 05:24:08 pm
      Many thanks mate!  :)

Quick Reply