Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Mamadou Sakho (Liverpool > Crystal Palace)

Read 205033 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Re: Mamadou Sakho (Liverpool > Crystal Palace)
      Reply #1978: Dec 23, 2019 01:02:55 pm
      I liked him as a fella and i was looking through the squad that had a shot for the tittle 2013/14.

Well Klopp certainly didn't like him as a fella.

And I would tend to trust Jürgen's judgement of character.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #1979: Dec 23, 2019 01:59:50 pm
      Doesn't get enough sh*t for his thoroughly sh*t ball to Gerrard in the Chelsea home game, when Gerrard slipped. Sakho's pass causes it.

Hahaha come off it. It was a routine pass, the exact same ball gets hit 100s of times a game. Had absolutely nothing to do with him
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1980: Dec 23, 2019 04:41:15 pm
      You are blaming Sakho for that? Im still blaming pitch.

Pitch has got F**k all to do with it. It was a hospital pass, but got forgotten in the hysteria over Stevie's slip.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1981: Dec 23, 2019 04:47:44 pm
      What if it had been another player who was still at the club or who didn't leave in the way Sakho did?

Then I'd call that player a c**t!

Same way I slagged Dossena for being an absolute sh*te left back, the same way I called Charlie Adam a miserable c**t for ignoring some kids as he was leaving the ground in his birds car after the Wolves game at Anfield when Kenny was in charge.

You don't always have to kiss the players' arses you know?
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #1982: Dec 23, 2019 07:30:23 pm
      I thought he was good too our best defender at the time.  But I understand he was a bit marmite. But after he rubbed Jürgen the wrong way it was the end for me.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1983: Dec 23, 2019 08:00:12 pm
      I thought he was good too our best defender at the time.  But I understand he was a bit marmite. But after he rubbed Jürgen the wrong way it was the end for me.

Think he just looked better than he was and we hyped him up to be better than he was because our defence was in such a mess back then, we were desperate for him to have that impact Virgil has. But looking back, on the whole he was pretty sh*t. Him and Lovren together were a complete disaster with zero communication. Think in their first game together they were falling over each other and getting in each other’s way.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1984: Dec 23, 2019 08:12:06 pm
      Liked Mamadou, was in our best 2 CBs at the time, wholehearted chap, didn't work out with Jürgen and you know who we'll side with there.  Him and Benteke playing at Palace with Woy, that's probably the right place for all of em imho.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #1985: Dec 23, 2019 08:24:44 pm
      Think he just looked better than he was and we hyped him up to be better than he was because our defence was in such a mess back then, we were desperate for him to have that impact Virgil has. But looking back, on the whole he was pretty sh*t. Him and Lovren together were a complete disaster with zero communication. Think in their first game together they were falling over each other and getting in each other’s way.

Like I said I thought he was good.  When he played for us my only concern was his injury problems.  They were fans that would get nervous with his bambi legs and the odd slip here and there but I felt comfortable with that sort of unorthodox style.  In my opinion he was a good ball player, strong very strong, nippy for a big guy, good in challenges he did everything well. 

I thought he was better than Lovren, but in hindsight though it was for different reasons, But I thought keeping Lovren out of the two was better. Not that it was an option at the time.   I can't remember him playing on the right of defense and with his bambi legs am not sure he would be as effective on the right.  We all know that  VVD is on a totally different level to all them defenders at that time and now. 
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #1986: Dec 23, 2019 09:14:47 pm
      Pitch has got f**k all to do with it. It was a hospital pass, but got forgotten in the hysteria over Stevie's slip.

It was a perfectly normal pass mate. Gerrard let it roll under his foot as he was looking up to see who was on for the long ball. Then slipped as his feet were in an unnatural position once he'd realised

Nothing to do with Sakho. Those passes are made 100s of times a game
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1987: Nov 04, 2020 05:57:51 pm
      https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/nov/04/mamadou-sakho-wins-substantial-damages-from-wada-over-drugs-claims-libel

Sakho wins his libel case against the World Anti-Doping Agency. Sweeping ruling in his favor to declare he did not take a substance that was banned (when he took it ). I'm not his biggest fan, but glad to see this abuse of power has been corrected.

The article talks about how it kept him out of the Euros, but didn't we also miss out on a starting center back for the final run of games in the league where we missed out on European qualification?  Ramifications. Power is to be wielded....circumspectly .
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1988: Nov 04, 2020 06:19:47 pm
      Replay the 2016 Europa league final ?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1989: Nov 04, 2020 06:35:24 pm
      Replay the 2016 Europa league final ?

But still allow Seville players to handle the ball.

Quick Reply