Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Milan Jovanovic (Liverpool -> Anderlect)

Read 101014 times
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Milan Jovanovic (Standard Leige)
      Reply #23: Jan 25, 2010 12:42:03 pm
      There has been a lots of links to him in the last few weeks, AC Milan are meant be heavily linked to him as well. Never seen him to be honest but he is 28 and still playing in Belgium wouldn't have massive expectations for him to be honest.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Re: Milan Jovanovic (Standard Leige)
      Reply #24: Jan 25, 2010 12:44:02 pm
      Yeah, there's already a thread for him: http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=26661.0

edit:

Works for me LFCExiled.
      « Last Edit: Mar 15, 2011 01:58:18 pm by Dexter »
      YanksOutForGood
      • Forum David Johnson

• 215 posts | -1 
      Re: Milan Jovanovic (Standard Liege)
      Reply #25: Jan 26, 2010 12:57:10 am
      we got pacheco anyway

shame the reserves need him to knock in more goals though
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2765 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #26: Feb 02, 2010 06:33:33 pm
      Looking like a pre contract agreement is near done
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #27: Feb 02, 2010 06:33:51 pm
      Looks like this is a goer, pre-contract agreed.  Good thing is, he states he will only come to Liverpool if Rafa is in charge  ;D

Will post link when I find it.  Was reported on SSN just 5 mins ago.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #28: Feb 02, 2010 06:37:15 pm
      So he's coming in the summer?

Know nothing about the lad to be honest.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #29: Feb 02, 2010 06:41:39 pm
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #30: Feb 02, 2010 06:44:43 pm
      Nice one Smiggs.

Looks a very decent finisher. Left footed too. Offer us something different.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #31: Feb 02, 2010 07:18:52 pm
      He is nothing to get excited about and I hope to F**k he is not our only striker signing in the Summer.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #32: Feb 02, 2010 07:19:46 pm
      Standard Liege striker Milan Jovanovic is on the verge of agreeing a pre-contract deal with Liverpool.

The Serbia international has held talks with Anfield chiefs over a move to Merseyside when his current deal with the Jupiler League outfit expires in the summer.

Having seen an approach for Kenwyne Jones falter with accusations by Sunderland boss Steve Bruce of unsettling the player, Rafael Benitez looks set to add 28-year-old Jovanovic to his ranks for the new season,

It is claimed that Jovanovic, who was crowned Belgian Player of the Year 2009, has only agreed to sign a deal with the Reds if Benitez remains as manager. The Spaniard has been the subject of interest from Italian giants Juventus who have not given up hope on securing his services on a long-term basis.

One-time AC Milan target Jovanovic is expected to sign a three-year deal, with an additional 12-month extension optional, shortly.
      http://www.clickliverpool.com/sport/liverpool-fc/127862-milan-jovanovic-on-verge-of-liverpool-fc-move.html

Not gonna lie to you lot, I went to watch them play against Arsenal at the Emirates with my mate who has a season ticket and he didn't pop up anywhere, then again he could have had an off game or maybe didn't even play.
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #33: Feb 02, 2010 07:39:26 pm
      Standard Liege striker Milan Jovanovic is on the verge of agreeing a pre-contract deal with Liverpool.

The Serbia international has held talks with Anfield chiefs over a move to Merseyside when his current deal with the Jupiler League outfit expires in the summer.

Having seen an approach for Kenwyne Jones falter with accusations by Sunderland boss Steve Bruce of unsettling the player, Rafael Benitez looks set to add 28-year-old Jovanovic to his ranks for the new season,

It is claimed that Jovanovic, who was crowned Belgian Player of the Year 2009, has only agreed to sign a deal with the Reds if Benitez remains as manager. The Spaniard has been the subject of interest from Italian giants Juventus who have not given up hope on securing his services on a long-term basis.

One-time AC Milan target Jovanovic is expected to sign a three-year deal, with an additional 12-month extension optional, shortly.
      http://www.clickliverpool.com/sport/liverpool-fc/127862-milan-jovanovic-on-verge-of-liverpool-fc-move.html

Not gonna lie to you lot, I went to watch them play against Arsenal at the Emirates with my mate who has a season ticket and he didn't pop up anywhere, then again he could have had an off game or maybe didn't even play.

You are right!! he didn't play
      redcraig
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 172 posts | 14 
      Reply #34: Feb 02, 2010 08:55:21 pm
      Looks like a good finisher.

There is also a 'Skrtel' look about him. I am not sure if Anfield could handle that much testosterone in the starting 11!
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #35: Feb 02, 2010 09:04:22 pm
      Seems to be a good deal. Shame we couldn't have him now though :(
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #36: Feb 02, 2010 09:38:54 pm
      Looks like a real box striker. Left footed as well.

Should offer something different than Kuyt when Torres is out.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #37: Feb 02, 2010 11:28:05 pm
      Milan Jovanovic ... Or Mike Tyson ?

Could be good, or could be another Voronin.
      flafson
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 497 posts |
      Reply #38: Feb 03, 2010 01:06:23 am
      Looks like he was trying to bite his ear off.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #39: Feb 03, 2010 01:18:12 am
      Well he can't be all bad!

REDS CLOSE TO JOVANOVIC DEAL
      By Carl Markham, Press Association Sport

Liverpool are closing in on a deal to sign Standard Liege striker Milan Jovanovic.

It is understood negotiations on a pre-contract agreement for the 28-year-old to join them in the summer are at an advanced stage.

The Serbia international is out of contract at the end of the season and Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has been tracking the player for some time.

Barclays Premier League rivals Birmingham and Serie A giants AC Milan were also believed to be interested in the former Lokomotiv Moscow forward, who is reportedly ready to sign a three-year deal at Anfield.

The capture of Jovanovic would reinforce Benitez's continued assertions that he plans to remain at Liverpool for the long term despite strong interest from Juventus to make him their coach at the end of the campaign.

If the player does complete his move to Liverpool, he has already done plenty to endear himself to Reds fans.

Just over a year ago he was linked with Merseyside rivals Everton, as well as Aston Villa, but rejected a move to Goodison Park out of hand.

"Everton aren't a big club. That club I have turned down already," he told Serbian website Blic online at the time.

That almost mirrored Benitez's insult of three years ago when, after a goalless Merseyside derby, he said the Toffees were a "smaller club".

Jovanovic averages almost a goal every other game for Standard Liege, for whom he has scored 12 in 23 appearances this season, and can also operate as left-sided forward or attacking midfielder.

Benitez has also been linked with Bordeaux's Morocco striker Marouane Chamakh, who is also eligible to sign a pre-contract agreement with a foreign club as he is a free agent in the summer.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/10/02/02/SOCCER_Liverpool_Jovanovic.html

Seems a smart lad.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #40: Feb 03, 2010 02:07:03 am
      Another red to watch in the world cup hopefully :)
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #41: Feb 03, 2010 02:29:21 am
      Another red to watch in the world cup hopefully :)

He wasn't a regular during qualifiers.

He was behind Zigic and Pantelic in the pecking order, but still got some decent game time.

flafson
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 497 posts |
      Reply #42: Feb 03, 2010 02:31:07 am
      From his videos, hard to say he's better than N'gog, just my opinion though.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #43: Feb 03, 2010 02:45:16 am
      I'm not happy he's coming at all, I really hope he'll prove me wrong, but I have big doubts. I've seen him play plenty of times in the belgian league, but the belgian league isn't all that great, and he hasn't even been dominating that much there, and he's not young either.

He wasn't a regular during qualifiers.

He was behind Zigic and Pantelic in the pecking order, but still got some decent game time.

He's behind Pantelic, seriously? Pantelic is at Ajax at the moment, and he's really not anywhere Liverpool level, he's like Voronin, at most a subtop player.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #44: Feb 03, 2010 02:57:55 am
      Id be excited...but Voronin has scarred my mind on free transfers.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #45: Feb 03, 2010 03:48:33 am
      The saddest thing about this all is that this is a clear indication we will not have any money to spend this summer again.

Rafa is being forced to scupper in the rubbish again when it comes to the transfer market, so any ambitions of bringing in Villa or Mata are clearly in the water now. It is blatantly obvious that we need quality up front someone worthy enough of partnering Torres as a second striker. Someone of that quality does not come under 25 million in the present market, it really is a sad state of affairs and I just hope it does not force Rafa out because clearly he is not being given the correct tools to perform his job well enough to cater for the ambitions of this club.

As for Jovanovic I hope he can have a positive impact and make some sort of a difference, I remain sceptical though knowing that he is another free signing arriving at the same age as Voronin did when he came here. I would hate to see him deny the chances of some of our youngsters like Nemeth and Pacheco to progress further.

To sum it up I blame the Yanks!

Quick Reply