Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Milan Jovanovic (Liverpool -> Anderlect)

Read 100579 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Re: Milan Jovanovic Player Thread
      Reply #690: Jul 01, 2011 08:57:48 pm
      If nobody takes Jova off us then it just confirms that he's being paid silly money. He may not have done anything for us but he's certainly good enough for a mid-table Premier League team or the equivalent elsewhere.
      As you point out Rep a mid table club with mid table aspirations would pay mid table wages and bollocks of course would be unwilling to cooperate, in spite of the fact that his performance levels mean he would have to fight for a place in such a club.
      What we need is a Cash In The Attic type of thing but where on the TV programme they flog unwanted gear in their storeroom we should auction off this expensive bric a brac at the best price we can get and F**k their greedy agents right off.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #691: Jul 01, 2011 08:58:37 pm
      Think the saying, pay peanuts and you get monkeys,. very apt here.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #692: Jul 01, 2011 09:32:09 pm
      How many free transfers actually work out?? Not many.

Voronin, Degen, Jovanovic, etc.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Alcohol makes me horny
      Reply #693: Jul 01, 2011 09:51:45 pm
      Has it been confirmed that he's being a greedy pr**k?

I think some people are way too quick to turn on players.
      robbieisgod23/9
      Reply #694: Jul 01, 2011 09:55:16 pm
      Has it been confirmed that he's being a greedy pr**k?

I think some people are way too quick to turn on players.

if he did anything to justify the wages i dont think anyone would care what he got paid
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Alcohol makes me horny as well
      Reply #695: Jul 01, 2011 09:56:37 pm
      Impossible not to laugh at Dmasta's posts titles
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #696: Jul 01, 2011 09:57:35 pm
      I'm personally not suggesting he's greedy. He's only recently signed for us so why should he take a pay cut? The problem I see is that more suitable clubs for him may not be willing to pay anywhere near his current wage.

Although what clouds the issue a bit is that his wage might not be that high but his signing on fee may have been spread over the contract, meaning we'd have to pay that off to get trid.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Megan Fox makes me happy in the pants.
      Reply #697: Jul 01, 2011 10:15:34 pm
      It wasn't aimed at you, Rep.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #698: Jul 01, 2011 10:17:28 pm
      ;D, it's ok mate, I didn't take offense. I was just clarifying what I meant because it could have come across that way.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #699: Jul 01, 2011 10:21:05 pm
      I'm personally not suggesting he's greedy. He's only recently signed for us so why should he take a pay cut? The problem I see is that more suitable clubs for him may not be willing to pay anywhere near his current wage.

Although what clouds the issue a bit is that his wage might not be that high but his signing on fee may have been spread over the contract, meaning we'd have to pay that off to get rid.
      Who the F**k signed us up for that one I wonder.
      robbieisgod23/9
      Reply #700: Jul 01, 2011 10:24:44 pm

i wasnt suggesting he is greedy either.. the deal was put in front of him and he signed it, fair play, id do the same, my anger is vented towards the men who put the deal in front of him in the first place
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Edited
      Reply #701: Jul 01, 2011 10:31:05 pm
      It wasn't aimed at you either. ;)
      « Last Edit: Jul 01, 2011 11:26:43 pm by Reslivo, Reason: Have a guess... »
      robbieisgod23/9
      Reply #702: Jul 01, 2011 10:34:16 pm
      It wasn't aimed at you either. ;)

ill keep quiet   :giveup:
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Edited
      Reply #703: Jul 01, 2011 10:35:21 pm
      That's only what I've heard people suggest on here Stuey, about his signing on fee.
      « Last Edit: Jul 01, 2011 11:26:27 pm by Reslivo, Reason: Have a guess... »
      LFCexiled
      Edited
      Reply #704: Jul 01, 2011 10:41:01 pm
      I have nothing to say.
      « Last Edit: Jul 01, 2011 11:26:10 pm by Reslivo, Reason: Have a guess... »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #705: Jul 01, 2011 11:37:49 pm
      That's only what I've heard people suggest on here Stuey, about his signing on fee.
      I can only think there is some truth in it mate, why else is the F***ing whopper still here?
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #706: Jul 01, 2011 11:52:42 pm
      Do not blame him at all for the contract he signed...it was put in front of him and he has done very nicely off it.
      I do though worry about the morals of a player such as Jova, Cole, Konchesky and the rest who are in no doubt at all that they are unwanted, no the club is trying to move forward and still see fit to dig their feet in when they are clearly unwanted at Anfield.
      That to me is quite offensive and disrespectful of our club.
      The fact that no one has come in for them (regardless of the wages they are on) shows what bad signings they were.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #707: Jul 02, 2011 02:21:22 am
      To be fair though, Lester. As with most things, we don't really know what's going on in the club.
      Are they digging their heals in?
      Have they accepted they're not wanted?
      Are they just hoping that with effort and perseverance they can make it?
      Have they instructed their agents to find other clubs?
      I have no idea. Bit harsh to criticise the players at this moment in time.
      (Not having a go, by the way).
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #708: Jul 02, 2011 09:41:02 am
            ^     ^     ^
       Some very good points Rep and it is doubtful whether they all apply to each of the players we judge to be 'deadwood', but even if one or two can be applied that is still well enough reason to ship out and some of the points do stick like sh*t to a blanket.
      « Last Edit: Jul 02, 2011 11:26:47 pm by stuey »
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #709: Jul 02, 2011 10:07:50 am
      A good defence put up here from vitez but my stance on the player remains the same. I think he's sh*te, i don't really have the energy to construct a 2000 word post on the reasons either, i'm tired today. He is a professional footballer, he gets paid handsomely for the pleasure of plying his trade, whether that pay equates to 120,000 a week or 45,000 a week. He is worth neither. His first few games for us went alright, he is strong and i thought he'd do well in a tough League but he hasn't. I doubt he's the fastest player in the squad, though i'm prepared to accept i'm wrong when you get those replies to the e-mails you've sent. I seem to remember another player that had bags of explosive pace and power, he wasn't good enough either. Power is nothing without control so to speak.

Kenny has already stated that what a player does in training will get noticed and that players will get picked on merit, obviously Jovanovic has not done enough to warrant selection. I am not using Kenny as a smokescreen here either to back up my opinion. I will say that quite a few players here are sh*te, based on the return from the player against the money invested in them. When i look at a team that is capable of winning the title then i see no place for Jovanovic, along with several other players, on the bench, let alone in the starting eleven. Players who are not good enough for either scenario are by default not good enough for Liverpool Football Club in my opinion.
      Jesus Hearts LFC
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 116 posts |
      Reply #710: Jul 02, 2011 11:20:08 pm
      A good defence put up here from vitez but my stance on the player remains the same. I think he's sh*te, I don't really have the energy to construct a 2000 word post on the reasons either, I'm tired today. He is a professional footballer, he gets paid handsomely for the pleasure of plying his trade, whether that pay equates to 120,000 a week or 45,000 a week. He is worth neither. His first few games for us went alright, he is strong and I thought he'd do well in a tough League but he hasn't. I doubt he's the fastest player in the squad, though I'm prepared to accept I'm wrong when you get those replies to the e-mails you've sent. I seem to remember another player that had bags of explosive pace and power, he wasn't good enough either. Power is nothing without control so to speak.

Kenny has already stated that what a player does in training will get noticed and that players will get picked on merit, obviously Jovanovic has not done enough to warrant selection. I am not using Kenny as a smokescreen here either to back up my opinion. I will say that quite a few players here are sh*te, based on the return from the player against the money invested in them. When I look at a team that is capable of winning the title then I see no place for Jovanovic, along with several other players, on the bench, let alone in the starting eleven. Players who are not good enough for either scenario are by default not good enough for Liverpool Football Club in my opinion.

^^^
      This. All day. We can get into the hypotheticals and opinions of quality and work-rate, but ultimately what matters is that he doesn't produce on the pitch and has not warranted selection. Sad it didn't work out, but we have to move on and not be concerned about his athleticism. End product is what matters most, and I just do not see it. I don't see him WANTING it enough (which sparked some of the debate here, as it turns out), but I'm cool with it if people disagree with that... this man's humble opinion, that's all.

Ultimate point here... would anyone even have a shred of disappointment if we shipped him out?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #711: Jul 02, 2011 11:21:21 pm
      Not one bit, quite the opposite I'd rejoice.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #712: Jul 03, 2011 05:32:01 pm
      Im not sure why you have quoted me in relation to financial debate vitez. I never mentioned finance.

In my opinion he wasn't good enough to establish himself on the side last season and with us looking to progress I agree that he is not a complete waste of a footballer but he isn't up to the standard we need now or in the future.

Sorry mate, the first paragraph of my reply was clarifying my stance (I got the impression you thought I didn't think he was good enough for LFC, I think he actually could've been a valuable squad member).  The second paragraph was just me reiterating about the finances of the matter.  That part wasn't aimed at you, you just happened to be the unlucky one I'd quoted so it looked that way.

Ultimate point here... would anyone even have a shred of disappointment if we shipped him out?

No, because if you're not using a player you're paying - the funds [which are paying his wages] are ultimately wasted.  I'm disappointed he hasn't been used, but not that he's being shipped out.

At the time of his signing, he would've been used as competition for the likes of Babel and Maxi on the left (of a 4-2-3-1) and competition for N'Gog (when Torres was inevitably injured) up front.  Also, could've provided additional cover for Gerrard in the case of injury (in the CAM role) - at the time and given the circumstances, he was a great signing.  A new manager (and new owners) come along who both do things very differently and before you know it - his footballing ability is in question and he's any expletive you feel like mentioning.  Nothing more than a victim of circumstances.
      « Last Edit: Jul 03, 2011 08:29:00 pm by vitez »

Quick Reply